Author Topic: New Vans skate line is trash  (Read 7932 times)

logjammin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 312
Re: New Vans skate line is trash
« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2022, 12:53:25 PM »
I skated Vans' "pro" line for so long, mainly the Era's, and then the "skate" ones for awhile after they came out and I dug them. To try something different, I bought those new Emerica KSL G6's when they dropped however many months ago that was, and I seriously can barely handle walking around in Vans now. Talk about shoes with zero support even with the popcush insoles. And the heel part of the outsole melts so fast from semi-frequent heel braking. Doesn't even affect the soles of these KSL's. Cupsoles are where it's at, Vans look sick but that's all they have going for them. Never going back.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #91 on: September 24, 2022, 08:01:27 PM »
@Uncle Flea

https://www.paradeworld.com/products/vans-x-the-simpsons-chukka-pro-skate-shoes-bart-blue-1-4633677824087/

I cant remember if you said you were looking for chukkas but heres a heinous blue pair for 80$ haha.

Lashes2ashes

• Rep: 7
« Reply #92 on: September 24, 2022, 11:25:26 PM »
I skated Vans' "pro" line for so long, mainly the Era's, and then the "skate" ones for awhile after they came out and I dug them. To try something different, I bought those new Emerica KSL G6's when they dropped however many months ago that was, and I seriously can barely handle walking around in Vans now. Talk about shoes with zero support even with the popcush insoles. And the heel part of the outsole melts so fast from semi-frequent heel braking. Doesn't even affect the soles of these KSL's. Cupsoles are where it's at, Vans look sick but that's all they have going for them. Never going back.
I just ordered those shoes, two quick questions for you, how is the sizing compared to vans. I ordered the same size so I’m hoping they fit, and what’s yours thoughts on the grip of the soles?

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #93 on: September 25, 2022, 08:47:22 AM »
The new skate line has been pretty good for me, I got some sk8his end of last year and somehow they’re still holding up and I haven’t put a hole in the side like I do immediately with Nike blazers. I am astonished at how long the sole has held up, I usually wear down my right heel pretty quickly but the shoes look solid as fuck. I can’t believe it. The half cabs I got are stiff as shit but feel like they might be just as durable, haven’t really started skating them yet tho.

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #94 on: September 25, 2022, 09:46:45 AM »
Skating some of the authentic lows for the first time and they're awesome, but the stiff heel bumper gave me a gnarly blister. They just need to break in and stretch out a little, and maybe I went too small (I'm between 8.5 and 9 in most shoes and should've gone with a 9), but I can tell they are built to last.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

logjammin

• Rep: 312
« Reply #95 on: September 25, 2022, 12:26:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I just ordered those shoes, two quick questions for you, how is the sizing compared to vans. I ordered the same size so I’m hoping they fit, and what’s yours thoughts on the grip of the soles?

They fit true to size so you're good. The outside seems perfectly grippy to me. If you got the black ones with the green outsole it will get on your grip a bit but I didn't mind

Lashes2ashes

« Reply #96 on: September 25, 2022, 01:30:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

They fit true to size so you're good. The outside seems perfectly grippy to me. If you got the black ones with the green outsole it will get on your grip a bit but I didn't mind
okay thanks!

McBrandt

• Rep: -13
« Reply #97 on: November 04, 2022, 09:43:42 AM »
Well, I went against the vast majority of opinions and custom ordered some Skate Eras in all suede. I figured since I size up a half size I wouldn't be afflicted by the general complaints, but upon first wear I found out I was wrong. The collar stabs into my achilles tendon and the shit hurts. I've never had a problem with Eras ever not feeling comfortable right out the box. For those of you that suffered through it, how long do I have to until these shits break in?

Lee Ralphs Dear Old Mum

« Reply #98 on: November 04, 2022, 09:26:22 PM »
How are the Half Cab 92s?

I usually skate NBs these day and the only Vans I currently like are the Rowans but the Chive Half Cabs 92s have a very nostalgic appeal for me...

Lashes2ashes

« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2022, 12:02:51 AM »

I usually skate NBs these day and the only Vans I currently like are the Rowans but the Chive Half Cabs 92s have a very nostalgic appeal for me...
have you skated the skate half cabs? They’re pretty much the same, it’s a few stitches as far as I can tell that is different lol. If you have ever skated half cabs there more stuff around the ankle now, I find them more supportive.

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
« Reply #100 on: November 05, 2022, 01:32:38 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
have you skated the skate half cabs? They’re pretty much the same, it’s a few stitches as far as I can tell that is different lol. If you have ever skated half cabs there more stuff around the ankle now, I find them more supportive.

92s fit different, the toe is wider.

fun fact i had 4 pairs of skate halfcabs (2 regular and 2 92) this year and they were alright, lasted about a month a pair, then i had a sample pair of skate sk8-lows and these shits were so much more durable, after a month i haven’t even worn through the rubber on the toe (which usually takes me like a week). it made me wonder if it was possible that they made the samples too good and the retail models aren’t that durable?
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Lee Ralphs Dear Old Mum

« Reply #101 on: November 05, 2022, 11:52:29 AM »
i've had plenty of Half Cabs and Half Cab pros but never the Skate line.

Anyway, had to get 'em for old times sake. 20% off from Daddies.

Thebird

• Rep: 152
« Reply #102 on: November 05, 2022, 01:16:04 PM »
May be the wrong thread, anyone know how the Crockett highs fit a wider foot?  Thanks

LebowskisRug

« Reply #103 on: November 05, 2022, 03:12:01 PM »
They fit well on me and I'm too wide for Nike, Cons, etc.

I ended up ditching them though. They get too floppy and aren't very supportive for a cup. On both shoes I wore through the foxing where the sole attaches to the shoe and had to glue them.

Thebird

• Rep: 152
« Reply #104 on: November 05, 2022, 03:50:46 PM »
Thanks for the feedback.  I believe that.  I've never had good luck with Vans being very durable.  I just liked the lokk of these so I figured I would ask.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 961
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #105 on: November 05, 2022, 07:21:13 PM »
Shoes are holding up. Finally took on the shape of my foot.

This shoe shows very little wear. If I got a half size up I'd had np major issues I think.

I'm definitely going to treat my feet better this winter. I probably gotta find a good cup sole
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)