Author Topic: Polar Full Length - "SOUNDS LIKE YOU GUYS ARE CRUSHING IT"  (Read 46464 times)

pbj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 24
Re: Polar Full Length - "SOUNDS LIKE YOU GUYS ARE CRUSHING IT"
« Reply #120 on: September 15, 2022, 08:15:06 PM »
Oski skates to this from what I saw

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #121 on: September 16, 2022, 12:19:10 AM »
just saw this pop up on yt.

assuming it's earlier stuff and not actually his part from the vid, but too lazy to dig around and find out...

This is an IG TV thing from at least a year ago that he and his friend made but it’s cool

Ignatius J Reilly

• Rep: 273
  • often correct
« Reply #122 on: September 16, 2022, 06:51:06 AM »
thought the video was good. not as good as the last two polar videos, but i enjoyed it more than i expected to. great music supervision. really curious as to how pontus curated the footage for this. felt like a lot of stuff was really old, and there isn't enough footage of some people given the four year wait between videos. i also share the sentiment that having some people have parts versus some people with footage scattered throughout is kinda weird. dunno why he refuses to give oski a full part in any of these vids.

starts with a fast-paced malmo montage. shin's only footage is in here (unfortunately).

jamie has first part. didn't know what to expect but he's got good lanky style and all the london footage in here meshed well with polar's aesthetic. i'm a fan

kyle wilson has a guest trick, which is cool but also drives home how fucking white this company is

there was an LA montage at some point early on in the video. i don't really remember it.

i think there was a portland montage with some of oski's best clips at that DIY bridge thing that segues into dane brady's part? it's short and sweet, gnarlier than his other parts and feels like every trick counts.

transitions to an NYC montage and then aaron's part, which isn't as 50-50 heavy as i'd been led to believe. he does what he's good at but there are some surprises thrown in there, then it's back to portland with emile and nick boserio. emile's clips were a highlight of the video, for sure. his energy is contagious. love watching brass skate but couldn't help but notice how old all of his footage is

no nick rios part, just four clips, which is such a fucking bummer. (no ben lawrie either but i didn't expect that.) i try to judge videos on what they are and not what i wanted them to be, but i'm really disappointed on that front

now we're in paris for roman and paul's parts. roman's part is sort of business as usual (nothing bad, just mostly expected) but paul fucking kills it. hope this isn't it for his career now that he's the TM, seems like he's just starting to really blossom

hjalte! probably the most "normal" part of the video, editing-wise, and exactly what you'd hope to see from him. loved the little jarmers section towards the end

if you guys like ville, you're in for a treat. and if you don't... well, sorry, cuz i feel like he's on screen for half the video AND he has last part. his skating is really floppy and i probably won't rewatch this part often

the end, then pontus has a clip, then it's over
« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 07:12:38 AM by Ignatius J Reilly »

Voodoo777

• Rep: 0
« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2022, 03:28:14 PM »
does anyone have the video link?

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #124 on: September 16, 2022, 07:53:35 PM »
Expand Quote
anything about an LA premier?
[close]
There isn’t one. Probably gonna premiere at some shops on October 1st so I’d imagine some LA shops will premiere it then

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #125 on: September 17, 2022, 04:43:33 AM »
Yeah i like Ville

I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 793
« Reply #126 on: September 18, 2022, 06:48:09 AM »
Ok I talked to Pontus about it last night after watching it. It's a follow up to we blew it at some point if you watch them back to back it will make more sense. There is many tributes to old videos in it. I actually enjoyed it. Nick is possessed...he's my SOTY. Was excellent to see it on a cinema screen with a full house of skaters.
Looking forward to watching back to back with we blew it at some point. Also Salba! Don't think anyone yet has mentioned he has a trick in it.
Pontus as your gonna read this at some point thanks again for everything.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 576
« Reply #127 on: September 18, 2022, 06:37:48 PM »
Ok I talked to Pontus about it last night after watching it. It's a follow up to we blew it at some point if you watch them back to back it will make more sense. There is many tributes to old videos in it. I actually enjoyed it. Nick is possessed...he's my SOTY. Was excellent to see it on a cinema screen with a full house of skaters.
Looking forward to watching back to back with we blew it at some point. Also Salba! Don't think anyone yet has mentioned he has a trick in it.

Pontus out here making sequels to his previous skate videos.. Is that an NBD? I really really wanted another Shin part but understandable considering he just dropped a solo Adidas part.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #128 on: September 18, 2022, 06:50:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Pontus out here making sequels to his previous skate videos.. Is that an NBD? I really really wanted another Shin part but understandable considering he just dropped a solo Adidas part.

Rodney Vs Daewon
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1290
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #129 on: September 18, 2022, 08:06:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Rodney Vs Daewon
[close]
baker 2g, 3, 4
Sorry, Really Sorry, Extremely Sorry

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 576
« Reply #130 on: September 18, 2022, 08:13:40 PM »
Sorry I meant more of an actual continuation, not just videos titled similarly. Maybe I misunderstood Siota's comment and it's not that at all.

