Author Topic: Beatrice Domond pro for FA very soon  (Read 273736 times)

Koja510

Re: Beatrice Domond pro for FA very soon
« Reply #240 on: August 26, 2022, 10:20:13 PM »
Slow 5050 front pops  :o

Seriously though, I’m sure being under the wing of FA and Vans will get her on the right track.  I can’t imagine many other women out there getting the nod from Dill and Ave right now.  Seems like a good team fit.  I’m cautiously optimistic but honestly she’s not my favorite.  Hopefully this is the support she needs to start ripping proper.

shouldn't

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #241 on: August 26, 2022, 11:21:10 PM »
it sounds like a lot of these comments are holding back from saying how they really feel. “good for her, i don’t like her but, happy for her! i’m optimistic of her progress. dill & ave see something in her so, she must have potential!” just be honest. her fake roll always are even worse than sean pablo’s, she is not enjoyable to watch skate at all. i don’t care either, you don’t have to say positive things about every female skateboarder just because they’re a woman. you don’t do it for all male skaters so why create an unlevel playing field.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #242 on: August 26, 2022, 11:25:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Say that to his face fucker
not online and see what happens
[close]

He might punch one of the three of me he says with those loony tunes drunk person eyes
[close]
This phrasing makes you seem more drunk than you are trying to make him seem. He traveled cross country to turn someone pro I think he is doing alright.

Yes inelegant and auto-corrected.   Just saying his eyes are cartoonishly faded looking.   And I’m not sure the ability to travel from CA of NY is an indication of anything.   This isn’t 1850.  He got on a plane that someone paid for

AdditionalSlip

• Rep: -27
« Reply #243 on: August 27, 2022, 12:29:48 AM »
I don't see how this is different from whatever makes a revive pro

Her friends like having her around so she gets a board is the nicest way of seeing this, except is that enough to go pro?  strobeck dill and Ave are most likely doing this for the image, "of course we support women, look at Beatrice". I'm sure they think she looks dope in the supreme getup.

And come off it guys, she's tall and clumsy and her skating hesitant af, which is 💯 percent fine, just maybe don't go on about the work and perseverance and just take it lightly?

I won't say it, but we all know about skaters who take things way more seriously than their skills require.

Diamond_Dallas_Pudge

• Rep: -46
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #244 on: August 27, 2022, 03:29:44 AM »
I would rather see Andy Schrock skate.

Can't wait to see how this plays out

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #245 on: August 27, 2022, 04:42:42 AM »
she will sell boards that is the criteria for becoming pro. its a lucrative business venture.
theres a lot of men who are pro with a lot less hard work + skill than jeff carlyle or sean greene and they are probably at the bottom end of the pro pay scale. its all about how memorable you are. how many other ladies are out there with the presence she has had in such hype videos? i think its dumb for her not to be pro. even her name is sick (is that her real last name?)
ONTARIO CANADA

Diamond_Dallas_Pudge

• Rep: -46
« Reply #246 on: August 27, 2022, 04:53:41 AM »
she will sell boards that is the criteria for becoming pro. its a lucrative business venture.
theres a lot of men who are pro with a lot less hard work + skill than jeff carlyle or sean greene and they are probably at the bottom end of the pro pay scale. its all about how memorable you are. how many other ladies are out there with the presence she has had in such hype videos? i think its dumb for her not to be pro. even her name is sick (is that her real last name?)

I'm pretty sure Marissa Del Santo was tuckkneeing 4 blocks over 10 years ago, and that wasnt good enough then.

But I'm sure this will make Jason Dill more money

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #247 on: August 27, 2022, 05:12:47 AM »
it sounds like a lot of these comments are holding back from saying how they really feel. “good for her, i don’t like her but, happy for her! i’m optimistic of her progress. dill & ave see something in her so, she must have potential!” just be honest. her fake roll always are even worse than sean pablo’s, she is not enjoyable to watch skate at all. i don’t care either, you don’t have to say positive things about every female skateboarder just because they’re a woman. you don’t do it for all male skaters so why create an unlevel playing field.

Would be a valid point if the status of having a name on a skateboard deck was something important.

BRINK

• Rep: -934
« Reply #248 on: August 27, 2022, 10:41:09 AM »
Beatrice Domond is deservedly pro and the racist, sexist, jealous, out-of-touch, misogynistic, uninformed, crybaby Slap maggots hate her and Dill for it.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #249 on: August 27, 2022, 11:18:22 AM »
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

grassblade

« Reply #250 on: August 27, 2022, 11:59:10 AM »

she’s whack

Johnny $witchblade

• Rep: -87
« Reply #251 on: August 27, 2022, 12:05:06 PM »
Beatrice Domond is deservedly pro and the racist, sexist, jealous, out-of-touch, misogynistic, uninformed, crybaby Slap maggots hate her and Dill for it.

Why Rob? Why does it have to be all that? People just don't like that she's no good. Not everyone loves the shallow influencer culture

Drawcula

• Rep: -3
« Reply #252 on: August 27, 2022, 12:12:27 PM »

Her stoke on skating in general and the injury zine was really sick... Makes a lot of sense for a legit company to sponsor a legit PERSON. Simply dope to work with her... It's a good thing.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #253 on: August 27, 2022, 01:38:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Her stoke on skating in general and the injury zine was really sick... Makes a lot of sense for a legit company to sponsor a legit PERSON. Simply dope to work with her... It's a good thing.

What does “her stoke on skating in general” mean?

