Author Topic: AVE and Dill promote music by fascist murderer and we all love them for it  (Read 17744 times)

PatrickSkateman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: AVE and Dill promote music by fascist murderer and we all love them for it
« Reply #180 on: August 12, 2022, 12:36:02 PM »
Don't knock it until you try it:

Peanut sauce (may be better known as satay sauce).

Easy to make at home:
Sauté garlic, ginger and chili flakes in olive oil
add 2/3 table spoons of peanut butter and a few cups of milk (soy or oat is fine)
stir on low fire, adding ketjap manis and soy sauce to taste
at the end, add sugar and lime juice to taste

Love that with pasta, chunks of grilled chicken breast, broccoli, and some Sriracha.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2201
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #181 on: August 12, 2022, 12:50:27 PM »
I saw dimmu at the docks in like 2009 open for glen danzig and the whole place chanted “fuck Danzig” and walked out before he came out. Poor Danzig. Always thought black metal was cringe though and all about angst.

I'm saying this as a huge fan of both black metal and Danzig: You think black metal is cringe and all about angst, but not Danzig?

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
« Reply #182 on: August 12, 2022, 01:05:30 PM »
Expand Quote
I saw dimmu at the docks in like 2009 open for glen danzig and the whole place chanted “fuck Danzig” and walked out before he came out. Poor Danzig. Always thought black metal was cringe though and all about angst.
[close]

I'm saying this as a huge fan of both black metal and Danzig: You think black metal is cringe and all about angst, but not Danzig?

I can’t wait til skateboarding unironically adopts Nu Metal.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

donkey

• Rep: -65
  • donk
« Reply #183 on: August 12, 2022, 01:07:08 PM »
This thread is full of shitty opinions about black metal and about sauce.

Objective correct opinion about black metal: It sucks

Objective correct opinion about sauce: the best sauce is ketchup

get fucked

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #184 on: August 12, 2022, 01:11:20 PM »
Don't knock it until you try it:

Peanut sauce (may be better known as satay sauce).

Easy to make at home:
Sauté garlic, ginger and chili flakes in olive oil
add 2/3 table spoons of peanut butter and a few cups of milk (soy or oat is fine)
stir on low fire, adding ketjap manis and soy sauce to taste
at the end, add sugar and lime juice to taste

Peanut sauce is my go-to for any stir fry

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1083
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #185 on: August 12, 2022, 01:17:57 PM »
This thread is full of shitty opinions about black metal and about sauce.

Objective correct opinion about black metal: It sucks

Objective correct opinion about sauce: the best sauce is ketchup

get fucked

Someone cancel this maniac

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #186 on: August 12, 2022, 01:36:48 PM »
Expand Quote
none of yall have a problem with the constant stream of morrisey tracks in skate videos for the past 20 years
[close]

Imagine how insufferable Morrissey would be if he went on the varg track.

It's 1989 and Morrissey is sitting in a cell for killing Johnny Marr for not being sad enough. Morrissey is writing letters to his weirdo fans who think that he's being persecuted for the crime of being a quirked up white boy with feelings
The Smiths were miles away better than one of Morrissey’s solo shit. I can see him killing Marr out of jealousy of his genius.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65249
  • Team -65K
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #187 on: August 12, 2022, 02:00:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
none of yall have a problem with the constant stream of morrisey tracks in skate videos for the past 20 years
[close]

Imagine how insufferable Morrissey would be if he went on the varg track.

It's 1989 and Morrissey is sitting in a cell for killing Johnny Marr for not being sad enough. Morrissey is writing letters to his weirdo fans who think that he's being persecuted for the crime of being a quirked up white boy with feelings
[close]
The Smiths were miles away better than one of Morrissey’s solo shit. I can see him killing Marr out of jealousy of his genius.

Saari, Sorry and Handsome devil - still love that part so much

Edit: Really Sorry of course.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #188 on: August 12, 2022, 02:02:27 PM »
Seven pages in and nobody said malt vinegar?
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Complements4U

• Rep: 397
« Reply #189 on: August 12, 2022, 02:09:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Who said I like Danzig? I’m a zero percent fan of Danzig. Of course they are exactly the same vibe that’s why they were touring together. But the misfits are not the same level of angst or genuine immorality as black metal. I would disagree on that. I walked out and never saw him perform. At the time I was in a band with a guy who would rock corpsepaint and introduced me to black metal and all about the lore, varg burning churches, mayhem band mates murdering band mates, gorgoroth and gaahl. He was a nice guy, and like the only person I knew who could scream. I was just a freshman in high school trying to expand my horizons. I gave it a chance for a little bit, went to some shows, but deep down yeah, thought it was kind of heavy on the anti religion angle, and the characters were always nefarious. Especially because when reading the lyrics and black metal lyrics are boring to me. Dimmu was cool because they incorporated live orchestra, which is objectively an awesome dynamic. Much prefer the story telling from bands like 3 inches of blood or Job for a cowboy (stylistically they were mind blowing and I had never heard a band with a sound like that, using techniques like that) same with CB Murdoc, and cannibal corpse. Cannibal corpse can be provocative with the artwork and lyrics, but deep down it’s just art. Watching interviews with people like Gaahl, I find it cringey, so much obsession with religion, and being immoral. It’s just my opinion, maybe it’s a shitty one. I never got super into the genre, I’m sure there’s a lot of good stuff I missed out on.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 02:42:52 PM by Complements4U »

