Author Topic: Tiago Lemos is an abuser and the industry loves him for it  (Read 45444 times)

smokecrack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
Tiago Lemos is an abuser and the industry loves him for it
« on: August 03, 2022, 04:56:08 AM »
So this has been a “hush hush” secret over the last few years. It’s the supposed reason that Dime severed ties with Tiago. Realistically, there are a few Canadian assholes that have had their fair share of abuse toward women too.

If we’re going to call out Jasson Jesse, GX 1000, Al Davis, Yonnie Cruz, Johan Stuckey, etc. then let’s keep it 100.

If you want to ban me, delete this thread or do whatever you have to do to silence this, then so be it. I’m not keeping my mouth shut over an alleged abuser anymore. Fuck that.

Speaking of Canadians, spoke to my friend in Montreal who filled me on what happened with Tiago and Dime. Tiago allegedly sexually assaulted a girl in Montreal, who was friends with Una Farrar. Una then told Dime, Dime were having their own issues at the time, with Antoine being called out in the scene for sexual assault too. Dime severed ties with Tiago straight away, and the Anitoine incident has been swept under the carpet.

Tiago Lemos, Dime MTL, Primitive, New Balance, and everyone else that financially benefits from this. What do you have to say?

SR ACF

• Rep: -291
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Tiago Lemos is an abuser and the industry loves him for it
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2022, 05:19:39 AM »
Uh oh ... Tiago was just too good to be true I guess... interesting to read about the Antoine situation, is that why ge disappeared off the Real roster? We're referring to Antoine Asselin right?

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 35
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2022, 05:31:48 AM »
So this has been a “hush hush” secret over the last few years. It’s the supposed reason that Dime severed ties with Tiago. Realistically, there are a few Canadian assholes that have had their fair share of abuse toward women too.

If we’re going to call out Jasson Jesse, GX 1000, Al Davis, Yonnie Cruz, Johan Stuckey, etc. then let’s keep it 100.

If you want to ban me, delete this thread or do whatever you have to do to silence this, then so be it. I’m not keeping my mouth shut over an alleged abuser anymore. Fuck that.

Expand Quote
Speaking of Canadians, spoke to my friend in Montreal who filled me on what happened with Tiago and Dime. Tiago allegedly sexually assaulted a girl in Montreal, who was friends with Una Farrar. Una then told Dime, Dime were having their own issues at the time, with Antoine being called out in the scene for sexual assault too. Dime severed ties with Tiago straight away, and the Anitoine incident has been swept under the carpet.
[close]

Tiago Lemos, Dime MTL, Primitive, New Balance, and everyone else that financially benefits from this. What do you have to say?

allegedly?

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2022, 05:48:53 AM »
Fucken hell

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2022, 05:54:27 AM »
Oh geeze. Here we go again.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

SR ACF

• Rep: -291
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2022, 05:55:42 AM »
People like this dudes skating? I just skip his parts. He's an updated Darren Harper with more tricks and just as shitty style

Did you just diss Darren Harper? Some serious stuff going on in this thread that shouldn't be diluted so how about we take this argument elsewhere buddy?

Mall Grab Mike

• Rep: -9
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2022, 05:56:35 AM »
Yes, don't keep your mouth shut over an "alleged" abuser. Cancel him, keep it 100. It's your right to spread rumors. Who needs facts?

bobforapples

• Rep: -55

bobforapples

• Rep: -55
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2022, 06:01:58 AM »
Antoine assholelin

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2022, 06:11:39 AM »
Could be a case of Uma tells them they can’t really say anything since Antoine is an abuser too so they just cut ties with Tiago.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2022, 06:15:26 AM »
Damn this sucks, but it's been a while since the rumours started. I wanna see what he'll say about it.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2022, 06:22:59 AM »
What are we talking about here ? A drunkin' slap on the ass of a friend Una's and she didn't like that?  Pretty heavy stuff to throwing out around here I know it's been slow and all. Post up Una.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -62
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2022, 06:32:22 AM »
What are we talking about here ? A drunkin' slap on the ass of a friend Una's and she didn't like that?  Pretty heavy stuff to throwing out around here I know it's been slow and all. Post up Una.

With the minimal info we have, jumping on the BURN HIM AT THE STAKE bandwagon isn't cool.
It's significantly less cool to automatically assume the victim is exaggerating or lying.

theoriginalgoon

• Rep: -63
  • eight equals d
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2022, 06:35:53 AM »
🍿
Me: I found skate Jesus.

Slap: Yeah, well maybe if he does the crucifix switch I will believe it.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2022, 06:39:28 AM »
Ever think about the fact that if this did happen maybe the survivor doesn’t feel comfortable talking about it and you just took even more of her autonomy away by making her trauma public information?

P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2022, 06:41:30 AM »
i dont know if @Swithflip posts anymore, but if he doesn't, i'll cosplay as him so we don't miss out on his contribution

slap wack. xenophobic towards brasil, you make fun. you say we only have etnies marnara, and bad spots. you worship dad like silas and andrew allen. he look like air condientionar repair man. suck fa and gino ball. you take down good man like tiago. cancel pigs

Balzac

• Rep: -45
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2022, 06:45:27 AM »
Yeap, and NB covered the facts with money.

hahahahahaha

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2022, 06:50:38 AM »
so this supposedly happened 3 years ago? at least?

