Author Topic: Switch BS 180s  (Read 2144 times)

Sifter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 47
Re: Switch BS 180s
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2022, 04:05:46 PM »
I've been working on these cunts again.  I started off looking almost completely backwards before popping and trying to throw my body around to my head but this way feels super easy to shoot out and land heavy on the kick

Sometimes can get the switch ollie then rotate and that way feels more controlled but I think my problem is I don't have a consistent head, shoulder, foot setup in mind so they often feel random

It's stopped raining after weeks here so I'm definitely having a go today at em

SwitchBigspinflipBoneless

• Rep: 7
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2022, 11:28:49 AM »
Easily the scariest way to spin. Any time I properly commit to landing one I slip out and full body slam.

Any tips?  I can do all the other 180s so really want this to add to the collection

Sifter

• Rep: 47
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2022, 05:12:12 PM »
https://imgur.com/a/NOoHmqA

Sorry for shaky cam but that's the best I've got for now

Back foot in the middle of kick definitely helped.  I think someone mentioned that here?  I'd been trying them with back foot right in the pocket and most of the time would get a dud pop or primo.

Looking forward before popping felt impossible.  I have to look backwards.  Hopefully helps a bit

SwitchBigspinflipBoneless

• Rep: 7
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2022, 05:29:53 AM »
@sifter that is actually well helpful, especially the way you look around for the landing. Going to watch that a few hundred times,  practice them and report back 👍🏻

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2022, 10:08:02 AM »
finally got the phone out and did some self filming at the park. I've noticed I struggle to keep my popping foot on my board with the 180s, I have to focus really hard on sliding my foot up the board and even then it doesn't work much. with the flips it will mostly not come all the way around, if I try and spin further the board tends to get stuck to my foot and fold over. I also seem to always land with my weight on the heel side of my board. So many problems, I think it might just be years of wrong muscle memory that I can't unwire. Landed a few shite ones, on my way to try some more now so any tips welcome

During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2022, 11:06:33 AM »
I put my back foot a tad towards the pocket, front foot right on or behind the front bolts with maybe 1/2" between my toe and the rail. The key for me is the shoulders and hips. Right before I pop I like to almost weight my heels, then my toes like a carve as I pop and the hip swing brings the board around.

Hubba Bo-Tep

• Rep: 43
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2022, 02:55:29 AM »
Thanks to this thread I've been putting some effort into learning these.  Last session I got em just shy of 180.  The key, for me anyway, is making a conscious effort to bring the back knee up after the pop.  Exaggerated pre-wind and making sure my head and shoulders rotate fully during the 180 are the building blocks but the back leg lift was the last piece of the puzzle.  I reckon I should have these down in the next few sessions.