Author Topic: Best Free Product You Ever Got  (Read 4542 times)

323-BALM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 46
Re: Best Free Product You Ever Got
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2022, 07:19:57 PM »
The Steely Dan album 'Ara' on vinyl

any major dude with half a heart will tell you, my friend…but I’m just going to shake my head and walk away.

This poast is heating up though, good stuff!
You've clearly never smelled a cauliflower fart.

keepthefunkalive

• Rep: 129
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2022, 07:28:49 PM »
one of those AOL free trial CDs

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 824
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2022, 07:35:43 PM »
I got DC flo for about a year, loved coming home to those boxes.
Also doing sales rep work ruled because you get paid to do a job plus free product, still sad that ended

AENYCv2

• Rep: 1
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2022, 07:42:51 PM »
Back in the mid-90s I was in Supreme and was randomly given a free belt by the shop manager at the time. That belt was solid for a long time.

too fakie

• Rep: 63
« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2022, 07:46:56 PM »
The first free thing I ever got in skating was a pair of the black and white Jerry Hsu Emericas. Still one of my favorite shoes of all time.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2022, 09:30:47 PM »
The first free thing I ever got in skating was a pair of the black and white Jerry Hsu Emericas. Still one of my favorite shoes of all time.

I had a bunch of those. Probably one of the reasons why my ankles are so fucked now. I’d buy any of em from 10-11.5 to make em work. Some of the colorways were so heinous looking back - Tiffany blue hsu’s a size too big? I thought I was the fucking shit till I rolled my ankle cause my feet were swimming in aqua blue suede.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1392
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2022, 09:49:05 PM »
Sunday night I drove over to the apartment complex dumpster where I don't live and go to get rid of stuff. Wedged on the side of the dumpster I found a 149 with OJ 54s and bones reds.

not product per say, but the dopest thing was never having to pay to skate the monster indoor park up the street from where I lived. I sucked but it was the best free skate stuff I ever got none the less.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Resident Jeff

• Rep: 20
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2022, 09:51:24 PM »
A few months ago I was in the local cleaning out whatever decent DVD’s they had. The owner (a long time friend) and I got chatting about the lack of hard copy releases so he went out back & grabbed a stack of the old shop copies and let me take whatever I desired. Some gold in there.

Many years ago at a demo in Redfern (no idea which one) Shane Azar gave me a pair of rad Electric sunnies in exchange for like 2 beers? Good lad!

Most recently a shirt from the Sour premiere at the aforementioned shop, was quietly stoked on that.
Reschs Refreshes

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2022, 09:58:39 PM »
4 boards in a box, after i asked nicely

RolledAnkles

• Rep: 11
« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2022, 10:05:10 PM »
Got some socks for letting the Stance rep use my seasons pass at a ski hill for a day. Also a Vans rep gave me a box when I was working at my local skateshop, which was super nice since I am in no way good enough to be getting free product.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2022, 12:19:33 AM »
The Steely Dan album 'Ara' on vinyl

It's Aja you turkey! I got that a used record store for 5 bucks a few years ago now I can't find it anymore.

When I was much younger on here, back in the day Sluggo sent me free tickets in the mail for the RDS FSU 2002 premiere... A mere 20 years ago. Not a product per se, but funny to remember. I never got to go to Vancouver to see it though lol... He may have even sent a copy of the VHS tape too because I had it for some reason but know I sure as hell did not buy it

Some dude on here who worked at TWS I think also mailed me a Black Label board cause I hooked him up with lots of classic old skate videos on the p2p filesharing program SoulSeek.

Good times haha
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 12:27:40 AM by Steely Daniel »

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2022, 02:10:12 AM »

Yeah that shoe fucking ruled, I had so many pairs in a row.
Years ago whoever was the distributor in Sydney for Emerica, etnies, altamont and some snowboard company used to do these warehouse sales about 10 minutes from my house, I remember going with the intention of getting as many pairs of Hsu’s as possible. The warehouse was usually full of parents doing early xmas shopping etc, not many actual skaters for some reason.. I remember asking one of the guys who I used to see at the local park if they had any pairs left, he took me into this side bit of the sale and gave me 3 fresh pairs.. The stoke was through the roof.