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2022, 06:51:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
When I get drunk I never touch anyone. Like a normal person. Kombucha is fucking disgusting

So is beer. In my made scenario the slap was consensual.  But yes. We should just go off OPs post and cancel Tiago at once.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2022, 06:53:13 AM »

hahahahahaha

Zero chance NB would put the entire reputation of their company at risk to rescue a skateboarder who isn't even a household name from sexual assault accusations.

tonitonne

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2022, 06:54:14 AM »
I'm just waiting for this to somehow devolve into a political argument.

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2022, 06:55:33 AM »
I hope this isn't true, he seems like a chill guy. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure Tyson Peterson killed that baby at Dime.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2022, 06:57:50 AM »
i dont know if @Swithflip posts anymore, but if he doesn't, i'll cosplay as him so we don't miss out on his contribution

slap wack. xenophobic towards brasil, you make fun. you say we only have etnies marnara, and bad spots. you worship dad like silas and andrew allen. he look like air condientionar repair man. suck fa and gino ball. you take down good man like tiago. cancel pigs

Wow. God tier on that one.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Balzac

• Rep: -45
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2022, 06:58:35 AM »
Expand Quote

hahahahahaha
[close]

Zero chance NB would put the entire reputation of their company at risk to rescue a skateboarder who isn't even a household name from sexual assault accusations.

It happened maybe 2 or 3 years ago. His contract with NB is was for two years. NB could just not renew it...but 1010 shoe is flying like a eagle.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2022, 06:58:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
When I get drunk I never touch anyone. Like a normal person. Kombucha is fucking disgusting
[close]

So is beer. In my made scenario the slap was consensual.  But yes. We should just go off OPs post and cancel Tiago at once.

Nobody in here is immediately "cancelling" him, so you can probably hold off on the victim blaming and white knighting for Thiago for the time being. Fuck's sake.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2022, 07:00:34 AM »
Of all the abuse allegations about industry dudes that’s been on slap, this has the least amount of context by a wide margin. Not condoning this stuff obviously, but are (as of now) baseless internet rumors enough to cancel people over?

When did this happen?

Did this happen in Canada?

Who was abused, another skater? A chick? A dude?

Are we sure this is why Dime isn’t fucking with Tiago?

If it is the reason, then why don’t they have the balls to call him out?

If the reason they don’t make it public is because someone in their camp is also an abuser, then wtf is that about?

There’s rumors New Balance made people sign an NDA over it, but why would a corporation go to those lengths for Tiago? He’s not LeBron or Mbappe where association with them is worth billions.

…And again, because people think questioning things is the same as supporting bad actions, if he is abusing people then everyone needs to stop fucking with him, but where’s the evidence?

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2022, 07:01:59 AM »
Ever think about the fact that if this did happen maybe the survivor doesn’t feel comfortable talking about it and you just took even more of her autonomy away by making her trauma public information?

You mean like the hundred other times SLAP has done this over the years?

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2022, 07:04:39 AM »
Of all the abuse allegations about industry dudes that’s been on slap, this has the least amount of context by a wide margin. Not condoning this stuff obviously, but are (as of now) baseless internet rumors enough to cancel people over?

When did this happen?

If the reason they don’t make it public is because someone in their camp is also an abuser, then wtf is that about?

There’s rumors New Balance made people sign an NDA over it, but why would a corporation go to those lengths for Tiago? He’s not LeBron or, Mbappe where association with them is worth billions.

…And again, because people think questioning things is the same as supporting bad actions, if he is abusing people then everyone needs to stop fucking with him, but where’s the evidence?

Let’s be clear, if (God forbid) Kawhi got hit with serious allegations, I’m pretty sure New Balance wouldn’t hesitate to cut their losses and drop him over paying hush money and incurring further risk to their brand.

They’re not Vince McMahon.

Tiago is way lower on the NB priority list than Kawhi, Jamal Murray, Milo’s Raonic, Coco Gauff, and even Genie Bouchard.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

warmonke

• Rep: 43
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2022, 07:12:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

hahahahahaha
[close]

[close]

It happened maybe 2 or 3 years ago. His contract with NB is was for two years. NB could just not renew it...but 1010 shoe is flying like a eagle.
Can't imagine them not renewing his contract, he's got a new shoe coming out soon

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2022, 07:16:39 AM »
Expand Quote

When did this happen?

There’s rumors New Balance made people sign an NDA over it, but why would a corporation go to those lengths for Tiago? He’s not LeBron or, Mbappe where association with them is worth billions.

[close]

Let’s be clear, if (God forbid) Kawhi got hit with serious allegations, I’m pretty sure New Balance wouldn’t hesitate to cut their losses and drop him over paying hush money and incurring further risk to their brand.

They’re not Vince McMahon.

Tiago is way lower on the NB priority list than Kawhi, Jamal Murray, Milo’s Raonic, Coco Gauff, and even Genie Bouchard.
also, he’s not even sponsored by new balance proper, but a sub-brand. i doubt numeric is allotted much in the way of an abuse coverup budget.