Aren’t we all pretty stoked on skating, perhaps even moreso because it costs us money to maintain that stoke?

grassblade

« Reply #254 on: August 27, 2022, 01:54:15 PM »

wtf why are you bringing all this stuff into this

she’s just not good or pleasing to watch

Pablo Ilie

• Rep: 2
« Reply #255 on: August 27, 2022, 02:12:29 PM »

In 2022, you just need to have potential to sell boards with your name on them to be pro for 1st league brands.

HyperBeam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -58
« Reply #256 on: August 27, 2022, 02:47:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

He might punch one of the three of me he says with those loony tunes drunk person eyes
[close]
This phrasing makes you seem more drunk than you are trying to make him seem. He traveled cross country to turn someone pro I think he is doing alright.
[close]

Yes inelegant and auto-corrected.   Just saying his eyes are cartoonishly faded looking.   And I’m not sure the ability to travel from CA of NY is an indication of anything.   This isn’t 1850.  He got on a plane that someone paid for

KB in three piece suit and hat waiting on a train platform pulling out a pocket watch wondering why the 3:15 to Chicago is late and that he'll miss his connecting train to Cleveland, forcing him to stay at an inn, meaning that he won't be well rested for the FA party in New York

Royce Lopez

• Rep: 8
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #257 on: August 27, 2022, 03:10:00 PM »
Why are people stressing about this…I’m never buying this deck bc of the brand and dimensions.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #258 on: August 27, 2022, 04:13:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

KB in three piece suit and hat waiting on a train platform pulling out a pocket watch wondering why the 3:15 to Chicago is late and that he'll miss his connecting train to Cleveland, forcing him to stay at an inn, meaning that he won't be well rested for the FA party in New York

Hah there’s no skater I would like to see in a Prince and the Pauper style romp than KB

BRINK

« Reply #259 on: August 27, 2022, 04:50:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Why Rob? Why does it have to be all that? People just don't like that she's no good. Not everyone loves the shallow influencer culture

I dunno … ask the people who are upset? Because it is absolutely true in some cases? You can’t really be that naïve and optimistic … 

« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 04:57:40 PM by BRINK »

BRINK

« Reply #260 on: August 27, 2022, 04:50:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

She’s sick. Awesome person for sure.

BRINK

« Reply #261 on: August 27, 2022, 04:54:34 PM »
Beatrice Domond skates better than 90% of Slap posters and they hate her for it.

DirtyCheddarKids

• Rep: 40
« Reply #262 on: August 27, 2022, 04:59:45 PM »

I guess you really believe you are doing the right thing here by posting this and defending her honor, but this isn't doing anyone any favors.
Quote from: Uncle Flea
4 shoes is impressive AF. I could barely sell drugs.

BRINK

« Reply #263 on: August 27, 2022, 05:02:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I guess you really believe you are doing the right thing here by posting this and defending her honor, but this isn't doing anyone any favors.

No. I’m just doing my thing here … and waiting for people like you to line up and try to insult me … in the process contradicting yourselves like no tomorrow and forgetting the entire purpose of the thread … you know … the usual.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
« Reply #264 on: August 27, 2022, 05:05:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

No. I’m just doing my thing here … and waiting for people like you to line up and try to insult me … in the process contradicting yourselves like no tomorrow and forgetting the entire purpose of the thread … you know … the usual.

I love how you were obviously (for slap posters) the informant for the last Gifted Hater video about the Olympics.

BRINK

« Reply #265 on: August 27, 2022, 05:09:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I love how you were obviously (for slap posters) the informant for the last Gifted Hater video about the Olympics.

I was one of the people interviewed by him yea. Do you feel proud that you figured out something so obvious? Anyone doing a video like that should talk to the ex staff, no? I believe they call that “research” my friend. He did a good deal of work on his own too, which was impressive. Glad you love it and thanks for watching. Also please stay on topic … I’m clearly a genius but it literally took one post for someone (you) to go off track … it’s almost like I control you or something … fish in a barrel.

BRINK

« Reply #266 on: August 27, 2022, 05:17:36 PM »
Beatrice Domond half cab flips and kf manuals better than most of Slap and some of you hate her for it …

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Chx0_tJtA5W/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #267 on: August 27, 2022, 05:19:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I was one of the people interviewed by him yea. Do you feel proud that you figured out something so obvious? Anyone doing a video like that should talk to the ex staff, no? I believe they call that “research” my friend. He did a good deal of work on his own too, which was impressive. Glad you love it and thanks for watching. Also please stay on topic … I’m clearly a genius but it literally took one post for someone (you) to go off track … it’s almost like I control you or something … fish in a barrel.

Why must you twist everything into some sort of overarching bigotry witchhunt? All while simultaneously making any topic you walk into about yourself? You're a bad adult.

BRINK

« Reply #268 on: August 27, 2022, 05:20:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Why must you twist everything into some sort of overarching bigotry witchhunt? All while simultaneously making any topic you walk into about yourself? You're a bad adult.

I didn’t make it about me. I came in here discussing BD. The other dudes made it about me and brought up the gifted hater video. Why must you perpetuate it being about me? And because some of it is a witch hunt … that’s been one of the Slap’s forums characteristics for years. Please stop talking to me about me and get back to celebrating Beatrice being a well deserving pro. Thanks.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
« Reply #269 on: August 27, 2022, 05:24:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Whoa whoa whoa chill out man, that wasn't a dig at you at all