Author Topic: Polar Full Length - "SOUNDS LIKE YOU GUYS ARE CRUSHING IT"  (Read 46522 times)

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
Re: Polar Full Length - "SOUNDS LIKE YOU GUYS ARE CRUSHING IT"
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2022, 05:31:44 PM »
They turned Jamie pro at the premier. Check out Polar's story on IG the announcement was so sick

Fuck looked so sick cannot wait to watch the full video...we blew it at some point is still on weekly veiwing

CHONGO

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2022, 09:14:50 AM »
Can’t wait for the next video, “I Think We’ll Be Doing Very Well As A Whole In The Near Future, But I Can Neither Confirm Nor Deny That”

Seriously though, should be good.

SLAPASONIC

• Rep: 22
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2022, 11:09:47 PM »
Who has last part?

Which skaters had the best parts?

I want some spoilers

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 607
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2022, 01:39:50 AM »
i'll try to give more info later but quick reply

last part: Ville
Boserio is a mad man
Emile stepped up his game
it was intense, a polar video is never a disappointment
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 03:45:26 AM by BALARGUE »

HeapsCool

• Rep: -171
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2022, 03:19:16 AM »
:'(
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Didn’t Pontus go through a bout of depression midway through the editing process?! That’s some Fully Flared type shit! Can’t wait.
[close]

I think he's still going through if it you look at his Instagram stories. Dude spent years building a house in Portugal, gets broken up with,  moves to Paris, goes back to becoming a raging horny alcoholic posting bizarre stories. There was one where he was asking for a 'female' graphic designer, a story were he was simulating a sex act with a coffee press and would post weird selfies of him as if he was on Tinder with his age and what his interests are. It's as public of a breakdown as you can have.
[close]

With this house I was confused to - he really invest a lot of time, money and passion in this project - after it was completed he broke up and left Porto. This shows some heavy difficulties.
Maybe related to a brake up with his girl friend, he was already there in some Ménage-à-trois kind of relationship.
Pontus was in the past open with dealing with his Bipolar disorder.
This can cause an increase in sexuality. Libido can increases enormously, especially in the periods just before mania sets in.

I am not a psychologist but I had a friend and her behavior in-between her manic and depressive phases was
really crazy. She only get in contact with me in her manic phases- and she was nice, lovely and fun to have her around.
But another friend she ask also for help in her depressive phases, and what she have done in-between was out of the box. She really was hurting her self with her sexual activities.
I am open and funloving myself, never judge people on there sexuality -  so not easy to get shocked - but I was fully understanding her depressive phase not leaving the house for 2 weeks after her ragging sexual offerings to everyone for everything.

Hopefully Pontus got the treatments and help he need and is in good company.
[close]

I’m not a psychologist either, but I’ve learned from my own experience that psychologists throw around the “bi-polar” disorder diagnosis lazily and way too often. Pontus had a really gnarly concussion back in the day, it was really fucking gnarly and maybe his wires got crossed. That’s pretty much what happened to me and cognitive therapy was the only thing that really helped. A bullshit, lazy bi-polar diagnosis and bi polar meds only made things ten times worse. But maybe that’s not the case with him and I’m just speculating. Either way, hope that dude gets the help he needs.

Stopped reading after the bold

Coldpizza

• Rep: 165
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2022, 08:48:34 AM »

Boserio is a mad man
Very excited for Dane, and REALLY hoping for a bunch of Nick Rios.
Portland premiere September 19th at Clinton Street theater…
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2022, 09:09:22 AM »
Less stuff from Aaron and Dane compared to previous videos
Not that much from Nick Rios sadly
still a great video

Where's Emile from ? Portland ?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 09:18:00 AM by BALARGUE »

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1217
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2022, 09:52:45 AM »
Less stuff from Aaron and Dane compared to previous videos
Not that much from Nick Rios sadly
still a great video

Where's Emile from ? Portland ?
yeah

fishermansfriend

• Rep: 44
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2022, 01:47:18 AM »
Any Hjalte spoilers?

Royce Lopez

• Rep: 8
« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2022, 01:51:26 AM »
where video

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2022, 02:44:16 AM »
Any Hjalte spoilers?

