Author Topic: Andrew Reynolds on NB#  (Read 108546 times)

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
Re: Andrew Reynolds on NB#
« Reply #180 on: September 06, 2022, 03:43:00 PM »
I noticed that she totally disappeared from Reynolds' Instagram and I figured she probably decided to have nothing to do with the spotlight.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Ricky Vaughn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #181 on: September 06, 2022, 05:11:41 PM »
Maybe Stella got her groove back.
Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #182 on: September 06, 2022, 05:18:51 PM »
If Reynolds is leaving Vans---well then Vans truly blew it at some point.

Also, someone early was talking about Stella Reynolds, I thought she was getting flowed from Element, but I don't see her on the team page. Did she go somewhere else?

https://elementbrand.com/team/

Is she actually on Krooked?

Her stint on Element was pretty short lived, and she got on REAL pretty quickly, and even had her own Am Edition Oval Deck.

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
« Reply #183 on: September 06, 2022, 07:17:08 PM »
Maybe Stella got her groove back.

Fell in love with a Jamaican boy named Winston Shakespeare. Yes I read that book.

Clemskiba

• Rep: 50
  • almost canadian
« Reply #184 on: September 06, 2022, 08:31:26 PM »

just waiting for the Reynolds NB# shoe now

i'll take three pairs of these

We're all posting on a message board in 2022. We're all losers.

Skateboard Shuffle

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 136
« Reply #185 on: September 06, 2022, 09:48:45 PM »
Tiago being the best dude right now with the best shoe out right now prob made Reynolds curious to try

Reynolds try-curious confirmed.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #186 on: September 07, 2022, 05:57:17 AM »
I'm stoked on this. Would be awesome if it turns out this way. It's kind of a relief for me. I can stop buying Half Cabs now.lol Reynolds is the only reason I started skating half cabs. He reppd' so hard.  Picking up some 1010's or 808's soon.

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #187 on: September 07, 2022, 06:00:15 AM »
Expand Quote
If Reynolds is leaving Vans---well then Vans truly blew it at some point.

Also, someone early was talking about Stella Reynolds, I thought she was getting flowed from Element, but I don't see her on the team page. Did she go somewhere else?

https://elementbrand.com/team/

Is she actually on Krooked?
[close]

Her stint on Element was pretty short lived, and she got on REAL pretty quickly, and even had her own Am Edition Oval Deck.

Whoa I didn't know she got one of those boards on Real. I have no recollection of that at all. Thanks for filling in the gaps.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
« Reply #188 on: September 07, 2022, 10:46:51 AM »
Reynolds, Hawk and Cab are legends but they’re old. I don’t think they can ditch Cab because his shoe is a big seller. But as much as I like the other two I don’t see how you build around them at their age. Even AVE and Rowley are old. As much as everyone here finds Berle annoying he’s consistently putting out good shit. Same with Kwalks.

If it were me I’d offer Curren (basically the most Vans dude ever) and Sandoval shoes. maybe sign TFunk, cause I think he’s fit.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
« Reply #189 on: September 07, 2022, 12:47:10 PM »
Reynolds, Hawk and Cab are legends but they’re old. I don’t think they can ditch Cab because his shoe is a big seller. But as much as I like the other two I don’t see how you build around them at their age. Even AVE and Rowley are old. As much as everyone here finds Berle annoying he’s consistently putting out good shit. Same with Kwalks.

If it were me I’d offer Curren (basically the most Vans dude ever) and Sandoval shoes. maybe sign TFunk, cause I think he’s fit.

I'd argue that Reynolds, Hawk and Cab have more reliable fans with way more disposable income and are able to more easily reach to general consumers and not just skaters.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 04:56:17 PM by TwisT »

Captain Creampie

• Rep: -8
« Reply #190 on: September 08, 2022, 12:13:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'd argue that Reynolds, Hawk and Cab have more reliable fans with way more disposable income and are able to more easily reach to general consumers and not just skaters.

I would say the Boss has carved a himself a great spot in the last few years and is doing a great job at keeping his career alive and deserves to be able to have input into a brand such as Vans, but with these recent brand changes and his high price tag then maybe thats what’s happening there and should NB be offering a signature shoe then it’s time to bounce! Seems that’s their brand strategy from recent interviews with their footwear designers.

