Author Topic: Tiago Lemos is an abuser and the industry loves him for it  (Read 45448 times)

Balzac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -45
Re: Tiago Lemos is an abuser and the industry loves him for it
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2022, 07:21:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Of all the abuse allegations about industry dudes that’s been on slap, this has the least amount of context by a wide margin. Not condoning this stuff obviously, but are (as of now) baseless internet rumors enough to cancel people over?

When did this happen?

Did this happen in Canada?

Who was abused, another skater? A chick? A dude?

Are we sure this is why Dime isn’t fucking with Tiago?

If it is the reason, then why don’t they have the balls to call him out?

If the reason they don’t make it public is because someone in their camp is also an abuser, then wtf is that about?

There’s rumors New Balance made people sign an NDA over it, but why would a corporation go to those lengths for Tiago? He’s not LeBron or, Mbappe where association with them is worth billions.

…And again, because people think questioning things is the same as supporting bad actions, if he is abusing people then everyone needs to stop fucking with him, but where’s the evidence?
[close]

Let’s be clear, if (God forbid) Kawhi got hit with serious allegations, I’m pretty sure New Balance wouldn’t hesitate to cut their losses and drop him over paying hush money and incurring further risk to their brand.

They’re not Vince McMahon.

Tiago is way lower on the NB priority list than Kawhi, Jamal Murray, Milo’s Raonic, Coco Gauff, and even Genie Bouchard.
[close]
also, he’s not even sponsored by new balance proper, but a sub-brand. i doubt numeric is allotted much in the way of an abuse coverup budget.

I doubt if a sub-brand could pay 800k for two years for a person.

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1417
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2022, 07:33:30 AM »
i've never admitted this to anyone, so here goes. when i first started skating (around 10-11 years ago) my friends and i found all these kittens creeping out the bottom of someone's apartment patio. we all lived in this apartment complex and one of my friends lived next to the owner of these kittens and he said they were gone on vacation. it was one of those buildings where there's 2 rooms on the bottom and 2 on the top. so we decide to striaght up start chucking these cats as high as we can against the apartment walls. we litereally threw them 20-30 feet in the air and they just bounced off these walls, landing on the concrete. we did this for maybe 10 minutes untill i looked at one of the kittens and he was bleeding and crying. that was probably the most fucked up thing i've ever done and have kept that to myself since i was 13
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2022, 07:33:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Ever think about the fact that if this did happen maybe the survivor doesn’t feel comfortable talking about it and you just took even more of her autonomy away by making her trauma public information?
[close]

You mean like the hundred other times SLAP has done this over the years?

It happens every time why does he care now
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

zahed

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -28
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2022, 07:36:12 AM »
Based on timing the marketing campaign, distribution plan, and production of his NB 1010 was already underway. I don't think it's unrealistic NB were involved in the hush factor of whatever allegedly happened. The shoe continues to sell incredibly well.

That said, I have a size 12 black/orange barely worn NB Tiagos that are now for sale. DM with offers.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -63
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2022, 07:38:12 AM »
Expand Quote
i've never admitted this to anyone, so here goes. when i first started skating (around 10-11 years ago) my friends and i found all these kittens creeping out the bottom of someone's apartment patio. we all lived in this apartment complex and one of my friends lived next to the owner of these kittens and he said they were gone on vacation. it was one of those buildings where there's 2 rooms on the bottom and 2 on the top. so we decide to striaght up start chucking these cats as high as we can against the apartment walls. we litereally threw them 20-30 feet in the air and they just bounced off these walls, landing on the concrete. we did this for maybe 10 minutes untill i looked at one of the kittens and he was bleeding and crying. that was probably the most fucked up thing i've ever done and have kept that to myself since i was 13
[close]

If I had a time machine, I'd set it to 2 minutes ago and not read that.

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2022, 07:38:23 AM »
We once threw pears to the wall and my friend (who goes to gym) threw it so hard that the pear just disappeared

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2022, 07:46:52 AM »
you should just pin a post to the top of all the brands and skaters that are cancelled please. it is getting too hard to keep track of  8) i am one of those guys who runs up to every guy with indys or santa cruz at my local and screams JASON JESSE IS A NAZI
ONTARIO CANADA

Not_Bruce

• Rep: -53
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2022, 07:50:25 AM »
So this has been a “hush hush” secret over the last few years. It’s the supposed reason that Dime severed ties with Tiago. Realistically, there are a few Canadian assholes that have had their fair share of abuse toward women too.