Funny side note, my mate that doesn’t skate came with me and got a pair of FA etnies (I think etnies?) I remember telling him that was the stupidest pair of shoes I’ve ever seen and that he was an idiot for buying them. Almost 10 years later he sold them and did pretty well haha

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2022, 02:18:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Years ago whoever was the distributor in Sydney for Emerica, etnies, altamont and some snowboard company used to do these warehouse sales about 10 minutes from my house, I remember going with the intention of getting as many pairs of Hsu’s as possible. The warehouse was usually full of parents doing early xmas shopping etc, not many actual skaters for some reason.. I remember asking one of the guys who I used to see at the local park if they had any pairs left, he took me into this side bit of the sale and gave me 3 fresh pairs.. The stoke was through the roof.

Funny side note, my mate that doesn’t skate came with me and got a pair of FA etnies (I think etnies?) I remember telling him that was the stupidest pair of shoes I’ve ever seen and that he was an idiot for buying them. Almost 10 years later he sold them and did pretty well haha
Was that boarders? I never made it out to one of those but went to several Krew/supra warehouse sales and a rvca one where heaps of stuff was had no price listed and you had to just haggle. Paul's warehouse used to have just pallets upon pallets of skate shoes and k remember driving around with friends to all different locations like dammit this one only has heath 3s go to another Paul's and it's all hsus but no boxes and heaps of pairs had no laces or insoles

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2022, 02:32:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Was that boarders? I never made it out to one of those but went to several Krew/supra warehouse sales and a rvca one where heaps of stuff was had no price listed and you had to just haggle. Paul's warehouse used to have just pallets upon pallets of skate shoes and k remember driving around with friends to all different locations like dammit this one only has heath 3s go to another Paul's and it's all hsus but no boxes and heaps of pairs had no laces or insoles

I remember the Krew ones as well..
Not sure if boarders ran it?

And yeah, the pauls warehouse was around the corner that had hidden gems for sure haha

xrossings

• Rep: 61
« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2022, 03:45:17 AM »
earlier this year casey foley hooked me up with a free set of satoris at the light years premiere

stupidfuckface

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2022, 05:37:54 AM »
In 2001 I me and my friend who owned the local shop that sold tons of I-Path were talking about how sick a two-tone Grasshopper would be so we scanned the catalog, photoshopped a two-tone Grasshopper from a suede one and an all white leather one, changed the tint to make a bunch of different colours and emailed it to I-Path direct.

They emailed back and said they were planning on making two-tone Hoppers for the next season but we opened them up to a bunch of colourway ideas they hadn't thought of and they were going to produce two of them. (Brown/White and Burgundy/White). When that season rolled around they sent us each a big old box with a bunch of shoes and hoodies and shit including the colours we designed. That was the second best free product I ever got.

First best was a hammer signed by Jim Greco obviously.

OMG I used to always think two tone cats would have been the move.
All you dye is this shit right here, then you got the blue and cream joints, any color you want..

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2022, 08:20:19 AM »
A signed neon green Darkstar Adam Dyet board….

I donated to my friend’s kid’s charity auction….I’m sure it fetched some big bucks…

I_Respect_Wood

• Rep: 10
    • HH avatar image
« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2022, 12:58:10 PM »
I got 3 pairs of Vox shoes from my homies skate Shop, they gonna put me on flow but Vox die

My first box of ambiguous

In a Osiris demo Caswell Berry give me a Medalla that is the local beer of Puerto Rico ,for me that was one of the greatest day pf my life

You made me remember back in 2019, a day after the SOTY was announced, I was outside this Cons event in Buenos Aires and Milton brought a bag of different cans of beers and gave me a Heineken tallboy, is not the local beer but I was happy because it wasn´t a Quilmes.
If I wasnt me, I never hang out with me...

