Author Topic: Polar Full Length - "SOUNDS LIKE YOU GUYS ARE CRUSHING IT"  (Read 46472 times)

internetname

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 14
Polar Full Length - "SOUNDS LIKE YOU GUYS ARE CRUSHING IT"
« on: August 17, 2022, 06:35:31 AM »
Euro premieres start September 1st in London

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1372
Re: Polar Full Length - "SOUNDS LIKE YOU GUYS ARE CRUSHING IT"
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2022, 06:40:03 AM »
Can’t wait for the next video, “I Think We’ll Be Doing Very Well As A Whole In The Near Future, But I Can Neither Confirm Nor Deny That”

Seriously though, should be good.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2022, 07:55:53 AM »
Didn’t Pontus go through a bout of depression midway through the editing process?! That’s some Fully Flared type shit! Can’t wait.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 09:44:14 AM by Lenny the Fatface »

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2022, 08:14:16 AM »
Love me a Polar vid.

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2022, 08:31:53 AM »
Love me a Polar vid.
This
And always love any boserio footage

zacho.mp3

• Rep: -9
  • i am mentally 12
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2022, 08:44:45 AM »
Really excited to go to the London premiere just hoping for more info like prices and times

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2022, 08:48:55 AM »
Yes please.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 792
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2022, 09:04:40 AM »
Yes. The last one is one of my favourites. Hopefully my local has a screening.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2022, 09:09:32 AM »
Hopefully some Dane Brady clips. I love driving by him and commentating on his career out the car window. I'm sure he does too.

fried

• Rep: 51
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2022, 09:36:20 AM »
Pontus claims this is his last video.

Should be wild

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 310
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2022, 10:43:34 AM »
can't wait to see some hjalte and ville footy

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2022, 11:13:29 AM »
My body is ready

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2022, 01:37:58 PM »
Ville Pro part will hopefully finally make him blow up. Amazing person and skater

shawngreg

• Rep: 63
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2022, 02:16:14 PM »
damn this is exciting

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2022, 05:20:46 PM »
stoked

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2022, 08:43:21 PM »
Didn’t Pontus go through a bout of depression midway through the editing process?! That’s some Fully Flared type shit! Can’t wait.

I think he's still going through if it you look at his Instagram stories. Dude spent years building a house in Portugal, gets broken up with,  moves to Paris, goes back to becoming a raging horny alcoholic posting bizarre stories. There was one where he was asking for a 'female' graphic designer, a story were he was simulating a sex act with a coffee press and would post weird selfies of him as if he was on Tinder with his age and what his interests are. It's as public of a breakdown as you can have.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2022, 09:42:57 PM »
Can't wait!!
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

ugly flacko

• Rep: 9
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2022, 11:32:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Love me a Polar vid.
[close]
This
And always love any boserio footage

++ ! The dude's skating just looks the best, scares you through the screen

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2022, 12:13:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think he's still going through if it you look at his Instagram stories. Dude spent years building a house in Portugal, gets broken up with,  moves to Paris, goes back to becoming a raging horny alcoholic posting bizarre stories. There was one where he was asking for a 'female' graphic designer, a story were he was simulating a sex act with a coffee press and would post weird selfies of him as if he was on Tinder with his age and what his interests are. It's as public of a breakdown as you can have.

fuck me... didn't hear about any of this. Hope he's surrounded by good people.

Tabletop

• Rep: -72
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2022, 01:02:22 AM »
This should be amazing!!

Shin please!

Looking forward 😎

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 27
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2022, 02:32:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

With this house I was confused to - he really invest a lot of time, money and passion in this project - after it was completed he broke up and left Porto. This shows some heavy difficulties.
Maybe related to a brake up with his girl friend, he was already there in some Ménage-à-trois kind of relationship.
Pontus was in the past open with dealing with his Bipolar disorder.
This can cause an increase in sexuality. Libido can increases enormously, especially in the periods just before mania sets in.

