Author Topic: Tiago Lemos is an abuser and the industry loves him for it  (Read 45649 times)

rawbertson.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 673
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Tiago Lemos is an abuser and the industry loves him for it
« Reply #300 on: August 08, 2022, 11:15:27 AM »
Expand Quote
I'm not sure how this is all gonna shake out, but today I had the option of buying a Tiago Lemos deck and a Miles Silva deck and I went with the latter.
[close]

Mr Lawndale, I took you for more of a Sci Fi, Quasi, Pass-Port etc type of guy. Good brands to match your good heart.

Shocked you wouldn't leave Primitive on the wall

they are all made in the same factory you know  8)

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2190
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #301 on: August 08, 2022, 01:41:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm not sure how this is all gonna shake out, but today I had the option of buying a Tiago Lemos deck and a Miles Silva deck and I went with the latter.
[close]

Mr Lawndale, I took you for more of a Sci Fi, Quasi, Pass-Port etc type of guy. Good brands to match your good heart.

Shocked you wouldn't leave Primitive on the wall
[close]

always thought ed would fit well on krooked
Krooked x Ed Lawndale “Gest Model” inbound with the spring/summer ‘23 drop. 👀

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

skippersoldballs

• Rep: 72
« Reply #302 on: August 08, 2022, 02:32:39 PM »
Anyone know any remote communities out east that have good park/scene? Have some cool ones out here in BC, but I'm making a bucket list for the next time I go cross country

Trilogy

• Rep: -257
« Reply #303 on: August 09, 2022, 01:59:16 AM »
Tiago is an abuser indeed, he severely abuses those street spots all over the World like a Man!

Fuck people spreading these stupid toxic rumors and the ones paying attention to it.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 03:09:07 AM by Trilogy »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #304 on: August 09, 2022, 03:12:01 AM »
Tiago is an abuser indeed, he severely abuses those street spots all over the World like a Man!

Fuck people spreading these stupid ass rumors and the ones paying attention to it.
I mean I'm not going to get all Judge Judy on him quite yet, but people were straight up using Jason Jesse's frontside Ollies as some sort of magical card to somehow justify all the terrible shit he did; good skating does not atomically exempt someone from being a terrible person! (*waves @ KA*)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
« Reply #305 on: August 09, 2022, 03:17:45 AM »
Fuck people spreading these stupid toxic rumors and the ones paying attention to it.

?

Trilogy

• Rep: -257
« Reply #306 on: August 09, 2022, 03:55:20 AM »
Expand Quote

Fuck people spreading these stupid ass rumors and the ones paying attention to it.
[close]
I mean I'm not going to get all Judge Judy on him quite yet, but people were straight up using Jason Jesse's frontside Ollies as some sort of magical card to somehow justify all the terrible shit he did; good skating does not atomically exempt someone from being a terrible person! (*waves @ KA*)

People on this board are too damn judgemental...

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 673
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
« Reply #307 on: August 09, 2022, 04:25:22 AM »
Anyone know any remote communities out east that have good park/scene? Have some cool ones out here in BC, but I'm making a bucket list for the next time I go cross country

There is a very good skatepark in Huntsville, Ontario. its ~200km north of Toronto. It is a very nice place to visit in the summer time for sure but there are a lot of bugs and it gets extremely hot. there is a decent amount of shade because its in a forest though. It was really nice going there early in the morning. 

https://www.sessionatlas.com/huntsville

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
« Reply #308 on: August 09, 2022, 08:53:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

People on this board are too damn judgemental...

I'm legitimately confused by your (apparent) logic, not trying to put words in your mouth either but so does that mean people should just mindlessly consume all the marketing and completely disregard the reality of who their money feeds as far as ethics are concerned? Would you rather know as exactly as possible who and what you are directly supporting, or always be lied to and have your intelligence and finances insulted in an era where the difference between someone's public image and their reality is especially transparent (contrary to back when companies via the mags still had way more of a monopoly on politics and cultivated pensée unique by manipulating history)? Is it not a problem to have criminals marketed as role models to every twelve-year-old out there who takes up skating every day as long as they can do some tricks down stairs?

