Author Topic: Re: Slap Pals Fantasy Football 2022  (Read 6517 times)

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1439
Re: Slap Pals Fantasy Football 2022
« Reply #360 on: January 05, 2023, 02:35:08 PM »
Looking forward to next season. I'm getting the chip inshallah

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #361 on: May 25, 2023, 01:22:27 PM »
I know it’s early still and I’m bumping an old thread but just wanted to go on the record that I hope this comes back, and that I’d love to have a team!

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #362 on: May 26, 2023, 10:09:09 AM »
Cardinals release DeAndre Hopkins! Wow crazy that they couldn’t pull off a trade to get some type of value

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #363 on: May 26, 2023, 10:33:35 AM »
Cardinals release DeAndre Hopkins! Wow crazy that they couldn’t pull off a trade to get some type of value

Wild.  Must be no one wants to take on that kinda contract and give the Cards compensation to boot.  After the whole Gannon tampering situation I can’t imagine a team like the Eagles even doing a deal with the Cards front office.  Plus I think Hopkins wants to only go to a Ravens, Chiefs, Eagles etc. so the Cards didn’t have much leverage.  Arizona also nets some cap savings by offloading him before June 1 I believe.

BallDontLie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 677
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #364 on: May 26, 2023, 10:51:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Wild.  Must be no one wants to take on that kinda contract and give the Cards compensation to boot.  After the whole Gannon tampering situation I can’t imagine a team like the Eagles even doing a deal with the Cards front office.  Plus I think Hopkins wants to only go to a Ravens, Chiefs, Eagles etc. so the Cards didn’t have much leverage.  Arizona also nets some cap savings by offloading him before June 1 I believe.

Cards are a mess…. Seems like just a few years ago they were at the least in contention to win the NFC…

Always felt bad he had a QB carousel here…Traded for basically peanuts. Story goes Jack easterby (just google that psycho) wasn’t fond of Hop’s “background” and convinced Texans to trade him…

Thought this was pretty crazy…

“DeAndre Hopkins has caught TD passes from MANY QBs

Deshaun Watson (25)
Kyler Murray (17)
T.J. Yates (7)
Ryan Fitzpatrick (6)
Brian Hoyer (5)
Brock Osweiler (4)
Ryan Mallett (2)
Tom Savage (2)
Case Keenum (1)
Matt Schaub (1)
Brandon Weeden (1)”
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #365 on: May 26, 2023, 10:58:50 AM »
Yeah the churchification of the Texans org was weird, another team that seemed like it might contend not too too long ago.

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
Re: Re: Slap Pals Fantasy Football 2022
« Reply #366 on: July 21, 2023, 04:58:23 AM »
Man I’m bummed Saquon and the giants couldn’t reach an agreement. It’ll be interesting to see what he does this season

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -210
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #367 on: July 21, 2023, 05:31:25 AM »
Man I’m bummed Saquon and the giants couldn’t reach an agreement. It’ll be interesting to see what he does this season

He might sit out.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #368 on: July 21, 2023, 04:19:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He might sit out.

I’m expecting that to happen sadly, a lot of people are blaming the giants but man I think he was offered a fair deal. Considering he always says he wants to play out his career in NY, I thought he would have bent a little more.