Author Topic: tjerk oosting part  (Read 1460 times)

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
tjerk oosting part
« on: August 15, 2022, 06:09:55 AM »

douchenozzle

• Rep: 30
  • "I am the party"-DLR
Re: tjerk oosting part
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2022, 07:42:48 AM »
Yikes! there was some shit in there that surprised me

dilbert1

• Rep: 141
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2022, 10:23:53 AM »
That was excellent, the spots alone are entertaining. Looking forward to the full vid

Mario

• Rep: 1
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2022, 12:36:44 PM »
good stuff, some very creative tricks in there

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2022, 03:46:15 PM »
Yeah, well the Tjerk Store called… they’re running outta you!

033sb

• Rep: 13
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2022, 06:21:43 AM »
hey thanks! I filmed and edited this. nice to see it here. full video next week

peacepappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -96
  • tae-tae
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2022, 06:29:14 AM »
wajo kk dik
ohyeahohyeah

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2022, 01:57:48 PM »

Really nice video and no hate, but how did nobody care that he clearly touched on the ender manual? There are 2-3 frames fully touching. Always wondering how that stuff makes it to the final video, especially the last trick. And the slowmo starts exactly after the touch so there was a conscious decision.

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2022, 02:08:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Really nice video and no hate, but how did nobody care that he clearly touched on the ender manual? There are 2-3 frames fully touching. Always wondering how that stuff makes it to the final video, especially the last trick. And the slowmo starts exactly after the touch so there was a conscious decision.

The kickflip nosemanual through the loop also had an egregious touch. Good part otherwise!

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 764
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2022, 02:50:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

ender is a grind and tbh, I don't see it touching, it's close but he's in the clear

same for the nosewheelie duck although that's even harder to tell

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2022, 03:11:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

ender is a grind and tbh, I don't see it touching, it's close but he's in the clear

If you watch it frame by frame ( , and . keys on youtube), you see him touching so hard the wheel pinches on the ender.
And on the nosemanny he's riding on the ground with all wheels for 4 frames.

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2022, 03:23:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

If you watch it frame by frame ( , and . keys on youtube), you see him touching so hard the wheel pinches on the ender.

don't wanna tell you how to live your life, but if you have to watch it frame by frame to see it, it's not worth worrying about.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2022, 05:02:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

don't wanna tell you how to live your life, but if you have to watch it frame by frame to see it, it's not worth worrying about.

You don't have to, which is how I noticed it. But it's nice to check.
I don't like to be that guy either, but just accepting touching on manuals also feels very wrong. Especially in an edit that tries so hard to hide it by using slowmo right after touches.

033sb

• Rep: 13
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2022, 04:08:57 AM »
haha i didn't try to hide a touch by making a slow mo afterwards. Had more to do with editting it to the music. the kickflip nosemanny doesn't have a touch i'm 100% sure but now you guys said it about the ender it makes me doubt a little on that one haha. I thought it was clean. Maybe its the filming angle. There is no sound to be found in the clip of a touch and he himself didn't feel anything from a touch. But yeah frame by frame it kinda looks like it now that you mention

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2022, 04:16:41 AM »
haha i didn't try to hide a touch by making a slow mo afterwards. Had more to do with editting it to the music. the kickflip nosemanny doesn't have a touch i'm 100% sure but now you guys said it about the ender it makes me doubt a little on that one haha. I thought it was clean. Maybe its the filming angle. There is no sound to be found in the clip of a touch and he himself didn't feel anything from a touch. But yeah frame by frame it kinda looks like it now that you mention

Keeping it real. Thumbs up

JRF

• Rep: 145
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2022, 01:34:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Once you’ve tried a fakie manny or switch backside nosegrind to a flip trick out, you will feel that you have to dip the board down a lot to get a proper flick off the ledge/curb, it looks like a touch, it might be a quick touch but it really dosent feel like it because your feet are still torqued in the manual/nosegrind position
//////////

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65249
  • Team -65K
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2022, 01:55:33 PM »
Killer part, sick spot, thanks for posting.

I have never seen people complain here about manuals touching until Gifted Hater started talking about it and counting frames. He's obsessed by it.

Mallie

• Rep: 32
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2022, 01:58:27 PM »
I have never seen people complain here about manuals touching until Gifted Hater started talking about it and counting frames. He's obsessed by it.

Have you not been introduced to our lord and saviour, Weckingball?
Chi vive in baracca, chi suda il salario,
Chi ruba pensioni, chi ha scarsa memoria,
Chi ha crisi interiori, chi scava nei cuori,
Chi legge la mano, chi regna sovrano,
Chi suda, chi lotta, chi mangia una volta,
Chi gli manca la casa, chi vive da solo,
Chi trova scontato, chi come ha trovato...

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2022, 03:39:05 PM »
I really didn't expect people on slap of all places to defend touching on manuals.
If a little touch still counts, when exactly does it stop counting? What's in the olympic rule book?

JRF

• Rep: 145
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2022, 06:27:20 PM »
Killer part, sick spot, thanks for posting.

I would definitely critique a touch on a manual or a one truck grind trick in the middle, at the beginning and most of the time at the end of the ledge/manny pad.. but it’s just sort of different when you’re about to pop a flip trick or certain shove-it variations out of said trick, you have to dip your board down in some scenarios..
//////////

dilbert1

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2022, 07:48:10 PM »
I’m all for detail-oriented critique, fair to point out sketchiness for sure, but there’s also having a sense for appropriate weights and measures. Crew of homies/independently produced video vs. commercial/professional video would also seem a relevant factor in assessing the severity of violation, no? If you’re making money off your tapped manuals I think there’s much more room for hard criticism

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -197
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2022, 01:00:06 AM »
I’m all for detail-oriented critique, fair to point out sketchiness for sure, but there’s also having a sense for appropriate weights and measures. Crew of homies/independently produced video vs. commercial/professional video would also seem a relevant factor in assessing the severity of violation, no? If you’re making money off your tapped manuals I think there’s much more room for hard criticism

lol, is this Adam Smith's capitalist theory of manuals???

it doesn't matter if it's homies, pros, in a video, or just skating with friends... if it touches it's not a make, simple as that

dilbert1

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2022, 08:47:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

lol, is this Adam Smith's capitalist theory of manuals???

it doesn't matter if it's homies, pros, in a video, or just skating with friends... if it touches it's not a make, simple as that

I’m saying it not being a make isn’t as egregious, this is lesser of two evils theory

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2022, 08:54:42 AM »
damn skating seems easy as shit for this kid. what’s the correct pronunciation of his name? 

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 39
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2022, 10:12:17 AM »
He has another part in a vans vid. Saw it yesterday, great video, coming out soon enough i presume

damn skating seems easy as shit for this kid. what’s the correct pronunciation of his name?

chair with a K at the end like work. Chairk.

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2022, 10:37:30 AM »
He has another part in a vans vid. Saw it yesterday, great video, coming out soon enough i presume

Expand Quote
[close]

chair with a K at the end like work. Chairk.

good looks. i hate butchering peoples names.

non-playable character

• Rep: 8
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2022, 11:07:46 AM »
this was dope, can vouch for the part in the new vans video, tjerk is a machine. someone recently told me he’s sitting on over 30 minutes of footage

yeayeaman

• Rep: 6
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2022, 09:58:44 AM »

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2022, 11:23:25 AM »
Love the second song, I was listening to the soundtrack this morning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8svf61tcFJc

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 764
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2022, 06:30:01 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djcqr7SxIAw

just saw the full vid pop up, it was uploaded a while ago but never posted i think