Hjalte being Hjalte is all i can remember and i was like he's just a way way better version of Nik Stain
felt kinda out of place with the only hip hop track in the video

warmonke

• Rep: 43
« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2022, 03:12:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Any Hjalte spoilers?
[close]

Hjalte being Hjalte is all i can remember and i was like he's just a way way better version of Nik Stain
felt kinda out of place with the only hip hop track in the video
I don't remember much of Hjalte either tbh, Jamie Platt and Ville killed it, enjoyed Aaron Herrington's shit, Nick Boserio had some really good stuff and yeah Emile definitely stepped it up

JRF

• Rep: 145
« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2022, 11:13:23 AM »
Expand Quote
:'(
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Didn’t Pontus go through a bout of depression midway through the editing process?! That’s some Fully Flared type shit! Can’t wait.
[close]

I think he's still going through if it you look at his Instagram stories. Dude spent years building a house in Portugal, gets broken up with,  moves to Paris, goes back to becoming a raging horny alcoholic posting bizarre stories. There was one where he was asking for a 'female' graphic designer, a story were he was simulating a sex act with a coffee press and would post weird selfies of him as if he was on Tinder with his age and what his interests are. It's as public of a breakdown as you can have.
[close]

With this house I was confused to - he really invest a lot of time, money and passion in this project - after it was completed he broke up and left Porto. This shows some heavy difficulties.
Maybe related to a brake up with his girl friend, he was already there in some Ménage-à-trois kind of relationship.
Pontus was in the past open with dealing with his Bipolar disorder.
This can cause an increase in sexuality. Libido can increases enormously, especially in the periods just before mania sets in.

I am not a psychologist but I had a friend and her behavior in-between her manic and depressive phases was
really crazy. She only get in contact with me in her manic phases- and she was nice, lovely and fun to have her around.
But another friend she ask also for help in her depressive phases, and what she have done in-between was out of the box. She really was hurting her self with her sexual activities.
I am open and funloving myself, never judge people on there sexuality -  so not easy to get shocked - but I was fully understanding her depressive phase not leaving the house for 2 weeks after her ragging sexual offerings to everyone for everything.

Hopefully Pontus got the treatments and help he need and is in good company.
[close]

I’m not a psychologist either, but I’ve learned from my own experience that psychologists throw around the “bi-polar” disorder diagnosis lazily and way too often. Pontus had a really gnarly concussion back in the day, it was really fucking gnarly and maybe his wires got crossed. That’s pretty much what happened to me and cognitive therapy was the only thing that really helped. A bullshit, lazy bi-polar diagnosis and bi polar meds only made things ten times worse. But maybe that’s not the case with him and I’m just speculating. Either way, hope that dude gets the help he needs.
[close]

Stopped reading after the bold

Good for you! Maybe you should’ve stopped reading at “——“ and then fucked off into outer space
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 11:23:36 AM by JRF »
//////////

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2022, 12:59:40 PM »
where video

Next month after all the premieres they’re doing.

Mandatory Reload

• Rep: 78
« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2022, 01:24:19 PM »
Expand Quote

Boserio is a mad man
[close]
Portland premiere September 19th at Clinton Street theater

has this been announced anywhere?

thanksgiving

• Rep: 214
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2022, 01:41:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Boserio is a mad man
[close]
Portland premiere September 19th at Clinton Street theater
[close]

has this been announced anywhere?
all the premieres are in their ig story highlights

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2022, 01:49:20 AM »
Just heard I'm gonna see it next Saturday, so looking forward to it. I'm actually gonna set up a polar board this weekend.

djoekr

• Rep: 294
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2022, 02:00:58 AM »
Premiere in The Netherlands was sick, can definitely agree that Emile stepped up his game. Wish that I could've seen Nick Boserio and Shin skate but they were just chilling on the sideline. Most of the crew did actually. Nick did kook a local contest skater who was showing off with his best contest runs which was hilarious. Emile did a nosepick from the balcony into the big quarter which was absolutely nuts, clip is on Polar's instagram story right now.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 09:10:29 AM by djoekr »
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

Tabletop

• Rep: -72
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2022, 02:44:04 AM »
Is there a Shin part?

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 983
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2022, 09:32:07 AM »
where oski

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2022, 04:59:23 PM »
Damn looks like they’re not gonna do an NYC premiere 😢

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2022, 04:55:57 AM »
Saw it the other night. I gotta say, I felt pretty let down. A little too montage heavy for me. Everyone's best tricks weren't in their actual parts, which honestly just annoyed me. It got to the point where you thought somebodies part was going to start, but then it ventured off elsewhere. This happened with Nick Boserio in particular, 3 or 4 times.

Started off with a montage, that led into Shin's title card, but he only had a few tricks, and I don't think he really appears much after that.

Jamie Platt had a full part which I really enjoyed.

