Author Topic: I'm filming an episode of a popular podcast to talk about sk8ing  (Read 1923 times)

fineslime

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
Sup PALS,

Later this afternoon I'm doing an episode of Ryan Sickler's podcast to talk about all things skateboarding and to tell the story of my worst injury...

What other sk8 topics should I touch on? We've all got fucked up stories from our local skatepark, stories of the characters we've encountered, broken dreams, ramp tramps.... If you were to do a podcast talking about sk8ing what would YOU talk about?

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
Re: I'm filming an episode of a popular podcast to talk about sk8ing
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 04:29:20 AM »
Different ways a control economy can deal with the information problem in money.

The myth of cultural homogeneity in Japan, in terms of minority languages.

The anticipated effects of the climate crisis on mid-to southern skate scenes and economy
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2022, 04:36:09 AM »
The actual honeydew podcast? I think it's kinda about finding the good in bad situations so yeah stories about sketchy events and characters sure but I think there needs to be something good or at least funny about each story maybe not just a list of bad people

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2022, 04:50:21 AM »
Different ways a control economy can deal with the information problem in money.

The myth of cultural homogeneity in Japan, in terms of minority languages.

The anticipated effects of the climate crisis on mid-to southern skate scenes and economy

As someone from south Florida this topic would be important to me if climate change was real......

I'm kidding.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2022, 04:52:42 AM »
The actual honeydew podcast? I think it's kinda about finding the good in bad situations so yeah stories about sketchy events and characters sure but I think there needs to be something good or at least funny about each story maybe not just a list of bad people

He does a second podcast called the honeydew with y'all. I'm a comic too so I'm hoping one day I can parlay this into an actual episode, but who knows.

Listen to Randy Kioski's episode if you've never heard it.

And I'm telling the story about rupturing my vas deferens and cumming blood on multiple girlfriends over the years... It's brutal but hilarious (I hope.)

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2022, 05:07:27 AM »
Sup PALS,

Later this afternoon I'm doing an episode of Ryan Sickler's podcast to talk about all things skateboarding and to tell the story of my worst injury...

What other sk8 topics should I touch on? We've all got fucked up stories from our local skatepark, stories of the characters we've encountered, broken dreams, ramp tramps.... If you were to do a podcast talking about sk8ing what would YOU talk about?

Skateboarders unionizing and/or starting Worker COOPs when they start new companies.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

Wu-Welsh

• Rep: 7
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2022, 05:41:36 AM »

Sightunseen

• Rep: 90
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2022, 06:40:49 AM »
Where’s Doublesteveburger at? I think he has a question
personally I can only hope to be remembered in a slap post three years after my death, with my name spelled wrong

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2022, 11:42:39 AM »
Try the search feature for a thread about weird skatepark stories, it’s full of gold

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2022, 04:09:50 PM »
podcast was super fun and he ended up offering me spots whenever he comes to Florida. we stuck to one story about injuring my nuts. should be out in 8 weeks on his Patreon. thanks PALS.

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2022, 12:13:31 AM »
podcast was super fun and he ended up offering me spots whenever he comes to Florida. we stuck to one story about injuring my nuts. should be out in 8 weeks on his Patreon. thanks PALS.

Link your stand up/material/fit

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1099
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2022, 08:07:52 PM »
How many bloards can you ollie?
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2211
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2022, 01:38:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This is the part where I say “Post a joke Funnyboi.”

Also, you haven’t truly cummed on a girlfriend until you’ve cummed blood on her.
Those are the rules: I don’t make them, I’m just here to remind y’all of ‘em.

