Author Topic: Powell dragon formula tested by nine club.  (Read 27175 times)

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
Re: Powell dragon formula tested by nine club.
« Reply #330 on: September 13, 2022, 09:08:26 PM »
Expand Quote
All these posts about them being sold out and shit made me just impulse buy them off of Parade World.
[close]

Let us know how you like em. I'm still running my preproduction jawns with the hub, but I'm considering grabbing a set if there are labor day sales. The 52mm shape looks like a Spitfire classic shape which works for me.

Finally skated them today. I was so anxious to see how they would ride. After the first few pushes I loved how smooth they were, very similar to key frames (which is the wheel I originally wanted to replace with these). The moment I threw a small bs powerslide and saw they slid pretty much like F4 99s I was blown away. I skated huge distances today, and it was so easy and required way less effort thanks to these wheels.

Now Ive only skated them for a day so cant really give a full review but I really cant believe how good these wheels are.

EDIT:
I was mainly looking for a wheel that can work as a cruiser/filmer wheel that can actually slide. I dont really feel like Ill be using these as a on my regular board that much but Im stoked that Ill actually be able to skate "normally" when Im on my filmer board.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 04:47:49 AM by gsosa »

OldieButFrenchie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
« Reply #331 on: September 14, 2022, 02:02:39 AM »
count me as another satisfied customer. I bought a set of 56 and I really liked them.
I wouldn't say they opened up new spots for me cause I always ride big wheels, 56 or 58.
But they do roll smoother and slide good. Did not notice any difference for tail or noseslides.
So I'll definitely buy another set when this one is done.
I tried them on street and in a park, they did well in both settings. But street is where they shine compared to other wheels.

IpathCats

« Reply #332 on: September 14, 2022, 03:44:58 AM »
Finally had a few sessions on the wider 54mm dragons. I'd say they work as advertised, but that's not to say they don't have drawbacks. Main drawback is the grip on rails/ledges, the other two are more subjective, the sound is quiet, and they feel slightly bouncy.

Overall I'd say they do what they are intended to do and I will certainly keep them around for crusty spots.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
« Reply #333 on: September 27, 2022, 01:19:24 PM »
Can only find these in 54m in Europe q
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
« Reply #334 on: September 27, 2022, 01:25:57 PM »

titus and freedomskateshop.at got them all

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #335 on: September 27, 2022, 04:10:26 PM »
Finally got some 56mm in stock online at some Canadian shops. Think I will treat myself to a set for my birthday. Crust crust everywhere but still nothing good to skate.

Goodcurbs

• Rep: -279
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #336 on: September 27, 2022, 05:08:04 PM »
Finally had a few sessions on the wider 54mm dragons. I'd say they work as advertised, but that's not to say they don't have drawbacks. Main drawback is the grip on rails/ledges, the other two are more subjective, the sound is quiet, and they feel slightly bouncy.

Overall I'd say they do what they are intended to do and I will certainly keep them around for crusty spots.
These wheels are so polarizing cause I have to say my Powell dragons slide way better on ledges and rails then formula 4s, so they must have sent out some fakes or you're not waxing or doing something wrong. On curbs these slide twice as good as formula 4s.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #337 on: September 27, 2022, 05:19:40 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
These wheels are so polarizing cause I have to say my Powell dragons slide way better on ledges and rails then formula 4s, so they must have sent out some fakes or you're not waxing or doing something wrong. On curbs these slide twice as good as formula 4s.

do you have a partner? like a girlfriend/boyfriend?

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #338 on: September 27, 2022, 06:02:39 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

cap

dannyprovolone

« Reply #339 on: September 27, 2022, 06:07:23 PM »
i want those pj ladd versache wheels

cky enthusiast

« Reply #340 on: September 27, 2022, 06:43:59 PM »

those look like a sonnenrad to me but i didn’t wanna make a thread. weird nazi rictas..

my english is bad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • no hablo english
« Reply #341 on: September 27, 2022, 09:52:52 PM »

I am drunk and this show in my feed ,btw i ride bones for life

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #342 on: September 28, 2022, 12:39:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

titus and freedomskateshop.at got them all

Amazing thank you

SHARPSHOOTER

• Rep: -276
  • Bret Hart
« Reply #343 on: September 28, 2022, 09:14:44 AM »
Hahahaha the SLAP ad banner wheels. They should have had a turban graphic that’d be so fire

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
« Reply #344 on: September 28, 2022, 12:55:19 PM »

I am drunk and this show in my feed ,btw i ride bones for life

The shocking truth is that they're soft but slide.

flabbergasted. Rip my youtube algorithm

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #345 on: November 10, 2022, 10:20:27 AM »
These things really are cool. They do everything they claim to do.

The problem is I don't like how my board feels when it hits the ground. I don't like the bouncy feeling. And for some tricks the just don't feel satisfying

None the less I will stick with them for a good while because girlfriend just bought them for me.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #346 on: November 11, 2022, 06:28:31 AM »
i got to try them finally i am pretty stoked on them. i like the way that f4 feels a bit better on a nice spot. i dont mind how dragons feel as an all around wheel, i have a setup i am going to put some on.

skunty

• Rep: 73
« Reply #347 on: November 11, 2022, 08:17:33 AM »
i got to try them finally i am pretty stoked on them. i like the way that f4 feels a bit better on a nice spot. i dont mind how dragons feel as an all around wheel, i have a setup i am going to put some on.

I rode dragons for a couple months until my 52 were like 47s. They wore out a decent bit faster than F4 99A. Worst part about the dragons is how quiet they are. Maybe its just absence makes the heart grow fonder, but I've been loving hearing my wheels bark again.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #348 on: November 11, 2022, 09:03:33 AM »
right. my friend was saying the same thing. they seem kinda "chalky" in that sense they just sorta melt away. but thats how you achieve this result that works like this. so it makes sense. yeah like i was getting by on the OJ 95a and it works i can still do everything, and dragons are definintely a huge improvement on that, but i just really like the way this f4 feels and really glad i got them. it is exactly what i want for most of my skating.