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 264
« Reply #190 on: August 12, 2022, 06:22:42 PM »
Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #191 on: August 12, 2022, 07:11:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Who said I like Danzig? I’m a zero percent fan of Danzig. Of course they are exactly the same vibe that’s why they were touring together. But the misfits are not the same level of angst or genuine immorality as black metal. I would disagree on that. I walked out and never saw him perform. At the time I was in a band with a guy who would rock corpsepaint and introduced me to black metal and all about the lore, varg burning churches, mayhem band mates murdering band mates, gorgoroth and gaahl. He was a nice guy, and like the only person I knew who could scream. I was just a freshman in high school trying to expand my horizons. I gave it a chance for a little bit, went to some shows, but deep down yeah, thought it was kind of heavy on the anti religion angle, and the characters were always nefarious. Especially because when reading the lyrics and black metal lyrics are boring to me. Dimmu was cool because they incorporated live orchestra, which is objectively an awesome dynamic. Much prefer the story telling from bands like 3 inches of blood or Job for a cowboy (stylistically they were mind blowing and I had never heard a band with a sound like that, using techniques like that) same with CB Murdoc, and cannibal corpse. Cannibal corpse can be provocative with the artwork and lyrics, but deep down it’s just art. Watching interviews with people like Gaahl, I find it cringey, so much obsession with religion, and being immoral. It’s just my opinion, maybe it’s a shitty one. I never got super into the genre, I’m sure there’s a lot of good stuff I missed out on.

Jerry Only is a predator. I seen it with my eyes and we saved my poor drunk teen friend who doesn’t even remember everyone going back stage.

The Fits were shocked that teens and 20 something males made it back there. Probably was regular every day shit for those kooks.

I could instantly see why glen split.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

niketiburon

• Rep: 5

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -37
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #194 on: August 12, 2022, 08:40:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Didn’t expect a JFAC mention. Their lyrics are awesome and Genesis/Ruination are objectively perfect death metal albums. Even when they went all funky deathprog and added a 6 string bassist they were amazing. Sun Eater is still an album I go back to often.

But yeah Ghaal is a cringy dude. His Until The Light Takes Us interview was fucking hilarious.

“What provokes or inspires your lyrics and views?”

“Satan.”   

*Takes sip of wine*

Goodcurbs

• Rep: -279
« Reply #195 on: August 12, 2022, 11:43:47 PM »
Sistina by Danzig is a masterpiece.

Goodcurbs

• Rep: -279

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #197 on: August 13, 2022, 05:05:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I can’t wait til skateboarding unironically adopts Nu Metal.
remember Vincent Nava?

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

ineedthis

• Rep: -39
« Reply #198 on: August 13, 2022, 05:29:23 AM »
Danzig fucking rules. You can't deny he was not influential. Sistinas is a track is amazing too.

Complements4U

• Rep: 397
« Reply #199 on: August 13, 2022, 06:18:34 AM »
Never would deny his influence, or talent. Really like misfits, but not a fan at all of his solo stuff. I think at the time people wanted to hear misfits songs and he did not want to do em anymore. It may have been danzig with jerry only as well. I wasn’t echoing the sentiment of “fuck danzig” it was just a thing that happened that was amusing to me. I had no idea what I was doing, it was my first live black metal show and everyone was very angsty when dimmu borgir finished, and not down for Danzig.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #200 on: August 13, 2022, 06:40:11 AM »

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 264
« Reply #201 on: August 13, 2022, 11:31:08 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

cringe aside, the immortal's first record is sick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCKEznpQhbA

I am actually a fan of Immortal but that gif does make me laugh too. Like...
"Annnnnnd ...... action!"
Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

SmilingBoy

• Rep: 12
« Reply #202 on: August 13, 2022, 03:03:41 PM »
Danzig is so cool

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #203 on: August 13, 2022, 04:04:58 PM »
There’s a photo out there of Jamal Smith wearing a Korn (sorry for my inability to turn the K backwards) shirt.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

scary

• Rep: -7
« Reply #204 on: August 14, 2022, 01:04:37 AM »
The Vietnamese foreign exchange student in highschool put me on to Mae Ploy Sweet Chili Sauce. The first 1/8 of the bottle sucks dick and is too thick but its so good after that. My favorite sauce hands down, no debate.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #205 on: August 14, 2022, 02:19:28 AM »
There’s a photo out there of Jamal Smith wearing a Korn (sorry for my inability to turn the K backwards) shirt.
you mean KoЯn ?

InkkeACAB

• Rep: -8
« Reply #206 on: August 14, 2022, 02:33:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
you mean KoЯn ?

glenn danzig ? WACK

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #207 on: August 14, 2022, 10:20:54 AM »
https://youtu.be/Dg1jp3MuMOA

Best current BM/death metal band

Goodcurbs