Author Topic: Andrew Reynolds on NB#  (Read 108315 times)

DCLOVE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -483
Re: Andrew Reynolds on NB#
« Reply #150 on: September 05, 2022, 01:52:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Honestly, who knows if he’s on. 

According to my local skateshop, when Reynolds was moving on from Emerica, every big shoe (esp Adidas) was courting him and he’d try out every model they had.  This could just be a candid moment of that
[close]

I remeber that someone mentioned that the City Cup was supposed to be Reynolds Pro Model in Adidas

At this point I would love to see him back in Emerica, but I don't think it will happen.
[close]

I dont believe any of this rumors
Adidas city cup was probably in the making prior to him leaving emerica, just like we saw the 3st001-2-3-4 models in the feet of guys almost a year before they came out
He was sincere about skating only vans so he could get on, buying them with his own money till it worked

He was supposed to get on adidas wayyyy before he left emerica so it’s completely possible they had a shoe in the wings to show him while they were  courting him. Emerica pulled some magic and kept him for a couple more years but he was supposed to get on in 2016 with Daewon and Marc.

It’s actually interesting that they didn’t try again given they have Kader and he’s team mates with suciu through rvca.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #151 on: September 05, 2022, 02:46:15 PM »
People complaining about the N riding Nikes with 47 swooshes

and also NB make my big toe joint hurt for some reason

ALSO ALSO

I still bought the 288 sport on sale because im a sucker

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #152 on: September 05, 2022, 03:16:36 PM »
He doesn’t fit NB at all.
Wrong. He is a 40+ year old dad. That is the most classic NB demographic there is.

And these look like some Tiago pro models in the classic NB “dad shoe” grey, which is pretty on brand for all parties involved. Now correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think I’ve seen that color before. Kinda cool imo

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #153 on: September 05, 2022, 08:05:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

According to my local skateshop, when Reynolds was moving on from Emerica, every big shoe (esp Adidas) was courting him and he’d try out every model they had.  This could just be a candid moment of that
[close]

I remeber that someone mentioned that the City Cup was supposed to be Reynolds Pro Model in Adidas

At this point I would love to see him back in Emerica, but I don't think it will happen.
[close]

Adidas city cup was probably in the making prior to him leaving emerica, just like we saw the 3st001-2-3-4 models in the feet of guys almost a year before they came out
He was sincere about skating only vans so he could get on, buying them with his own money till it worked
[close]

He was supposed to get on adidas wayyyy before he left emerica so it’s completely possible they had a shoe in the wings to show him while they were  courting him. Emerica pulled some magic and kept him for a couple more years but he was supposed to get on in 2016 with Daewon and Marc.

It’s actually interesting that they didn’t try again given they have Kader and he’s team mates with suciu through rvca.

From the man at the local - he just didn’t like skating in them.  He tried every model and they wooed him hard, but he was function first

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #154 on: September 05, 2022, 08:32:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

From the man at the local - he just didn’t like skating in them.  He tried every model and they wooed him hard, but he was function first

Wasn’t Altamont his thing he got for staying? Or did I just make that up..

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #155 on: September 05, 2022, 09:25:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I think the Altamont thing was seperate because he was already on rvca for a while. I think the story/rumour is that sole tech wanted to stop doing Altamont and Reynolds wasn't happy and threatened to leave so they stopped doing es instead

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #156 on: September 05, 2022, 10:29:03 PM »
Expand Quote
I thought he was gonna ride LAKAI
[close]

Can’t see it.  He’s been sober for a while.
Top comment

eSK3

« Reply #157 on: September 06, 2022, 03:42:09 AM »
Tiago being the best dude right now with the best shoe out right now prob made Reynolds curious to try…he’s prob bummed asf he wasted so many years destroying his feet in low quality Emerica’s after lacing up the 1010. Would love to see him skate the Tiagos but definitely NOT on the team. He doesn’t fit the vibe and he’s rich so he can afford to buy them all at full price.

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -207
« Reply #158 on: September 06, 2022, 04:31:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Did Cab ask Stella out or something?
[close]

I laughed at this. My wife asked me why I laughed so hard. I had to explain who Reynolds is, his shoe sponsorship situation, Who Cab is, Cab’s popular  shoe, Cab’s dating situation, who Stella is, and how the joke is funny.

Basically no sex for me tonight.

I laughed, explained the entire situation to my wife, and then she asked for Cab's number. wtf

Not_Bruce

• Rep: -53
« Reply #159 on: September 06, 2022, 05:47:44 AM »
Tiago being the best dude right now with the best shoe out right now prob made Reynolds curious to try…he’s prob bummed asf he wasted so many years destroying his feet in low quality Emerica’s after lacing up the 1010. Would love to see him skate the Tiagos but definitely NOT on the team. He doesn’t fit the vibe and he’s rich so he can afford to buy them all at full price.

I would love to see Reynolds on NB , Tiago and Reynolds on the same team for skate geeks would be a very special moment. The best skater of the 2010s (Reynolds) with a dude who just might be that guy for the 2020s (Tiago).