‘Grats on the ‘cast, BTW.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 08:39:47 AM by Lou Strux »

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 265
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2022, 06:04:30 AM »
Who needs to be canceled next
Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

Chickenbonenowitsgone

• Rep: 2
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2022, 07:02:28 AM »
It’s amazing to me that anyone can listen/ actually enjoy anything that Ryan sickler does. Painfully unfunny and my god that laugh…   But I hope it helps you get some work, that whole comedy podcast circle jerk thing going on seems annoying to get through as a new comic.
"I could get Steven Greer to show me his asshole for 75$" - Henry Zebrowski

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2022, 09:27:16 AM »
It’s amazing to me that anyone can listen/ actually enjoy anything that Ryan sickler does. Painfully unfunny and my god that laugh…   But I hope it helps you get some work, that whole comedy podcast circle jerk thing going on seems annoying to get through as a new comic.
As far as the whole la comic/podcaster circle jerk goes he I think he is one of the better ones. Maybe its because he is pretty standard/not too gimmicky or something so I'm not just like oh fuck this guy.

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 282
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2022, 09:37:03 AM »
I truly thought OP was talking about Shex and misspelling his name per Slap Rules of Conduct. Didnt realize there is an actual Ryan Sickler.

With that said, Ryan Sickler would be a better name for a skater than Ryan Sheckler.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2022, 10:51:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
This is the part where I say “Post a joke Funnyboi.”

Also, you haven’t truly cummed on a girlfriend until you’ve cummed blood on her.
Those are the rules: I don’t make them, I’m just here to remind y’all of ‘em.

‘Grats on the ‘cast, BTW.

Haha posting a set on slap is the equivalent to a bdsm torture session that goes south fast. If you do enough digging you'll be able to find em on YouTube. I do solemnly swear I have cum blood on and around at least 3 women (that I can remember,) and I can attest it is was WAY MORE than normal. So yeah, in a way you're right.

The morning before the pod I wracked my brain for any skate story that could have been even remotely funny, and wrote everything down the same way I would a stand up set: bullet points with tags underneath it if something pops into my head while writing the points.

I've done stand up for a long time and the only time I tried to do any jokes about skating was when I first started and it didn't work. Since then I've never tried at taking a legitimate stab at making skateboarding funny, but because I prepared so hard for the pod I finally think I cracked it, or am starting to. One of my goals has been to work within skateboarding as an mc and it's a legit dream job for me. Maybe a skate contest mc reel would work...

I'm extremely grateful for Ryan letting me on. He was super down to earth and genuine, funny as shit, and before we started the pod he goes, "who knows man, maybe this story will be your new closer." I have ALWAYS wanted to tell this story on stage but it's pretty fucking graphic, but my girlfriend's reaction to it happening is too good not to get a bit out of it.

As for the LA pod and comedy scene, I have no interest in it and I haven't for years. It all comes across as extremely disingenuous. I've had friends move there and tell me horror stories about the nepotism, but then again any comedy scene is like that.

Sorry for the long post... Where are my other active comics?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 12:36:27 PM by fineslime »

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2022, 10:57:44 AM »

Tbh man, that aspect of the business has always really turned me off, so much so that I've never been willing to play the game. Stand up can be a huge ass kissing fest disgusied as people genuinely wanting to connect over the art... This is especially if true you have something people want. That's not how I want to operate, ya know? I'm trying to accept it because it's definitely hindered my career the last few years.

PRISON IKE

• Rep: 37
  • Flex seal, but for genitalia
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2022, 11:31:54 AM »
And I'm telling the story about rupturing my vas deferens and cumming blood on multiple girlfriends over the years... It's brutal but hilarious (I hope.)

This seems appropriate…

I’d skin my knee and palms so bad on my buddy’s jump ramp with that thing.

Salad farmer

• Rep: 21
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2022, 02:41:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
As far as the whole la comic/podcaster circle jerk goes he I think he is one of the better ones. Maybe its because he is pretty standard/not too gimmicky or something so I'm not just like oh fuck this guy.

Yeah of the comics who talk to people about hardships Sickler comes off as actually caring and being interested. I hear so many podcasts where the host is barely listening or relating to someone who just told you how rough it was having cancer as a kid or something equally as terrible. That is just my general impression, he might do that same shit on some episodes. Comic's podcasts can be insufferable though, lots of them are aggressively dumb but try to be profound.