Author Topic: Rainbow Rails  (Read 446 times)

truthislie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 54
Rainbow Rails
« on: August 04, 2022, 03:28:46 AM »
So a new transition park opened near my home and they have a rainbow rail out of a small quarter. It´s not one of those super small ones, I´d say about hip high, rectangular and the grind surface is pretty small.

I never skated anything like that and I am a bit scared but it looks like lots of fun. Do you have any tips on how to approach it? I dont really skated rails, but have skated polejams before (both round and rectangular) and was surprised how easy they were once I fully commited. Is it similar on rainbow rails?

Frank and Fred

Re: Rainbow Rails
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 09:15:14 AM »
My tip is this. Pretend it doesn't exist. Call it a 'planned ignore.' Whenever someone does something rad on it just shrug your shoulders or roll your eyes. Find the nearest QP and practice your tail blocks instead. Rainbow is a misnomer. Don't find out why. Sometimes, the best self-defense is to runaway quickly.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2022, 09:57:30 AM »
i can’t speak for transition ones but the street ones you just bust a lil wallie and then lean back on the exit so you don’t stick, can’t imagine it’d be too dif to ride out of a QP

truthislie

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2022, 10:31:16 AM »
My tip is this. Pretend it doesn't exist. Call it a 'planned ignore.' Whenever someone does something rad on it just shrug your shoulders or roll your eyes. Find the nearest QP and practice your tail blocks instead. Rainbow is a misnomer. Don't find out why. Sometimes, the best self-defense is to runaway quickly.

Haha The problem is this is already my strategy on all the other obstacles.

truthislie

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2022, 10:51:39 AM »
I did it today after chickening around for an hour. It’s almost the same as just riding over it but I m stoked to have done it at nearly 39 haha.