Author Topic: New Vans skate line is trash  (Read 8083 times)

LebowskisRug

Re: New Vans skate line is trash
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2022, 12:29:16 PM »
The splitting comes from not loosening the laces enough on Half Cabs when putting your feet in. I swear my last black/white pair had a seam in the back that ripped apart but my newer ones don't. I was kind of a mongoloid and would just try to stuff my foot in and it would fold down the back and apply pressure. Unfortunately Vans has not mongoloid proofed every aspect of the shoe.

As for the Old Skools im curious which color ways might have been earlier ones? I had the black with white stitching and hate them, even as chillers. The canvas is super stiff and they fit oddly loose for the size. My foot swims around in them while the shoe grips the board, which is an odd sensation.

camel filters

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2022, 03:13:54 PM »

As for the Old Skools im curious which color ways might have been earlier ones? I had the black with white stitching and hate them, even as chillers. The canvas is super stiff and they fit oddly loose for the size. My foot swims around in them while the shoe grips the board, which is an odd sensation.
I have the exact same old skools. The canvas is waxed so that's why it has that stiff feeling. My feet are pretty wide so I don't have the same swimming around problem so I just got to enjoy the longer lasting canvas. The unwaxed canvas definitely forms to your feet more tho.

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2022, 06:28:50 AM »
AYO Shoutout Xen

The Emerica g6 foam insoles are a great swap for the popcush. They are not as thick or padded, but they aren't as high and my foot is not rolling/squishing in them.

will see how they hold up but I'm not experiencing knee pain like I was before.

ok, skated these last night, I can feel my board and my feet weren't dying!
g6 foam insoles heavily recommend for vans swaps
(low impact flat ground of course no big things)
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 971
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2022, 04:16:59 PM »
Expand Quote

this is the second longest lasting shoe ive ever had. the first is the AF2. Third was the Fast Break. These are the pro i think? have an ultracush.
Theres only like 3 other modern shoes that ive liked that are within my constant budget. None are available in my area at the moment. I wish i could try the $119.00 kicks but thats like 1/7 of my total monthly. I need to get 1.5-3 or 4 months out of my shoes. When i take chances on changes i never do get it.

I copped three pairs of vans before i got this blessed pair of indestructible chukkas. I had to give two pairs away because they wouldnt stop crushing my baby toe on the extended height foxing. The third pair was another pair of chukkas. Those also was the best shit for me.

My first trip to NYC in 20 years was ruined by those eras skate. I wish i had normal feet. Small wide feet in a pointy toe world.

Vans chukka Checkpoints and the fast break tho. I also love the af2 after break in.

I was hoping orchard or nwf would have them by now but i fear im the only person who loves for this shoe over all others. Its got to be the shape because i could see my toe for like over a month and i just started ruining socks. Idk what my next shoe is going to be but i gotta cop on the first if possible. Im not stoked on the choices at either shop. Skate shoes are kinda meh when you got tiny square feet. I can rock like Chukka or Slips or AF2s.
[close]

chukkas were my go to shoe from 2008-12 i guess. they got shitty for a while with the soles coming off super easy. but i loved skating them.

I love that shoe. I settled for these. They on the way now.

picture of instagram logo
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2022, 04:22:08 PM »
Expand Quote

this is the second longest lasting shoe ive ever had. the first is the AF2. Third was the Fast Break. These are the pro i think? have an ultracush.
Theres only like 3 other modern shoes that ive liked that are within my constant budget. None are available in my area at the moment. I wish i could try the $119.00 kicks but thats like 1/7 of my total monthly. I need to get 1.5-3 or 4 months out of my shoes. When i take chances on changes i never do get it.

I copped three pairs of vans before i got this blessed pair of indestructible chukkas. I had to give two pairs away because they wouldnt stop crushing my baby toe on the extended height foxing. The third pair was another pair of chukkas. Those also was the best shit for me.

My first trip to NYC in 20 years was ruined by those eras skate. I wish i had normal feet. Small wide feet in a pointy toe world.

Vans chukka Checkpoints and the fast break tho. I also love the af2 after break in.

I was hoping orchard or nwf would have them by now but i fear im the only person who loves for this shoe over all others. Its got to be the shape because i could see my toe for like over a month and i just started ruining socks. Idk what my next shoe is going to be but i gotta cop on the first if possible. Im not stoked on the choices at either shop. Skate shoes are kinda meh when you got tiny square feet. I can rock like Chukka or Slips or AF2s.
[close]

chukkas were my go to shoe from 2008-12 i guess. they got shitty for a while with the soles coming off super easy. but i loved skating them.

