Author Topic: Re: Slap Pals Fantasy Football 2022  (Read 6550 times)

BallDontLie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 677
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Slap Pals Fantasy Football 2022
« Reply #270 on: November 01, 2022, 09:45:50 AM »
I won despite Carr scoring 1.94 FCKING POINTS… what the hell lol ending my 3-game skid
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 852
« Reply #271 on: November 03, 2022, 01:46:35 PM »
Michael Thomas is done for the year. Again. He's gotta be one of the biggest what-ifs in recent history at this point..

Welp I have to replace him on one team. I'm in first place in this league on the back of a chubb/henry/khalil/miles/Gibson rb core and Mahomes at qb, so I only roll 2 wrs per week and usually only roster 3. Tyreek and Christian Kirk are what I have starting right now and I have an open roster spot to use on a WR. My options are -

Garrett Wilson
Rondale Moore
Devin Duvernay
Romeo Doubs

Or do I gamble on Mecole Hardman continuing to break out and try to combo that with Mahomes? Im kinda scared that Toney is just going to straight steal most of those touches he's been getting.

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1435
« Reply #272 on: November 03, 2022, 02:21:35 PM »
Michael Thomas is done for the year. Again. He's gotta be one of the biggest what-ifs in recent history at this point..

Welp I have to replace him on one team. I'm in first place in this league on the back of a chubb/henry/khalil/miles/Gibson rb core and Mahomes at qb, so I only roll 2 wrs per week and usually only roster 3. Tyreek and Christian Kirk are what I have starting right now and I have an open roster spot to use on a WR. My options are -

Garrett Wilson
Rondale Moore
Devin Duvernay
Romeo Doubs

Or do I gamble on Mecole Hardman continuing to break out and try to combo that with Mahomes? Im kinda scared that Toney is just going to straight steal most of those touches he's been getting.

Toney seems like such a glass cannon though. I don't think he's reliable

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #273 on: November 03, 2022, 05:41:59 PM »
Expand Quote

Garrett Wilson
Rondale Moore
Devin Duvernay
Romeo Doubs

[close]

So you'd go Hardman? He's one of those guys I picked up speculatively at some point each of the last 2 years only to have him disappear again. He's put up 50 pts over the last few weeks but I'm still a little skeptical.

Rondale Moore is kind of the same deal.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #274 on: November 03, 2022, 06:59:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Garrett Wilson
Rondale Moore
Devin Duvernay
Romeo Doubs

[close]

[close]

So you'd go Hardman? He's one of those guys I picked up speculatively at some point each of the last 2 years only to have him disappear again. He's put up 50 pts over the last few weeks but I'm still a little skeptical.

I don't trust any kc receivers outside of kelce. Too much variation

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #275 on: November 03, 2022, 09:50:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Garrett Wilson
Rondale Moore
Devin Duvernay
Romeo Doubs

[close]

[close]

[close]

I don't trust any kc receivers outside of kelce. Too much variation

So who would you pick? I'm looking for opinions here.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #276 on: November 03, 2022, 10:02:46 PM »
I'd probably ride with Hardman. I got fooled by the Toney show last season and I'm not buying into the hype until i see it on the field

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
Re: Re: Slap Pals Fantasy Football 2022
« Reply #277 on: November 03, 2022, 11:57:41 PM »
I’m down to trade toney if anyone is feeling lucky haha

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #278 on: November 08, 2022, 04:11:40 PM »
Looking to trade Clyde Edwards Helaire sooner than later . Last 4 weeks dismal #’s , not sure why the Chiefs decide not to incorporate him more in the offense. Seriously , one on those times as soon as I trade him … he gonna start producing the #’s he destined for. Send me your offers….

At bare minimum he’s a flex starter . Guarantee as soon as I trade him he starts producing RB2 #’s he accustomed to. That’s how these things work. You benefit

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #279 on: November 08, 2022, 06:29:10 PM »
Looking to trade Clyde Edwards Helaire sooner than later . Last 4 weeks dismal #’s , not sure why the Chiefs decide not to incorporate him more in the offense. Seriously , one on those times as soon as I trade him … he gonna start producing the #’s he destined for. Send me your offers….

At bare minimum he’s a flex starter . Guarantee as soon as I trade him he starts producing RB2 #’s he accustomed to. That’s how these things work. You benefit

They just aren't running. Nothing new there. He's still the lead back but as a team there's like 20 rushing attempts a game spread between 3 backs. Hard to put up consistent numbers when you only get 10 touches a game but he's the guy they give it to on 4th and short

He's a td dependent Flex, just like every other chief not named Kelce or Mahomes. I don't think he's ever put up rb2 numbers for more than a game at a time, so I would say that was an unreasonable expectation if that's what you drafted him as. He has fewer total tds in 3 years than James Conner had just last year.