If we’re going to call out Jasson Jesse, GX 1000, Al Davis, Yonnie Cruz, Johan Stuckey, etc. then let’s keep it 100.

If you want to ban me, delete this thread or do whatever you have to do to silence this, then so be it. I’m not keeping my mouth shut over an alleged abuser anymore. Fuck that.

Expand Quote
Speaking of Canadians, spoke to my friend in Montreal who filled me on what happened with Tiago and Dime. Tiago allegedly sexually assaulted a girl in Montreal, who was friends with Una Farrar. Una then told Dime, Dime were having their own issues at the time, with Antoine being called out in the scene for sexual assault too. Dime severed ties with Tiago straight away, and the Anitoine incident has been swept under the carpet.
[close]

Tiago Lemos, Dime MTL, Primitive, New Balance, and everyone else that financially benefits from this. What do you have to say?

I heard this rumour before , it was supposed to have occurred during Dimes Glory Challenge but the more I found out about the "incident" the more I got mad. At a Dime event Tiagos homie I believe his name was Emmanuel was called the hard "N" in front of like 20 Dime homies( did nothing about it). Tiago said fuck it and called out the chick who dropped the hard "N". The same chick who dropped the hard "N" was the same person who claimed that Tiago took advantage of her. After word spread around MTL she got called out, posted an apologized to BIPOC people but only claimed she was "Raped" when her employer an Art Museum in Montreal found out she had been calling black people the "N" word with the hard ER and lost her job. This person IS no victim just a white girl who thinks its edgy to call black people the hard N.

This thread should focus on the actual issue at play - countless stories of Racism that black and asian skaters have faced at Dime and the MTL skate scenes troubled history when it comes to race. Toronto skate scene thankfully has way less of this racism crap.   

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2022, 07:59:28 AM »

So you're saying Dime is cutting ties with Thiago to back a woman who they know is racist and lying about the whole thing?

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2022, 08:03:06 AM »
Expand Quote
So this has been a “hush hush” secret over the last few years. It’s the supposed reason that Dime severed ties with Tiago. Realistically, there are a few Canadian assholes that have had their fair share of abuse toward women too.

If we’re going to call out Jasson Jesse, GX 1000, Al Davis, Yonnie Cruz, Johan Stuckey, etc. then let’s keep it 100.

If you want to ban me, delete this thread or do whatever you have to do to silence this, then so be it. I’m not keeping my mouth shut over an alleged abuser anymore. Fuck that.

Expand Quote
Speaking of Canadians, spoke to my friend in Montreal who filled me on what happened with Tiago and Dime. Tiago allegedly sexually assaulted a girl in Montreal, who was friends with Una Farrar. Una then told Dime, Dime were having their own issues at the time, with Antoine being called out in the scene for sexual assault too. Dime severed ties with Tiago straight away, and the Anitoine incident has been swept under the carpet.
[close]

Tiago Lemos, Dime MTL, Primitive, New Balance, and everyone else that financially benefits from this. What do you have to say?
[close]

I heard this rumour before , it was supposed to have occurred during Dimes Glory Challenge but the more I found out about the "incident" the more I got mad. At a Dime event Tiagos homie I believe his name was Emmanuel was called the hard "N" in front of like 20 Dime homies( did nothing about it). Tiago said fuck it and called out the chick who dropped the hard "N". The same chick who dropped the hard "N" was the same person who claimed that Tiago took advantage of her. After word spread around MTL she got called out, posted an apologized to BIPOC people but only claimed she was "Raped" when her employer an Art Museum in Montreal found out she had been calling black people the "N" word with the hard ER and lost her job. This person IS no victim just a white girl who thinks its edgy to call black people the hard N.

This thread should focus on the actual issue at play - countless stories of Racism that black and asian skaters have faced at Dime and the MTL skate scenes troubled history when it comes to race. Toronto skate scene thankfully has way less of this racism crap.

The best you could come up with? Another ploy to turn the thread to racism?

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2022, 08:04:47 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Wow interesting

You see it's funny how this shit works.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2022, 08:07:34 AM »

So you're saying Dime is cutting ties with Thiago to back a woman who they know is racist and lying about the whole thing?

Maybe he cut ties with them

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2022, 08:10:02 AM »
NB says "Trust Tiago" so that's what Imma do

Ride it to dust

• Rep: 54
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2022, 08:12:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Fuck sakes, this shit ties my head in knots

Ankle_Lift

• Rep: 77
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2022, 08:13:35 AM »
I think we're going to have to get both Tiago, and the unidentified woman both on The Nine Club at seperate times, so Chris Roberts can do on of his  industry wide known and respected hard hitting and in depth interviews on both of them.