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #131 on: September 18, 2022, 08:41:42 PM »
thought the video was good. not as good as the last two polar videos, but i enjoyed it more than i expected to. great music supervision. really curious as to how pontus curated the footage for this. felt like a lot of stuff was really old, and there isn't enough footage of some people given the four year wait between videos. i also share the sentiment that having some people have parts versus some people with footage scattered throughout is kinda weird. dunno why he refuses to give oski a full part in any of these vids.

starts with a fast-paced malmo montage. shin's only footage is in here (unfortunately).

jamie has first part. didn't know what to expect but he's got good lanky style and all the london footage in here meshed well with polar's aesthetic. i'm a fan

kyle wilson has a guest trick, which is cool but also drives home how fucking white this company is

there was an LA montage at some point early on in the video. i don't really remember it.

i think there was a portland montage with some of oski's best clips at that DIY bridge thing that segues into dane brady's part? it's short and sweet, gnarlier than his other parts and feels like every trick counts.

transitions to an NYC montage and then aaron's part, which isn't as 50-50 heavy as i'd been led to believe. he does what he's good at but there are some surprises thrown in there, then it's back to portland with emile and nick boserio. emile's clips were a highlight of the video, for sure. his energy is contagious. love watching brass skate but couldn't help but notice how old all of his footage is

no nick rios part, just four clips, which is such a fucking bummer. (no ben lawrie either but i didn't expect that.) i try to judge videos on what they are and not what i wanted them to be, but i'm really disappointed on that front

now we're in paris for roman and paul's parts. roman's part is sort of business as usual (nothing bad, just mostly expected) but paul fucking kills it. hope this isn't it for his career now that he's the TM, seems like he's just starting to really blossom

hjalte! probably the most "normal" part of the video, editing-wise, and exactly what you'd hope to see from him. loved the little jarmers section towards the end

if you guys like ville, you're in for a treat. and if you don't... well, sorry, cuz i feel like he's on screen for half the video AND he has last part. his skating is really floppy and i probably won't rewatch this part often

did Jerome Campbell quietly retire or something?

Or did I miss something?

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

TheLowerBack

• Rep: 171
  • GTU/FWD
« Reply #132 on: September 18, 2022, 09:07:18 PM »
Phub Link?

yeayeaman

• Rep: 7
« Reply #133 on: September 18, 2022, 11:55:16 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Or did I miss something?

Not sure how quiet it was but he has been doing converse work since a few years, I'm pretty sure he has 0 clips in we blew it either. So been off the team for a few years then

JumpManShorty

• Rep: -86
« Reply #134 on: September 19, 2022, 12:40:27 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Or did I miss something?

I think after “I like it here inside” . Or was that someone else?

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #135 on: September 19, 2022, 09:53:53 PM »
Campbell's been off for years
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Staniel

• Rep: 7
« Reply #136 on: September 20, 2022, 12:30:37 AM »
HUM... how long til we hear Braid in a major skate video release

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #137 on: September 20, 2022, 09:28:16 AM »
That was the most enjoyable video I’ve watched in years. Horses is tripping confirmed

McBrandt

• Rep: -13
« Reply #138 on: September 20, 2022, 01:46:37 PM »
HUM... how long til we hear Braid in a major skate video release

Which Hum song was used?

JumpManShorty

• Rep: -86
« Reply #139 on: September 20, 2022, 09:04:14 PM »
Could be referring to the hum song in Jamie’s pro video

Not sure, but great song

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #140 on: September 20, 2022, 09:13:18 PM »
That was the most enjoyable video I’ve watched in years. Horses is tripping confirmed

Eh? Nothing wrong with having a difference of opinion, at least I expanded on it as opposed to just saying it was whatever. There was still some parts I enjoyed like I mentioned in my initial review, and like I said I'm looking forward to watching it again and seeing if my opinion differs on a second or third watch.

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #141 on: September 20, 2022, 10:16:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Eh? Nothing wrong with having a difference of opinion, at least I expanded on it as opposed to just saying it was whatever. There was still some parts I enjoyed like I mentioned in my initial review, and like I said I'm looking forward to watching it again and seeing if my opinion differs on a second or third watch.
All good just messing around. I loved it but I’m not bothered by your take. Good on ya for the review
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 02:52:52 AM by Pappy Jones »

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #142 on: September 21, 2022, 05:38:24 PM »
Campbell's been off for years

Yeah he's TM for cons or was I think
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1195
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #143 on: September 21, 2022, 08:07:30 PM »
when the fuck are us unlucky people able to see it

SLAPASONIC

• Rep: 22
« Reply #144 on: September 21, 2022, 08:15:18 PM »
Boserio went hard in every clip, he’s insane

Oski had a short and sweet section, the few clips Shin had were really nice too.

yuto

• Rep: 0
« Reply #145 on: September 24, 2022, 09:08:19 AM »
Does anyone remember any songs in this vid? I just watched it in Tokyo.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #146 on: September 24, 2022, 09:21:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Or did I miss something?
[close]

I think after “I like it here inside” . Or was that someone else?
They let most the og pro team go in like 2015ish. (Clip for comparison)
As far as being too white, they're from northern Europe what are ya gonna do. Shins Japanese and boserio is maybe half Indonesian or something. Still not great.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1473
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #147 on: September 24, 2022, 01:58:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Rodney Vs Daewon
[close]
baker 2g, 3, 4
[close]
Sorry, Really Sorry, Extremely Sorry
Atlantic Drift did direct references to previous episodes

truthislie

• Rep: 55
« Reply #148 on: September 25, 2022, 05:51:14 AM »

I think it´s really cool to do premiers for a big video in this day and age but at this point the hype around the new Polar one already starts to wear off before I have seen it. Might sound stupid but this is how I feel about it. At least give us a date when it will be online.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1473
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #149 on: September 25, 2022, 08:13:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think it´s really cool to do premiers for a big video in this day and age but at this point the hype around the new Polar one already starts to wear off before I have seen it. Might sound stupid but this is how I feel about it. At least give us a date when it will be online.
It reminds of the past when I'd be aware that something like Virtual Reality was out but don't have a chance to watch it because my local was completely sold out. I would just wait around with that in the back of my mind until one of my friends or I would get lucky and get a copy whenever to watch. Otherwise, it was mostly forgotten.