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #160 on: September 06, 2022, 07:53:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
I think the Altamont thing was seperate because he was already on rvca for a while. I think the story/rumour is that sole tech wanted to stop doing Altamont and Reynolds wasn't happy and threatened to leave so they stopped doing es instead

Before the RVCA thing, he was going to go to Supra with Ellington and Greco in like 2006.  Sole Tech offered him his own clothing brand with 100% creative control and cash to source super good materials.  He stayed.  Aside from that, Es was not shut down because of Reynolds years later. 

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #161 on: September 06, 2022, 09:24:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I thought he was gonna ride LAKAI
[close]

Can’t see it.  He’s been sober for a while.
[close]
Top comment

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #162 on: September 06, 2022, 09:28:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Did Cab ask Stella out or something?
[close]

I laughed at this. My wife asked me why I laughed so hard. I had to explain who Reynolds is, his shoe sponsorship situation, Who Cab is, Cab’s popular  shoe, Cab’s dating situation, who Stella is, and how the joke is funny.

Basically no sex for me tonight.
[close]

I laughed, explained the entire situation to my wife, and then she asked for Cab's number. wtf

Get hungry on it Cab.

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
« Reply #163 on: September 06, 2022, 09:47:18 AM »
if nb put the boss and ryan lay on that'd be siqqqqq

spacial_profiling

• Rep: -88
« Reply #164 on: September 06, 2022, 10:12:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I would love to see Reynolds on NB , Tiago and Reynolds on the same team for skate geeks would be a very special moment. The best skater of the 2010s (Reynolds) with a dude who just might be that guy for the 2020s (Tiago).

They’re both on Ride The Best

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
« Reply #165 on: September 06, 2022, 10:54:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Wrong. He is a 40+ year old dad. That is the most classic NB demographic there is.

And these look like some Tiago pro models in the classic NB “dad shoe” grey, which is pretty on brand for all parties involved. Now correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think I’ve seen that color before. Kinda cool imo
Yup, those are Tiago's pro model. He's wearing the NB 1010 "Grey Days", which came out fairly recently. 

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1063
« Reply #166 on: September 06, 2022, 11:29:01 AM »
didn't  one of the first ads for the marquise 420 say something like "i want those dad shoes but skatable" in like a speech bubble?

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #167 on: September 06, 2022, 11:39:57 AM »
Vans should have had a Reynolds-designed pro model out before the ink dried on the deal in the first place.

FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #168 on: September 06, 2022, 11:40:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Before the RVCA thing, he was going to go to Supra with Ellington and Greco in like 2006.  Sole Tech offered him his own clothing brand with 100% creative control and cash to source super good materials.  He stayed.  Aside from that, Es was not shut down because of Reynolds years later.

Ah remember when Davis chinos were the hot pants of the era

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #169 on: September 06, 2022, 11:43:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Yup, those are Tiago's pro model. He's wearing the NB 1010 "Grey Days", which came out fairly recently. 

just waiting for the Reynolds NB# shoe now

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #170 on: September 06, 2022, 11:46:12 AM »
I heard he’s on SOUR now too

« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 03:21:17 PM by KGB »

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #171 on: September 06, 2022, 11:51:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Had one pair. First time wearing the hook thingy broke then the zipper then they started splitting in the taint all the way up the ass so I basically had just two seperate pants legs apart from a bit of waistband at the back and the little bit at the bottom of the fly where it's stitched really thick.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #172 on: September 06, 2022, 12:17:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
Had one pair. First time wearing the hook thingy broke then the zipper then they started splitting in the taint all the way up the ass so I basically had just two seperate pants legs apart from a bit of waistband at the back and the little bit at the bottom of the fly where it's stitched really thick.

Altamont clothes were definitely poorly made.   Better than 4star by a mile, but still…

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1
« Reply #173 on: September 06, 2022, 12:38:25 PM »
can anyone ID what pants Reynolds has been rocking as of late? they all look like the perfect slight baggy fit but I have a hard time beliving they are RVCA jeans
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

Buster_Poosey

• Rep: 8
« Reply #174 on: September 06, 2022, 12:47:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I’d rock those

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -483
« Reply #175 on: September 06, 2022, 01:01:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I’m pretty sure he was originally given altamont as concession for not leaving for Supra with Ellington and then yeah the original rumor was they killed of es and kept altamont.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #176 on: September 06, 2022, 01:04:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

the diamond and the 333 haha. i respect the detail in this piece of art.

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #177 on: September 06, 2022, 01:56:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

the diamond and the 333 haha. i respect the detail in this piece of art.

Haha take my money. I had those exact ones.

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #178 on: September 06, 2022, 02:55:09 PM »
If Reynolds is leaving Vans---well then Vans truly blew it at some point.

Also, someone early was talking about Stella Reynolds, I thought she was getting flowed from Element, but I don't see her on the team page. Did she go somewhere else?

https://elementbrand.com/team/

Is she actually on Krooked?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #179 on: September 06, 2022, 03:05:50 PM »
If Reynolds is leaving Vans---well then Vans truly blew it at some point.

Also, someone early was talking about Stella Reynolds, I thought she was getting flowed from Element, but I don't see her on the team page. Did she go somewhere else?

https://elementbrand.com/team/

Is she actually on Krooked?

She hasn’t been featured skating at all for a few years now.   She might have just moved on to a new interest as kids or wont to do or maybe she lives with her mom now.