Author Topic: HVR-DR60 Tapeless  (Read 337 times)

Diamond_Dallas_Pudge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -46
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
HVR-DR60 Tapeless
« on: November 06, 2022, 05:44:26 AM »
Anybody have experience using these badboys?

Similar to the HVR MRC1 which films to CF CARD the DR60 is it's own hard drive through FireWire.

My problem comes in transferring footage of it onto a computer without a FireWire port.

Should I look into just buying an older laptop or maybe there's a device that would allow me to transfer via USB.

Any help or tips would be appreciated

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
Re: HVR-DR60 Tapeless
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2022, 01:05:55 PM »
Try and find an older macbook for cheap that you can just use the firewire port for.

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2022, 09:10:30 PM »
I would just sell it and go the MRC1 route. Aside from being easier to transfer footage and not having to buy an older separate laptop, the hard drive in the DR60 runs the risk of crashing, which is a big risk for something attached to a camera that's closely filming skateboarding. The MRC1 will likely end up being cheaper for you in the end.

Diamond_Dallas_Pudge

• Rep: -46
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2022, 07:38:05 PM »
I would just sell it and go the MRC1 route. Aside from being easier to transfer footage and not having to buy an older separate laptop, the hard drive in the DR60 runs the risk of crashing, which is a big risk for something attached to a camera that's closely filming skateboarding. The MRC1 will likely end up being cheaper for you in the end.

I am leaning in that direction as CF card readers seem to be readily available. I'm going to try one more option directly from firewire using DR60 + Pinnacle Movie Studio box.

Hopefully it works out

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 92
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2022, 01:25:50 AM »
I have kept an eye on DR60s for a while, but they don't pop up often as the MRC1 and as I already bought a few MRC1s I didn't want to fork out on something I wouldn't use.

I wish I bought the one that came up for like £50 that didn't work, just so I could tinker with it and 'try' to fix it. I was going to try and mod it to work with an SSD somehow, but never did.

If I see one cheap I might try this idea but yeah, the MRC1 seems a better route. I've had like two issues with mine and that was related to the cards I was using, other than that it's worked amazing.
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me