Author Topic: Tiago Lemos is an abuser and the industry loves him for it  (Read 45445 times)

PatrickSkateman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Tiago Lemos is an abuser and the industry loves him for it
« Reply #270 on: August 05, 2022, 04:48:07 PM »
Unpopular Opinion: The cat killing part of “Kafka on the Shore” was slightly more fucked.

Not as bad as the scene in the movie Fresh where the kid hangs his pitbull by its leash and shoots it as it struggles.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
« Reply #271 on: August 05, 2022, 04:53:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Unpopular Opinion: The cat killing part of “Kafka on the Shore” was slightly more fucked.
[close]

But such a great book.
I'll read anything by Murakami.
I'd read his fucking grocery list if I could get my hands on it.

For real even his book on his vintage t shirt collection was great. One of my favorite authors.

WavyDavy

• Rep: 129
« Reply #272 on: August 05, 2022, 05:02:17 PM »
I saw a documentary thing on Netflix. Don’t F*ck with cats or something. It was pretty awful. I think the dude started with cats and eventually got crazy on people.

Canadian too which really confused me. I saw skate spots tho in the background of certain clips.  Hubba and a few other things

Luca magnotta murdered in Montreal, so i guess theres a dime connection somehow

Sizzla

• Rep: 223
  • I luv I jah
« Reply #273 on: August 05, 2022, 08:46:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Sizzla seh disya tread bumboclaat. Wen Selassie I spek, him nah spek English.
[close]

him speak the language called amharic!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rlJRECxDrCg

When it come to language, jah jah know 56
I an I haff nah white god

cky enthusiast

« Reply #274 on: August 05, 2022, 08:58:04 PM »
selassie cut an apple inna 13 piece

JRF

• Rep: 145
« Reply #275 on: August 06, 2022, 12:25:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not as bad as the scene in the movie Fresh where the kid hangs his pitbull by its leash and shoots it as it struggles.

That part is hard to watch, but I love that movie!!! especially samuel Jackson’s character.. “put the game on speed, put the clock on them and I’ll chew they ass up!”
//////////

niketiburon

• Rep: 5
« Reply #276 on: August 06, 2022, 05:16:45 PM »
Expand Quote
I am 100% sure the whole industry lurks here
[close]

It does and this place is full of shills who only pop up or create alt accounts to try and moderate any situation that doesn't align with their personal agenda by posting pseudo casual comments to try and influence or dilute the discussions. They think they're subtle too but it's always ridiculously obvious to anyone who isn't just a passive consumer and can read between the lines or recognize who's who. I've gotten death threats on the phone for even just bringing up 100% factual events on here, that's the dark side of SLAP ran by those who can't understand their own failure to align with their desired demographic. Give me Post You Skating or give me death.

rukes

• Rep: 211
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #277 on: August 06, 2022, 05:24:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

It does and this place is full of shills who only pop up or create alt accounts to try and moderate any situation that doesn't align with their personal agenda by posting pseudo casual comments to try and influence or dilute the discussions. They think they're subtle too but it's always ridiculously obvious to anyone who isn't just a passive consumer and can read between the lines or recognize who's who. I've gotten death threats on the phone for even just bringing up 100% factual events on here, that's the dark side of SLAP ran by those who can't understand their own failure to align with their desired demographic. Give me Post You Skating or give me death.
[close]

So.....how bout that local sports team?
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #278 on: August 06, 2022, 07:50:10 PM »
What did he do?

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #279 on: August 06, 2022, 08:27:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Perhaps, but in this case, there was not much of a discussion to dilute. One guy heard from another guy that a third guy did a bad thing to a girl. A fourth guy heard the girl said some bad words that got her in trouble, so she said that the third guy did the bad thing to get the heat off her. Since then, no substantial evidence has been added one way or the other. So you’ll have to forgive me for shilling on about the provinces while we wait for more hearsay and speculation.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

ThisFuckingDude

• Rep: -11
« Reply #280 on: August 06, 2022, 09:36:47 PM »
I know it’s tough for victims to come forward. But at the moment I’m gonna have to take it as hearsay until someone comes forward to call him out. Or any other solid proof. I can’t put something wild like that on someone from what someone said on here. I love Tiago’s skating but if this is true I won’t be able to watch him. At the moment I’m still gonna watch his skating even though no one really gives a fuck about my opinion. Good night drunk mad out.

bobforapples

• Rep: -55
« Reply #281 on: August 06, 2022, 10:48:50 PM »
His skating is super boring

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #282 on: August 07, 2022, 01:21:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That part is hard to watch, but I love that movie!!! especially samuel Jackson’s character.. “put the game on speed, put the clock on them and I’ll chew they ass up!”

"Fresh" is an amazing movie.

And in that scene, a 12 year old boy thought he was doing the right, merciful thing (putting the dog out of its misery as he felt whatever life it had left ahead of it as pawn in dogfighting rings was a cruel existence). Hard to watch scene and hard to know if he made the right decision.

But, yeah, "Fresh" is criminally underrated.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

StillTryin

• Rep: 41
« Reply #283 on: August 07, 2022, 03:35:03 PM »
Everybody used to make fun of Newfoundlanders, AKA Newfies, which is weird because Newfoundland is dope and the people there are awesome and hilarious. Prince Edward Island is also excellent, and New Brunswick is seriously underrated. Quebec might be the funniest province, though. Last time I drove into Quebec City I saw this sign:

Which reads “welcome to Quebec, the national capital.” (The national capital is Ottawa.)

The reason for that sign is because in 2006 conservative government signed a paper that recognized Quebec as a french speaking nation within Canada, thus "national" capital.