I am not a psychologist but I had a friend and her behavior in-between her manic and depressive phases was
really crazy. She only get in contact with me in her manic phases- and she was nice, lovely and fun to have her around.
But another friend she ask also for help in her depressive phases, and what she have done in-between was out of the box. She really was hurting her self with her sexual activities.
I am open and funloving myself, never judge people on there sexuality -  so not easy to get shocked - but I was fully understanding her depressive phase not leaving the house for 2 weeks after her ragging sexual offerings to everyone for everything.

Hopefully Pontus got the treatments and help he need and is in good company.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2022, 05:28:30 AM »
Poster for the video has a very Nicholas Ray vibe to it - another demented perfectionist who experimented with the video format in a similar way in his later years, now I can't help but draw the parallel. Wishing nothing but the best to Pontus and looking forward to this (actually all the more excited I didn't realize it was dropping so soon).

thebacker

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2022, 05:58:05 AM »
i cant wait to still call this the polar video

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 162
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2022, 06:04:21 AM »
Poster for the video has a very Nicholas Ray vibe to it - another demented perfectionist who experimented with the video format in a similar way in his later years, now I can't help but draw the parallel. Wishing nothing but the best to Pontus and looking forward to this (actually all the more excited I didn't realize it was dropping so soon).

Yeah nice pull, even the title font looks a bit like Ray’s “Bigger Than Life”

gri

• Rep: 18
  • papauueueppe
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2022, 07:14:29 AM »
i cant wait to still call this the bipolar video

:-X

shout out birds

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1168
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2022, 07:47:39 AM »
hjalte hjalte hjalte
hardly art, hardly starving

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2022, 08:26:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It’s lowkey annoying that he never posted the finished version of that Portugal house.

JRF

• Rep: 145
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2022, 10:51:48 AM »
 :'(
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

With this house I was confused to - he really invest a lot of time, money and passion in this project - after it was completed he broke up and left Porto. This shows some heavy difficulties.
Maybe related to a brake up with his girl friend, he was already there in some Ménage-à-trois kind of relationship.
Pontus was in the past open with dealing with his Bipolar disorder.
This can cause an increase in sexuality. Libido can increases enormously, especially in the periods just before mania sets in.

I am not a psychologist but I had a friend and her behavior in-between her manic and depressive phases was
really crazy. She only get in contact with me in her manic phases- and she was nice, lovely and fun to have her around.
But another friend she ask also for help in her depressive phases, and what she have done in-between was out of the box. She really was hurting her self with her sexual activities.
I am open and funloving myself, never judge people on there sexuality -  so not easy to get shocked - but I was fully understanding her depressive phase not leaving the house for 2 weeks after her ragging sexual offerings to everyone for everything.

Hopefully Pontus got the treatments and help he need and is in good company.

I’m not a psychologist either, but I’ve learned from my own experience that psychologists throw around the “bi-polar” disorder diagnosis lazily and way too often. Pontus had a really gnarly concussion back in the day, it was really fucking gnarly and maybe his wires got crossed. That’s pretty much what happened to me and cognitive therapy was the only thing that really helped. A bullshit, lazy bi-polar diagnosis and bi polar meds only made things ten times worse. But maybe that’s not the case with him and I’m just speculating. Either way, hope that dude gets the help he needs.
//////////

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2022, 11:03:28 AM »
Don’t think this is the place to discuss another person’s mental health without their participation. Even though Polar gets its name from there. Haven’t been this excited for a video in years! Heard some rumors about Roman Gonzales really going in for this one.

Tarquin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2022, 01:59:34 PM »
! Heard some rumors about Roman Gonzales really going in for this one.

Hope this is true, he has a very unique trick selection and I always want to see more more of him. There’s quite a few first “real” parts in that lineup that I’m looking forward to, Ville Wester and Jamie Platt haven’t really had proper parts before as far as I know so I’m hyped to see what they’ve been working on.

I’ve no doubt this will be an amazing video. Pontus is incredible at what he does. Hope he’s doing better mental health wise if what’s been speculated is true. But as someone already said it’s unfair to make assumptions as an outsider.