What the industry really hates about this place is how it's a reflection of their own inability to get with the times. More public interrogation in general makes sense in an era where there is more information surfacing, but responsible consumption was always a thing and a positive trait in people. The industry needs the approval of the average skateboarder to keep thriving, not the other way around and personally I'm a bit tired to see said average skateboarder being by default considered an absolute fool, most of the time by people who also claim to skate and so should know and respect the culture a bit better than how they do sometimes if they're really trying to drive it. It's 2022, most events now basically happen in plain sight for the whole world to see, and even past that point everyone in the world communicates, and so in general it's maybe a bit late (not to mention straight up destructive marketing-wise) and delusional to still try and sweep dirt under the rug - at this point that's just akin to crapping your pants in public on purpose.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 976
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #309 on: August 09, 2022, 09:08:19 AM »
INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY is a phrase far overlooked when it comes to Slap Pals

(Trigger warning I’m about to say some foul shit in this shit post I’m hella angry today because I cut my achilles in my busted ass 5 months old chukka)

((I deleted it all because it was just so fucking far from what I wanna broadcast to skateboarding.))

Sole tech needs to get it together. Get NB out the game and absorb the riders.

I feel like we all should be running sole tech.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

potpie

• Rep: 30
« Reply #310 on: August 09, 2022, 12:13:17 PM »

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1301
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #311 on: August 09, 2022, 12:22:11 PM »
Sell you a little ladder
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Balzac

• Rep: -45
« Reply #312 on: August 10, 2022, 06:11:01 AM »
WTF is wrong with this place, man?!!!

11 PAGES with no proofs or clues and this topic still hits. 3 PAGES naming dill and AVE and topic got blocked.

Moderators: yall are real dumb assholes ...

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
« Reply #313 on: August 10, 2022, 06:40:59 AM »

11 PAGES with no proofs or clues and this topic still hits. 3 PAGES naming dill and AVE and topic got blocked.

I like potatoes. All kinds of potatoes.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

warmonke

• Rep: 43
« Reply #314 on: August 10, 2022, 06:57:52 AM »

Anyone know why that thread got locked?

Merman

• Rep: -40
« Reply #315 on: August 10, 2022, 07:25:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Holy Crap I had no clue Tucker Carlson skated and was on SLAP. Thank you so much for making racism and bigotry cool again. Do you guys have flat bars at Fox News or more the mini ramp type ?
[close]

Bruh you're asking people to thoughtlessly and completely buy in to...*checks notes*...a rumor you heard.
Sorry if I'm not out screaming from the rooftops to cancel Dime because a random, anonymous dude on the internet heard a rumor this one time.
[close]

Theses issues with the Dime dudes and racism is not a new story , people don't want to talk about it but it has been going on  in the MTL skate scene for a while. The way Dime treated Wade Fyfe and Gailea Momolu , both great skaters and just nice people made me never fuck with that crew. I don't want to tell another persons story , but there is a reason lots of Vancouver skaters don't fuck with that DIME on the west coast or as Tucker Carlson would say Left Coast lol.

Gailea Momolu is not a member of the 'nice people' group. He's more than capable of being a complete dickhead to skaters for no reason whatsoever. If Momolu was treated poorly, there's a good chance he brought it on himself.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #316 on: August 10, 2022, 07:29:46 AM »
Don’t care if he’s a dick, Gailea Momolu dropped a part 20 years ago that still holds up today, lifetime pass on that mofo.

“Goody gumdrops”
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #317 on: August 10, 2022, 07:47:53 AM »
yea but maybe thats the attitude that got this thread started in the first place

Not_Bruce

• Rep: -53
« Reply #318 on: August 10, 2022, 08:03:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Quote from: Not_Bruce link=topic=123048.msg3838341#msg3838341
date=1659540353
Expand Quote
Holy Crap I had no clue Tucker Carlson skated and was on SLAP. Thank you so much for making racism and bigotry cool again. Do you guys have flat bars at Fox News or more the mini ramp type ?
[close]

Bruh you're asking people to thoughtlessly and completely buy in to...*checks notes*...a rumor you heard.
Sorry if I'm not out screaming from the rooftops to cancel Dime because a random, anonymous dude on the internet heard a rumor this one time.
[close]

Theses issues with the Dime dudes and racism is not a new story , people don't want to talk about it but it has been going on  in the MTL skate scene for a while. The way Dime treated Wade Fyfe and Gailea Momolu , both great skaters and just nice people made me never fuck with that crew. I don't want to tell another persons story , but there is a reason lots of Vancouver skaters don't fuck with that DIME on the west coast or as Tucker Carlson would say Left Coast lol.
[close]

Gailea Momolu is not a member of the 'nice people' group. He's more than capable of being a complete dickhead to skaters for no reason whatsoever. If Momolu was treated poorly, there's a good chance he brought it on himself.