On AVE I fully disagree here, whatever he puts out is amazing, truly one of the great . The others yeah get it but you can add Kwalks to that list too! Who cares what he puts out there. Can’t help but get annoyed just seeing that geezers face mate

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #191 on: September 08, 2022, 12:38:15 AM »
I always felt as though Vans prefer to work with people from the start of their careers, and they seem to be pretty loyal to that group.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #192 on: September 08, 2022, 10:23:59 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I don’t know about the rest of you guys but I go through skate shoes way slower than I used to

Jebediah

• Rep: 115
« Reply #193 on: September 08, 2022, 10:31:53 AM »
Same, and a board lasts me forever. I only go through 2-3 a year now.

truthislie

• Rep: 58
« Reply #194 on: September 08, 2022, 11:20:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
I don’t know about the rest of you guys but I go through skate shoes way slower than I used to

Same here but when I skated more I almost exclusively bought shoes on sale. Now I find myself splurging on the latest models since I don’t destroy them that fast. Back in the day I never bought a 95 euro half cab.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 680
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #195 on: September 08, 2022, 11:39:03 AM »
i am pretty sure my stuff lasts me way longer now cause i do a lot less flip tricks

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #196 on: September 08, 2022, 12:19:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Same here but when I skated more I almost exclusively bought shoes on sale. Now I find myself splurging on the latest models since I don’t destroy them that fast. Back in the day I never bought a 95 euro half cab.
I’m the opposite- went through like four pairs of Sheep in a year because I liked Ed Templeton. Back then I had no obligations to spend money on anything but skate stuff. The other thing we’re all ignoring is teenagers. I buy my kid more shoes than I buy for myself. Kinda glad he doesn’t skate. If he did though I don’t think he’d be stoked on Reynolds shoes. He watches videos now and then and Deeds or AA are the guys he likes.

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #197 on: September 08, 2022, 12:38:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Im a 33 years old fanof all of them but I will not buy a shitty shoe or overpriced pair cause of it

Been wanting to skate in tiagos shoe for years but the nb distro doesn't exist anymore in my country so I must pay taxes and shipping... I'd rather buy shit for my family than a 200 usd shoe to skate on

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #198 on: September 08, 2022, 06:06:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Im a 33 years old fanof all of them but I will not buy a shitty shoe or overpriced pair cause of it

Been wanting to skate in tiagos shoe for years but the nb distro doesn't exist anymore in my country so I must pay taxes and shipping... I'd rather buy shit for my family than a 200 usd shoe to skate on

That really sucks but I think that’s a problem independent of the shoe cost discussion in general and rather an import/distribution problem

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 167
« Reply #200 on: September 09, 2022, 11:39:43 AM »
Was he potentially trying the shoe on the low as his Vans contract situation plays out, and Spanky accidentally spilt the beans?

Or has Vans quickly seen the folly in their ways and done right by Reynolds?

FrenchSkater

• Rep: 28
« Reply #201 on: September 09, 2022, 12:23:04 PM »

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #202 on: September 09, 2022, 12:28:40 PM »

It remains to be seen whether it is a recent clip or not !

The sky is grey and he’s not sweating profusely , no way this was filmed any time in the last 2 weeks cause it’s been way too hot to skate anywhere In LA
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

FrenchSkater

• Rep: 28
« Reply #203 on: September 09, 2022, 12:33:01 PM »
Expand Quote

It remains to be seen whether it is a recent clip or not !
[close]

The sky is grey and he’s not sweating profusely , no way this was filmed any time in the last 2 weeks cause it’s been way too hot to skate anywhere In LA

Maybe in the year, he had this line that he didn't use and decided to post it .. we'll see! To return to the subject, I may be crazy, but I would rather see Reynolds on New Balance than Vans! I don't know why.. I already imagine a magnificent pro model! I'm still shocked that Vans haven't done anything to it but a colorway..

« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 01:29:43 PM by FrenchSkater »

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 265
Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

quesly

• Rep: 14
« Reply #205 on: September 09, 2022, 02:42:07 PM »
I think its a lot more likely that Reynolds just thinks Tiagos are comfy and wears them as chillers than he's trying to trick everyone into thinking he's still on Vans by putting out an IG post with old footage.

kinjjibo

• Rep: -8
« Reply #206 on: September 09, 2022, 03:46:19 PM »
I think its a lot more likely that Reynolds just thinks Tiagos are comfy and wears them as chillers than he's trying to trick everyone into thinking he's still on Vans by putting out an IG post with old footage.
I think it would be sicker if he got on NB#, but this is most likely the real reason.

I remember back like 7/8 years ago seeing photos of Jerry Hsu wearing Chuck Taylors, even though he was on Emerica for at least another 2 years. They're just shoes, most brands probably don't care as long as you aren't filmed in another brand's shoes. Koston was wearing Nike while on eS and Lakai all the time.

flintstagram

• Rep: 84
« Reply #207 on: September 09, 2022, 08:35:50 PM »
Koston was wearing Nike while on eS and Lakai all the time.

Yeah, and look at how that turned out… haha  ;D

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1596
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #208 on: September 09, 2022, 08:50:39 PM »
He is probably trying out different shoes to inform what he plans to do with his pro model. During the Hot Chocolate tour, MJ was wearing Reebok, even though he was on tour with lakai dudes while he was on the lakai team.

I expect he is going to make a great shoe that is more robust than a simple vulc that hurts our feet.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #209 on: September 09, 2022, 09:07:26 PM »
This isn’t the 90s though, I doubt he’d allow someone to put him up on insta in NB# without a reason, esp considering how closely sponsors follow and curate their riders’ social media.
It still weirds me out to not see him on emerica, but I think NB# would be a good match for him and his style.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year