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/new-york-supreme-ben-kadow-qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T">via GIPHY</a></p>

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2022, 01:02:28 PM »
I made my first thread on here asking how Thunders were compared to Indy's and someone from DLX sent me a pair of thunders and i never looked back since.

Free F4's from DLX when f4's first came out were sent to the local shop when I was living in China (things take time to get sent after they're released in the US)

Adelmo Jr gave me a deck he was changing out for a new one at a demo in like 2001

and back when Torey Pudwill was on almost, dvs/matix he used to sell me a lot of shit for really cheap and he'd also be down to trade weed. Like i'd give him a 7g and he'd trade easily $200 worth of gear but this was like in 2006

Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2022, 01:41:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2022, 03:12:49 PM »
I've said this before I think, but when I was in SF 2012 I got some team edition formula four samples when I visited dlxsf. The year before they released.

That's pretty cool.

FUBAR

• Rep: 236
« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2022, 03:33:52 PM »
A free set of hardware. My trucks have been attached my my deck ever since!

ticklefingers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • middleweight lurker
« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2022, 03:54:31 PM »
Walking through EMB as a young lad with my mom, @ORGANIKARL noticed I was wearing skate shoes, called me over, and give me a lightly used Expedition One Interlock deck. I eventually learned kickflips on that board, so that moment of kindness always stuck with me.

Related, months later while being dropping me off at the 2000 X-Games, my mom saw Karl and shouted out the car window to thank him, which 12 year old me thought was very embarrassing.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2022, 04:07:18 PM »
Walking through EMB as a young lad with my mom, @ORGANIKARL noticed I was wearing skate shoes, called me over, and give me a lightly used Expedition One Interlock deck. I eventually learned kickflips on that board, so that moment of kindness always stuck with me.

Related, months later while being dropping me off at the 2000 X-Games, my mom saw Karl and shouted out the car window to thank him, which 12 year old me thought was very embarrassing.

man i've heard sooo many Karl Watson stories around the globe like this hooking people up
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 659
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2022, 04:37:12 PM »
Brink actually let me do a walkthrough in company store at Sole Tech, once. That was awesome. I wore my Altamonte hoodie until it was basically nothing more than rags.

Best flow ever was when my ex went into Baitshop in Toronto to buy me a shirt for my birthday or something and after the owner found it was for me, he just gave it to her. That was super cool.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2022, 05:37:05 PM »
I went to this one shop in Seattle back in 2011 (I forget which one sorry). I picked up a Fourstar shirt and one of the Fourstar reps was there chatting with the shop owners. He saw me purchasing a fourstar product and gave me the hat off of his head, which was a Lakers colorway Fourstar logo hat. I dont think they ever retailed this colorway, but it was pretty awesome of him. I still have the hat today.

she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

cky enthusiast

« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2022, 07:36:45 AM »
supreme bro flow box from bike/graff connects

got a baker shirt after getting 4th at a contest at boomers (RIP) in 6th grade

SwitchNollieHeel

• Rep: -6
« Reply #87 on: September 01, 2022, 07:39:27 AM »
When the shop I worked at closed, the guys hooked me up with the vans neon light, and a shit load of dead stock emericas from 04-06

krookedjuice

• Rep: 30
« Reply #88 on: September 01, 2022, 08:34:08 AM »
Got a box from Tumyeto when I got my toy machine tattoo, couple shirts/stickers/videos/little shit.

that was cool.

indigenous_nudity

• Rep: 13
« Reply #89 on: September 01, 2022, 11:09:29 AM »
Mr. Zogg’s Sex Wax from a local shop.

Dr Zogg didn’t spend 6 years in medical school just
to be called “Mr.”