(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2022, 04:23:23 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

(A)pl(E)

c-dock

• Rep: 10
  • Lurker
« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2022, 02:37:11 PM »
Been skating Vans since the original Pro line in the early 2010's, when they were the most comfortable but least durable out of the 3 iterations. I've gotta say the current Skate line is my favorite. I would say just give the new ones a second chance if you liked the Pro's. When they upgraded the Pro construction around 2015 I originally hated the new shoes, but over time they grew on me and became my favorites until the current line launched.

FUBAR

• Rep: 236
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2022, 04:00:02 PM »
Split my half cabs in the back putting them on last night. Yeah, didn’t untie them and crammed my foot in. Rip is minor, I don’t care. BUT…I’ve put a million shoes on like that and this is the first to rip/split.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2022, 05:26:54 PM »
It was hard for me to make the switch from regs to pros. My first pair of pros was like 2011.
The broke immediately from walking. I went beck got old schools and a few bucks back.

I love the chukka low from the last few years. To me it's the best shoe vans makes today.

These were sick AF today.

I landed every trick I tried within a few tries. My kickflips we're on point. Impossible too. All the regs was better.

Then my feet started killing me.

Also I tore all the skin off my thumb trying to get them on earlier lol. The sole is the right size my my goodness that shit took like 15 mins to get on my feet.

The higher foxing is so nice. I can't wait till they stretch.
(A)pl(E)

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2022, 11:59:02 PM »
Split my half cabs in the back putting them on last night. Yeah, didn’t untie them and crammed my foot in. Rip is minor, I don’t care. BUT…I’ve put a million shoes on like that and this is the first to rip/split.
Get a little bit of leather or suede and super glue it over the split like a band aid. It's happened for me on every pair of halfcab pros I've had. Fuck undoing the laces.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2022, 08:55:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Get a little bit of leather or suede and super glue it over the split like a band aid. It's happened for me on every pair of halfcab pros I've had. Fuck undoing the laces.

I also never undo my laces and I'm skating my fourth pair of the new skate half cabs in a row (I love them - prior to these I was skating the classic half cab black and whites a couple in a row). I've only had them split on my first pair (Black and white pair) and I only think it happened cause that back part is canvas.

Maybe if your careful putting your shoes on it won't happen, but it didn't really change how the shoe skated for me. I still liked them a lot.

After that I skated these for a couple months and retired them once they were all messed up and I flicked through the toe, but I never split the back

Then skated these a few months and it didn't happen either

Now I'm skating these about a month and it's not happening.

I think it just happens with that one shoe because the back collar is canvas. Pretty much all the others have had suede collars. Please keep in mind all of these are pics of when they were brand new. I do skate things until they are really messed up, but these shoes last. Either way I love the new half cab and I will skate them until they stop making them.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2022, 11:20:29 AM »

I'm not stoked about this. Slips should come with a shoehorn.
(A)pl(E)

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2022, 01:55:08 PM »
Bristol, do you notice the regular half cab has a more angled rear, better heel grip than the 92s?

It just looked that way in photos but may have been a deceptive angle
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

Captain No Cab

• Rep: 20
« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2022, 05:52:28 PM »

I'm not stoked about this. Slips should come with a shoehorn.

Holy fuck thats gnarly as, had super similar problem with the canvas authentics but definitely not as bad as that.

Also noticed that in the tongues of the new authentics (maybe in other models too but haven't been game to try) the middle layer has been replaced with some sort of plastic, so it sounds I'm crinkling cellophane when I move the tongue around.
If you sk8, you know, when you bite into that spring-roll

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2022, 11:14:55 AM »
Bristol, do you notice the regular half cab has a more angled rear, better heel grip than the 92s?

It just looked that way in photos but may have been a deceptive angle

Yeah but still I like 92 better aesthetically. The 92s have the og poofy tongue where the regular skate half cabs have a canvas one so the 92 tongue stretches more and has a looser feel (while still having tongue straps) but I honestly like that

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2022, 11:21:49 AM »
I have a wide foot so Vans have never fit me properly, they're always pretty narrow shoes. Part of me really wants to buy a pair of Rowans pro model but something about the design on them stops me from copping.
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2022, 07:22:27 PM »
I have a wide foot so Vans have never fit me properly, they're always pretty narrow shoes. Part of me really wants to buy a pair of Rowans pro model but something about the design on them stops me from copping.

