Author Topic: Andrew Reynolds on NB#  (Read 108440 times)

camel filters

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1290
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Andrew Reynolds on NB#
« Reply #630 on: December 03, 2022, 10:25:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So what do you bet the 1010 gets a few tweaks and becomes the Reynolds?
[close]
that’s what I’m thinking. That’s all he’s been skating and that’s what happened with vans kinda with that half cab colorway
[close]
If the few tweaks could be making it a mid at least one person (me) would be buying a few pairs. Come on NB# you know it makes sense you got that thin cupsole 440 now make one with some muscle
[close]
not a fan of the 1010s personally. I’ve skated vans for the last like 6 years (but I just got these 440s and they’re so good) but I will say I think a mid 1010 would look really sick
[close]

I skated Half Cabs for forever and at first wasn't into the 1010, but now I feel that it's a modern half cab- a bulkier shoe that still has a thinner upper in the forefoot and emphasizes rearfoot padding and protection. When I put my Half Cabs on they feel flexier, but the added bulk over a normal Vans seems superfluous.
[close]
Also mostly wear vans. Halfcabs probably second as far as most pairs of same shoe I've had but I don't think I'll ever get them again unless a cupsole version comes out. They're kinda the worst of both worlds.
[close]
The newer skate cabs? Damn some of you guys must have the worst feet/knees in the world cause those new cabs have been feeling nice and cushioned from start of life to the end for me. I have no doubt the 1010 is even better support wise but thicker shoes always end up tiring my feet not out of lack of support but the less consistent skating I do in them, since I'm trying everything a few more times before landing. I do skate cups til theyre dead so it's not a breaking in issue. Typing it out sounds crazy but this has been my genuine experience. TLDR: I like that half cabs are a thicker shoe that still keep some thin shoe characteristics.
[close]
Nah I haven't try the newest ones yet. The last ones just felt like I was wearing ankle weights or something like the heel/ Achilles was so much heavier than the rest of the shoe. For me it's not even about having super padding I just want the shoe proportional/even. If they redid the 92 halfcabs again those would prob be fine
Not sure if you mean these but they actually redid a version of the 92 half cabs with the different toe stitching. They did not feel any different form the normal updated skate half cabs tho.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #631 on: December 03, 2022, 10:33:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
that’s what I’m thinking. That’s all he’s been skating and that’s what happened with vans kinda with that half cab colorway
[close]
If the few tweaks could be making it a mid at least one person (me) would be buying a few pairs. Come on NB# you know it makes sense you got that thin cupsole 440 now make one with some muscle
[close]
not a fan of the 1010s personally. I’ve skated vans for the last like 6 years (but I just got these 440s and they’re so good) but I will say I think a mid 1010 would look really sick
[close]

I skated Half Cabs for forever and at first wasn't into the 1010, but now I feel that it's a modern half cab- a bulkier shoe that still has a thinner upper in the forefoot and emphasizes rearfoot padding and protection. When I put my Half Cabs on they feel flexier, but the added bulk over a normal Vans seems superfluous.
[close]
Also mostly wear vans. Halfcabs probably second as far as most pairs of same shoe I've had but I don't think I'll ever get them again unless a cupsole version comes out. They're kinda the worst of both worlds.
[close]
The newer skate cabs? Damn some of you guys must have the worst feet/knees in the world cause those new cabs have been feeling nice and cushioned from start of life to the end for me. I have no doubt the 1010 is even better support wise but thicker shoes always end up tiring my feet not out of lack of support but the less consistent skating I do in them, since I'm trying everything a few more times before landing. I do skate cups til theyre dead so it's not a breaking in issue. Typing it out sounds crazy but this has been my genuine experience. TLDR: I like that half cabs are a thicker shoe that still keep some thin shoe characteristics.
[close]
Nah I haven't try the newest ones yet. The last ones just felt like I was wearing ankle weights or something like the heel/ Achilles was so much heavier than the rest of the shoe. For me it's not even about having super padding I just want the shoe proportional/even. If they redid the 92 halfcabs again those would prob be fine
[close]
Not sure if you mean these but they actually redid a version of the 92 half cabs with the different toe stitching. They did not feel any different form the normal updated skate half cabs tho.