Then, and only then, will I be able to make my decision on what the deal is with this situation.

Ride it to dust

« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2022, 08:16:43 AM »
I think we're going to have to get both Tiago, and the unidentified woman both on The Nine Club at seperate times, so Chris Roberts can do on of his  industry wide known and respected hard hitting interviews on both of them.

Then, and only then, will I be able to make my decision on what the deal is with this situation.

Thats a great call!

thebacker

« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2022, 08:17:17 AM »
I think we're going to have to get both Tiago, and the unidentified woman both on The Nine Club at seperate times, so Chris Roberts can do on of his  industry wide known and respected hard hitting and in depth interviews on both of them.

actually no, you will need a gifted hater analysis of the nine club deep dive.

THEN you can form your opinion

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2022, 08:17:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Unbelievable isn't it. They desperately want it to be true even when given so far the only credible explanation and eye witness account there is

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 264
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2022, 08:18:25 AM »
i dont know if @Swithflip posts anymore, but if he doesn't, i'll cosplay as him so we don't miss out on his contribution

slap wack. xenophobic towards brasil, you make fun. you say we only have etnies marnara, and bad spots. you worship dad like silas and andrew allen. he look like air condientionar repair man. suck fa and gino ball. you take down good man like tiago. cancel pigs

Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

Ride it to dust

« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2022, 08:22:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Unbelievable isn't it. They desperately want it to be true even when given so far the only credible explanation and eye witness account there is

I find it truly mind-boggling

Not_Bruce

• Rep: -53
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2022, 08:25:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Holy Crap I had no clue Tucker Carlson skated and was on SLAP. Thank you so much for making racism and bigotry fashionable again.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 08:33:43 AM by Not_Bruce »

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2022, 08:34:15 AM »
Holy Crap I had no clue Tucker Carlson skated and was on SLAP. Thank you so much for making racism and bigotry cool again. Do you guys have flat bars at Fox News or more the mini ramp type ?

Bruh you're asking people to thoughtlessly and completely buy in to...*checks notes*...a rumor you heard.
Sorry if I'm not out screaming from the rooftops to cancel Dime because a random, anonymous dude on the internet heard a rumor this one time.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2022, 08:34:25 AM »

If she’s their friend and Tiago is just one of the many pros that show up for contests then that’s not implausible. It makes just as much sense as the skate division of New Balance paying hush money to protect the sales of some ugly ass sneakers.

Edit: how ridiculous his side of the story sounds to you plays into my point though, all this shit is just internet rumors until someone close to the situation says something, or there’s tangible evidence (like 1010 being racist in that magazine)

cky enthusiast

« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2022, 08:35:16 AM »
bruce is right, white women are out of control and must be stopped

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2022, 08:35:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Holy Crap I had no clue Tucker Carlson skated and was on SLAP. Thank you so much for making racism and bigotry cool again. Do you guys have flat bars at Fox News or more the mini ramp type ?
[close]

Bruh you're asking people to thoughtlessly and completely buy in to...*checks notes*...a rumor you heard.
Sorry if I'm not out screaming from the rooftops to cancel Dime because a random, anonymous dude on the internet heard a rumor this one time.
Tucker Gnarlson

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2022, 08:37:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That's what you are doing no?

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2022, 08:41:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That's what you are doing no?

What the fuck are you talking about?
Show me where I've accused Thiago of abuse, accused the victim of lying, accused Dime of anything, or taken any side period. I'm saying shut the fuck up until some reliable info comes out.

Balzac

• Rep: -45
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2022, 08:42:26 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Thats why Tiago only reposts (or still fuck with) Will Marshal from the whole team.

donkey

• Rep: -65
  • donk
« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2022, 08:42:34 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Bruh Whatttt hahahah holy shit we are only two pages in and this took the race turn.

Any1 have any more info on this? I would love to see some actual proof that this happened

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2022, 08:42:41 AM »

no, that isnt what he said. we dont know why dime cut ties with tiago. there could be thousands of reasons. as someone else said, if Dime is going to cut someone for sexual assault, nut up and call them out, dont just sweep it under the rug. so since that also hasnt happened, we really just dont know. sounds like its 1-1 he said she said to me right now. maybe an assault happeend first and tht was what drove her to racism at the event etc? who really fucking knows but hey lets just grasp at straws and speculate, that is what message board is for right  8)
ONTARIO CANADA