It's a little silly for sure but it was appreciated and ultimately a form of respect.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #284 on: August 07, 2022, 04:25:04 PM »
get that ass banned
ONTARIO CANADA

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #285 on: August 07, 2022, 04:36:36 PM »
Quebec always reminds me of the Quebecois IRA mentioned (?)in the section of Infinite Jest I got through

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #286 on: August 07, 2022, 08:59:33 PM »
“one side is saying dime cut ties with him because he sexually assaulted one of una farrar’s friends, the other is saying tiago cut ties with dime because una farrar and some other skaters were being racist towards his friend calling him the n word and stuff”

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #287 on: August 07, 2022, 09:03:23 PM »
Quebec always reminds me of the Quebecois IRA mentioned (?)in the section of Infinite Jest I got through

I haven’t read infinite jest, I’m assuming that’s a reference to the FLQ.

As far as Quebec is concerned, I won’t go visit Quebec City because I’ve heard of the xenophobia and racism. But Montréal is chill for sure.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #288 on: August 07, 2022, 09:18:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

As far as Quebec is concerned, I won’t go visit Quebec City because I’ve heard of the xenophobia and racism. But Montréal is chill for sure.

Sounds right.  It’s been many years since I made an attempt at it   

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #289 on: August 07, 2022, 10:47:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah, pretty much like how Vancouver and San Francisco are okay but you wouldn't want to go to Victoria or Sacramento for ethical reasons.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #290 on: August 07, 2022, 10:56:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah, pretty much like how Vancouver and San Francisco are okay but you wouldn't want to go to Victoria or Sacramento for ethical reasons.
Hey, no offense to Quebeckers. I’d be glad to hear that things have changed over there, but I’ve heard firsthand accounts, seen news stories, etc. 

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
« Reply #291 on: August 07, 2022, 11:38:14 PM »
If anyone is just tuning in, people from Montreal still use the N word like kids living in US suburbs still do, if not use to 12-15 years ago, and OP did unforgivable shit to cats when he was a teenager.

My assumption is OP is triggered by theirown abuse against cats daily, and had to project the abuse towards a made up story about Tiago.  Kidding…but might be true
The chillest1

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #292 on: August 07, 2022, 11:59:02 PM »
I'm not sure how this is all gonna shake out, but today I had the option of buying a Tiago Lemos deck and a Miles Silva deck and I went with the latter.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #293 on: August 08, 2022, 12:01:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Hey, no offense to Quebeckers. I’d be glad to hear that things have changed over there, but I’ve heard firsthand accounts, seen news stories, etc.

Fair enough. Well, I live here and find most people to be only your standard, deeply institutionalized-level of racist xenophobe like you'd find anywhere. 

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #294 on: August 08, 2022, 06:25:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Everybody used to make fun of Newfoundlanders, AKA Newfies, which is weird because Newfoundland is dope and the people there are awesome and hilarious. Prince Edward Island is also excellent, and New Brunswick is seriously underrated. Quebec might be the funniest province, though. Last time I drove into Quebec City I saw this sign:

Which reads “welcome to Quebec, the national capital.” (The national capital is Ottawa.)
[close]

The reason for that sign is because in 2006 conservative government signed a paper that recognized Quebec as a french speaking nation within Canada, thus "national" capital.

It's a little silly for sure but it was appreciated and ultimately a form of respect.

That makes sense. I assumed it was either that nation has slightly different meaning in French or it was just a hilarious jab. I think the international comedy festival and all the funny people I’ve met from Quebec primed me to interpret it as comedy. I quite like Quebec, and I’ve since forgiven them for their influence that forced me to learn math in French. Fun story, my friend Jon from Quebec was visiting Paris. He asked a girl for directions in French (obvs with a Quebecois accent) and she responded in broken English. He replied something like “non, je peux te comprendre, je suis Français.”
She replied “tu n’est pas Français, tu est Canadien.”
To which Jon loudly proclaimed “mais non! J’suis pas Canadien, JE SUIS QUÉBECOIS!” and left her dumbfounded.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #295 on: August 08, 2022, 06:30:46 AM »
can we just let this thread die now since it’s 11 pages long at this point & has transitioned into people talking about abusing cats and the best canadian provinces?

(not saying to let the topic go or write it off but, it’s not being discussed at this point and isn’t developing at all with the conversation). or i can post more tacos.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #296 on: August 08, 2022, 06:32:57 AM »
Ugh, yeah, sorry.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2592
« Reply #297 on: August 08, 2022, 07:47:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

That makes sense. I assumed it was either that nation has slightly different meaning in French or it was just a hilarious jab. I think the international comedy festival and all the funny people I’ve met from Quebec primed me to interpret it as comedy. I quite like Quebec, and I’ve since forgiven them for their influence that forced me to learn math in French. Fun story, my friend Jon from Quebec was visiting Paris. He asked a girl for directions in French (obvs with a Quebecois accent) and she responded in broken English. He replied something like “non, je peux te comprendre, je suis Français.”
She replied “tu n’est pas Français, tu est Canadien.”
To which Jon loudly proclaimed “mais non! J’suis pas Canadien, JE SUIS QUÉBECOIS!” and left her dumbfounded.

Hahaha
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #298 on: August 08, 2022, 08:41:43 AM »
I'm not sure how this is all gonna shake out, but today I had the option of buying a Tiago Lemos deck and a Miles Silva deck and I went with the latter.

Mr Lawndale, I took you for more of a Sci Fi, Quasi, Pass-Port etc type of guy. Good brands to match your good heart.

Shocked you wouldn't leave Primitive on the wall

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #299 on: August 08, 2022, 08:51:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Mr Lawndale, I took you for more of a Sci Fi, Quasi, Pass-Port etc type of guy. Good brands to match your good heart.

Shocked you wouldn't leave Primitive on the wall

always thought ed would fit well on krooked