A random Los Angeles/California montage where I'm pretty sure every trick is a ABD.

This transitions into Oski's 'part' which is maybe half a dozen tricks.

A very short Dane Brady part  that was maybe 10 tricks with 1 or 2 tricks from Nick Rio's.

A New York montage which transitions into Aaron's part which is 90 percent 50-50 variations. It was as predictable as the sun rising tomorrow morning. I can't believe he stooped as low as falling out of a 50-50 down the Rockaway Rail and doing a limp body varial.

Emiles section. Chaotic and fun. No one really skates like him. The switch ollie was the funniest thing I've seen done in a skateboard in years. Like Aiden Mackey he just reminds me of that time of skateboarding when you first start and everything is so exciting.

Another montage, I think this was the Portland one. Emiles and Aaron's best tricks were in this.

I think Nicks part was next. I would've loved to have seen more Australian footage from him. It seems like everything of his was filmed in 2019 bar one or two tricks. Also he skates to a song that is pretty much Ave's song in Dancing On Thin Ice but with female vocals. I want to say it's a Phillip Glass song because it was that similar. Exact same tone.

Roman's part, which transitioned into a Paris montage of sorts and then into Paul Grunds part which was good, edited differently to the rest of the video, which was a welcome change at that point.

At this point I was kind of waiting for it just to be over, Hjalte skates to a song that doesn't fit,  and just distracts me from his skating, another montage, and then Villes part.

Was expecting more overall, a more tightly edited video, with more defined sections. Interested to see how I feel about the video upon a second or third viewing and if anything changes for me.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2022, 05:02:06 AM »
Saw it the other night. I gotta say, I felt pretty let down. A little too montage heavy for me. Everyone's best tricks weren't in their actual parts, which honestly just annoyed me. It got to the point where you thought somebodies part was going to start, but then it ventured off elsewhere. This happened with Nick Boserio in particular, 3 or 4 times.

Started off with a montage, that led into Shin's title card, but he only had a few tricks, and I don't think he really appears much after that.

A random Los Angeles/California montage where I'm pretty sure every trick is a ABD.

A very short Dane Brady part  that was maybe 10 tricks with 1 or 2 tricks from Nick Rio's.

A New York montage which transitions into Aaron's part which is 90 percent 50-50 variations. It was as predictable as the sun rising tomorrow morning. I can't believe he stooped as low as falling out of a 50-50 down the Rockaway Rail and doing a limp body varial.

Emiles section. Chaotic and fun. No one really skates like him. The switch ollie was the funniest thing I've seen done in a skateboard in years. Like Aiden Mackey he just reminds me of that time of skateboarding when you first start and everything is so exciting.

Another montage, I think this was the Portland one. Emiles and Aaron's best tricks were in this.

I think Nicks part was next. I would've loved to have seen more Australian footage from him. It seems like everything of his was filmed in 2019 bar one or two tricks. Also he skates to a song that is pretty much Ave's song in Dancing On Thin Ice but with female vocals. I want to say it's a Phillip Glass song because it was that similar. Exact same tone.

Roman's part, which transitioned into a Paris montage of sorts and then into Paul Grunds part which was good, edited differently to the rest of the video, which was a welcome change at that point.

At this point I was kind of waiting for it just to be over, Hjalte skates to a song that doesn't fit,  and just distracts me from his skating, another montage, and then Villes part.

Was expecting more overall, a more tightly edited video, with more defined sections. Interested to see how I feel about the video upon a second or third viewing and if anything changes for me.

Damn...thanks for the details.

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2022, 05:02:30 AM »
Shoutout to the guy above me keeping it real in a SLAP thread about a highly anticipated Polar video.

I respect it.

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2022, 06:57:16 AM »
not on ig currently, anything about an LA premier? or is Pontus not doing that california bullshit

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2022, 07:09:32 AM »

This tends to be the case with all Pontus videos.

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1235
« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2022, 07:24:01 AM »
horses wants a polar video edited like strange notes

DaleCooper

• Rep: 4
« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2022, 09:11:04 AM »
I literally just stalk Horses for their thoughts, opinions, and 10/10 leaks.

One could say, I'm a bit of a horse-person.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 359
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2022, 01:02:30 PM »

So, you’re into Mikey Taylor?
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

DaleCooper

• Rep: 4
« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2022, 02:02:27 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

So, you’re into Mikey Taylor?

Those city-council-hopeful-chompers could take a thumb off then sell me an ice cube with the promise of being able to invest it.