What shoes are you using normally? I think Vans are mostly actually quite wide unlike many other shoes. I know people who’d love to wear vans but can’t cuz they’re too wide for their narrow feet.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2022, 08:00:08 PM »

Yeah. I can get the shoes on first try sometimes now too. The fucked thing is size 9 soles would be too big and I kinda doubt the upper will be much looser.

I'm definitely going with a 9 next time tho.
(A)pl(E)

Hairy Ballsagna

• Rep: 32
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2022, 08:18:51 PM »

I wish I could find a shoe with a wider toe box then Vans Old Schools.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2022, 08:50:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The AVEs maybe?
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 167
« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2022, 09:38:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

The AVEs maybe?

I think Wayvees or Fairlanes are among widest Vans make

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2022, 12:57:23 AM »
I wouldn't say is trash but sure has it's weird things.
Good luck trying to bit a slip on on your usual size, those things are not going to fit at all.
Also QC is all over the place regarding heel on half cabs.
Durability has been increased a lot tho.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2022, 08:29:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What shoes are you using normally? I think Vans are mostly actually quite wide unlike many other shoes. I know people who’d love to wear vans but can’t cuz they’re too wide for their narrow feet.
i religiously skate GT blazers, they are the perfect width for my foot. I bought a pair of Crockett 1's when they first came out and after about 3 weeks my foot started busting thru the sides
- Crailtap

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2022, 08:52:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
i religiously skate GT blazers, they are the perfect width for my foot. I bought a pair of Crockett 1's when they first came out and after about 3 weeks my foot started busting thru the sides

I’ve never tried on the Crocketts and I don’t wear Nikes. I’ve had Era, Slip-on, Sk8-Hi Pros and Kyle Walkers at least and they’ve all been wider than most other shoes I’ve had. Only thing wider that now comes to mind is the Emerica Wino G6 Slip-on.

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 167
« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2022, 09:17:25 AM »
Vans and Nike are very narrow fitting shoes in general.  So is Adidas.  I have a wide foot though.  I only look at soles when I shoe shop.  Emerica / es / etnies are the best brands for wide footed folks for sure.  New Balance Tiagos seems nice too but I haven’t tried em yet.

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #85 on: September 15, 2022, 09:20:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

I’ve never tried on the Crocketts and I don’t wear Nikes. I’ve had Era, Slip-on, Sk8-Hi Pros and Kyle Walkers at least and they’ve all been wider than most other shoes I’ve had. Only thing wider that now comes to mind is the Emerica Wino G6 Slip-on.
should've mentioned that i normally size up to give my foot a little more room. that always does the trick for me in blazers
- Crailtap

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2022, 08:39:17 AM »
Also I'm over vans. (Probably not) I've had 3 out of 5 pairs not fit since the new skate line came out.

A size 9 will be too much sole and the upper might fit better?

My size 8.5 is no longer my size because the upper is to frickin tight.

The tightness of the upper has maybe permanently damaged my feet.

I have numbness across the tops of both my big toes now and it won't go away.

Now I'm going to shop lift shoe goo.

FUMK MY LIFE IN THE ASS WITH A CONDOM COVERED IN BEACH SAND AND PLASTIC PELLETS
(A)pl(E)

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: September 19, 2022, 08:54:01 AM »
Flea, replace the insole w the emerica insole.

It isn't as tall and gives foot more room.

I was rolling my ankle w the popcush height and the upper was tight although not damaging tight

LebowskisRug

« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2022, 11:11:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Half Cabs and Rowans are wider. I hate the Old School toe box and can skate literally any other Vans better.

usehername720

• Rep: 6
« Reply #89 on: September 19, 2022, 12:04:41 PM »
Expand Quote
I wouldn’t agree. I got a pair of the 92 half cabs and the quality is really good. They took like hella hours of walking and then rolling/flexing them up over and over to get them to break in faster. I was very surprised. Vans usually bag out on me within days. I’m also glad they took some rubber off the toe, it was impossible to find my flick on the pro series cause I never skate my shoe to any really worn down state. These it seem just right imo.
[close]

I bought a pair of 92s in may? Been wearing them and can't seem to get them to break in.
They are stiff af
I legitimately might have to microwave them. Throwing in new insoles next week when they arrive, popcush hurting my feet.
The stiff heel is stronger but it makes me walk around like cowboy boots clompin around

I couldn’t really break in the 92s either, they caused my feet so much pain when I was trying to break them in by walking around. It felt like they put 2 insoles on top of each other inside of each shoe. I just kinda gave up on them. The new edition half cabs feel really good though and I never had an issue with them