Players like CEH can be tricky because you watch him and he looks so good that it's easy to overdraft him but the system around him severely hampers his numbers. He's for sure the best RB they have talent wise but when's the last time you saw an Andy Reid team that had a good fantasy RB for more than a year? I don't think they've even had a back with multiple 1000 yard seasons since Jamaal Charles and he was a leftover from the Todd Haley days so I'm not sure how many of those came under Reid. Andy just doesn't use RBs in a way that is conducive to fantasy success week in and week out.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -211
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #280 on: November 08, 2022, 07:37:57 PM »
I survived Byemageddon with no Christian McCaffrey and all of Boston Scott’s 0.5 points. 😂
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #281 on: November 09, 2022, 08:18:29 AM »
Hilarious that I lost last week to someone who had a te put up 0 and an empty rb slot. My whole team had a dud week and Justin fields was on the bench

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 677
« Reply #282 on: November 09, 2022, 01:05:09 PM »
Lol yeah dunno how i won that one…
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #283 on: November 09, 2022, 03:15:32 PM »
Lol yeah dunno how i won that one…

You had two 20+ scorers and most of my players got like 9

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #284 on: November 10, 2022, 07:32:44 PM »
Dear BR,

Some real talk & your analysis spot on . Feel more like a fool for drafting him so high . With Kansas City , a free for all any receiver or running back. Any Given Sunday

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
Re: Re: Slap Pals Fantasy Football 2022
« Reply #285 on: November 15, 2022, 01:06:47 PM »
Low scoring W for me this week with 85 but I’ll take it haha

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #286 on: November 15, 2022, 01:54:32 PM »
Another brutal week for injuries with ertz, goedert and kupp going down

DiscountCanofTuna

• Rep: 7
« Reply #287 on: November 15, 2022, 02:10:53 PM »
Been a rough year, good to get that 3rd win and a decent score for once. Let's see if I can go on a run and beat the '1% chance' ESPN gave me of making play offs
2023 Slap Pals Fantasy Football Champion

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #288 on: November 16, 2022, 10:41:45 AM »
Last chance to get some trades in. Anyone interested in dealing

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #289 on: November 16, 2022, 01:00:29 PM »
Last chance to get some trades in. Anyone interested in dealing

whats your team?
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #290 on: November 16, 2022, 01:51:52 PM »
Danger Ru$$
Pleasure doing business with you boys
« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 11:14:03 PM by DaleSr »

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #291 on: November 17, 2022, 09:48:53 AM »
Anyone want Watson? 😂

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #292 on: November 17, 2022, 02:23:03 PM »
Danger Ru$$
Pretty sure I got bamboozled. Interesting to see how this plays out for the remainder of the season. Felt like I was playing chess with you , back & forth with counter offers lol

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #293 on: November 17, 2022, 02:44:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Danger Ru$$
[close]
Pretty sure I got bamboozled. Interesting to see how this plays out for the remainder of the season. Felt like I was playing chess with you , back & forth with counter offers lol

I wanted marquise bad. Fingers crossed with my rbs now that I traded my depth away

I also was having a lot of fun in our back and forth negotiations

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #294 on: November 17, 2022, 07:37:24 PM »
Anyone want Watson? 😂

I got suuuuper lucky with how the byes and injuries played out and managed to get him for a pittance in FAB in my dynasty. I actually drafted him as my last pick but had to drop him early when the Akers shit started. Looking like a solid future wr2 or maybe even a 1 if he keeps it up. Rodgers is starting to trust him, but there's definitely still work to be done with his route running and timing.

I got Davante Adams the same way many moons ago. I hate Rodgers the person but I've been milking his incredible productivity for a good half decade now.

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #295 on: November 17, 2022, 08:11:32 PM »
My gut tells me I should start George Pickens over Diontae Johnson every week. Just feel like Pickens on the rise especially as of late. What do you think?

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #296 on: November 17, 2022, 09:05:27 PM »
My gut tells me I should start George Pickens over Diontae Johnson every week. Just feel like Pickens on the rise especially as of late. What do you think?

The rookie had more practice time with the other rookie. Pickett didn’t start the season out with the first team offense and likely has better rapport with Pickens.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #297 on: November 18, 2022, 03:12:11 PM »

The truth is no Steelers WR is really worth starting as long as Matt Canada is calling plays. Our biggest chunk plays this year have been soft PI calls on the defense.

If you have to pick one, I'd do it based on what you need though. Johnson is technically "the guy" in this offense so he has a safer floor and will see the most targets most weeks. Pickens is crazy talented but also a little raw and Pickett isn't super accurate downfield where he runs a lot of his routes. He's riskier but his rapport with Pickett and the fact that we've been actively scheming him rz touches means he probably has a higher ceiling, especially in non-ppr leagues.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 878
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #298 on: November 20, 2022, 12:47:15 PM »
Good week to have the Commanders D and Tyler Bass lmao, puttin up 40 off kickers and defense/special teams alone

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #299 on: November 20, 2022, 01:07:19 PM »
Good week to have the Commanders D and Tyler Bass lmao, puttin up 40 off kickers and defense/special teams alone

Those are always the best weird weeks. When the side positions put up big points. Like getting a thirty burger from a TE