You must be a Dime sycophant trying to diminish Gailea as a person , I know the dude and he has a heart of gold and a genuine humility to him. Pretty pathetic attempt by a Dime nut hugger to change the subject from the elephant in the room …. Dimes racism against Black skaters that gets pushed under the table. I am not buying it whatsoever, next you are going to tell me Wade Fyfe is also  a jerk who deserved to be mistreated.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #319 on: August 10, 2022, 08:52:54 AM »

Moderators: yall are real dumb assholesballsacks ...

nothing's been the since same

Merman

« Reply #320 on: August 10, 2022, 10:28:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
date=1659540353
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

You must be a Dime sycophant trying to diminish Gailea as a person , I know the dude and he has a heart of gold and a genuine humility to him. Pretty pathetic attempt by a Dime nut hugger to change the subject from the elephant in the room …. Dimes racism against Black skaters that gets pushed under the table. I am not buying it whatsoever, next you are going to tell me Wade Fyfe is also  a jerk who deserved to be mistreated.

Nah I just think he's a dickhead for the way he treated kids that came up to him at demos in Vancouver and California. Shuts down offers for autographs and leaves kids hanging who try to offer a high five or a fist bump. It's a slap in the face to the people that allowed him to be where he is in the first place. You've just been too busy gargling Gailea balls in your mouth to notice. Don't forget to use mouthwash after you're done, sweetie.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #321 on: August 10, 2022, 10:33:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
date=1659540353
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Nah I just think he's a dickhead for the way he treated kids that came up to him at demos in Vancouver and California. Shuts down offers for autographs and leaves kids hanging who try to offer a high five or a fist bump. It's a slap in the face to the people that allowed him to be where he is in the first place. You've just been too busy gargling Gailea balls in your mouth to notice. Don't forget to use mouthwash after you're done, sweetie.

any point you may have raised was immediately lost after those last two sentences
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1095
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #322 on: August 10, 2022, 10:41:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
date=1659540353
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Sorry that happened to you.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Not_Bruce

• Rep: -53
« Reply #323 on: August 10, 2022, 10:53:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
date=1659540353
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Pure unadulterated 100 Percent USDA certified slander
give your head a shake!

R3dBullRox420

« Reply #324 on: August 10, 2022, 11:22:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
date=1659540353
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Bruh do y'all really not know how to articulate a nuanced argument... or are y'all actually just that toxic/bored and need to stir the pot?

Not every touchy topic needs to be so dichotomous... so maybe don't paint the entire group as racist?

Dime was defs supporting Jamal Smith heavy before his Palace board.

(The following is another example for whatever nerd pretends that didn't suffice): How about featuring Skifalls in their recent ads? Yeah featuring local black artists in their ads and exposing them to wider audience totally screams 100% racist corporation.

Bunch of "ah ah ah, one bad apple spoils the whole bunch"-fallacy-believin mfs I swear

Rune Spliffberg

• Rep: 95
« Reply #325 on: August 10, 2022, 11:49:18 AM »
Why is this thread still not locked but legitimate concerns regarding the cool guys over at Hockey gets locked after 3 pages? Mods??

bobforapples

• Rep: -55
« Reply #326 on: August 10, 2022, 11:52:44 AM »
Dime was never cool

WavyDavy

• Rep: 129
« Reply #327 on: August 10, 2022, 12:08:07 PM »

Either a die hard fa/hockey stan (or some industry shill...) or some mod with questionable music taste had a power trip

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #328 on: August 10, 2022, 12:16:48 PM »
Why is this thread still not locked but legitimate concerns regarding the cool guys over at Hockey gets locked after 3 pages? Mods??

Not here to blindly support tiago but it is odd that the hockey thread is locked and this one lives on.

The hockey one was an opinion based off fact, this one is unconfirmed speculation. Plus there was good mayo banter at least
@mods how much is dill paying you?
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

Merman

« Reply #329 on: August 10, 2022, 12:27:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
date=1659540353
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Pure unadulterated 100 Percent USDA certified slander
give your head a shake!

Ain't slander if it's true.