Yeah in I think 07 I got a few pairs of the og's, possibly a 15 year re release thing I wasn't paying too much attention back then tho so don't know, but they weren't all nerf balled out in the tounge and collar. I've seen the new ones and they just look like current halfcabs with a dif toe panel the ones in thinking of were prob closer to a Sk8 mid. A Sk8 medium low would be more accurate

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 795
« Reply #632 on: December 04, 2022, 06:57:11 AM »
i just got this exact pair and they fit extremely tight.  anyone else have the 92 halfcabs?  do they loosen up after a bit?  the tongue is super fat. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

LebowskisRug

« Reply #633 on: December 04, 2022, 07:22:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Yah I've had several pairs of the new skate Half Cabs and really like them. I might have better flip tricks in them. But the Popcush doesn't do it for me and the heels pack out, there are others on here who had the rear collar split as I did, and it's still Vans. My most recent pair had the fixing delam from the bottom of the shoe.

The Tiago is pretty flexible in the toebox although not as much as a Half Cab. The rear is way more supportive and comparing the shoes side to side it's not much thicker as they both have a lot of rear collar padding. The Tiago padding is more form fitting and made of better materials so you really don't notice it after the first week. They also last forever and don't pack out. They're more expensive but not by much and always on sale.

Warmup

• Rep: -16
« Reply #634 on: December 04, 2022, 07:39:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
High school me would have been tripping if I knew one day Reynolds would be skating in baggy jeans and gray New Balances.
[close]

Shut the fuck up no you wouldn’t lol. You would’ve had your mom grab you a straight fit pair of anchor blue jeans at the mall.
[close]

Anchore Blue "Beyond Baggy" jeans had a chokehold on me and my crew in Jr. High. Classic brand in the mid-late 90's.

Joe Davola

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 60
« Reply #635 on: December 04, 2022, 02:51:48 PM »
Pardon my French, but comparing a halfcab to a 1010 is one of the silliest things I’ve ever heard.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #636 on: December 04, 2022, 03:46:38 PM »
happy for reynolds i guess

but still can’t believe people choose shoes with a giant N on the side
so you know nothing about sneakers then yeah?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 764
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #637 on: December 04, 2022, 04:04:51 PM »
13 0 5 5

I’d go for New Balance 80085

nothing's been the since same

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #638 on: December 08, 2022, 04:25:16 AM »
Expand Quote
It's a Reynolds NB 8055 or nothin'
[close]
Oh God, that's freaking genius
They gotta do this

jsettle

• Rep: 134
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #639 on: December 08, 2022, 01:13:06 PM »

MetalAnkleMan

• Rep: 17
« Reply #640 on: December 08, 2022, 01:15:15 PM »
Thats a sick ad, excited to see what The Boss and New Balance cook up!!

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2231
« Reply #641 on: December 08, 2022, 01:19:49 PM »
Reynolds eats fruits confirmed.

Pastasash

• Rep: 74
« Reply #642 on: December 08, 2022, 01:36:38 PM »
Best announcement ad ever, cus we all know Reynolds eats fruits.

Loved that they kept the OG NB ads style for it too.

Now if we don’t get a mfing pro shoe….

MetalAnkleMan

• Rep: 17
« Reply #643 on: December 08, 2022, 02:48:23 PM »

Go to his insta and look at the RVCA post, he answered someone saying its coming

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 398
« Reply #644 on: December 08, 2022, 03:07:29 PM »
Awesome ad!

RoughStylin

• Rep: 33
« Reply #645 on: December 08, 2022, 03:17:04 PM »
For those who don’t like it cryptic

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #646 on: December 08, 2022, 06:37:39 PM »
Looks like a grown up SOTY trophy

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #647 on: December 08, 2022, 06:51:37 PM »
Stoked to for Reynolds and stoked for new balance. This makes sense. And excited to see maybe some more Reynolds footy and maybe a pro model

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #648 on: December 08, 2022, 10:26:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

Yah I've had several pairs of the new skate Half Cabs and really like them. I might have better flip tricks in them. But the Popcush doesn't do it for me and the heels pack out, there are others on here who had the rear collar split as I did, and it's still Vans. My most recent pair had the fixing delam from the bottom of the shoe.

The Tiago is pretty flexible in the toebox although not as much as a Half Cab. The rear is way more supportive and comparing the shoes side to side it's not much thicker as they both have a lot of rear collar padding. The Tiago padding is more form fitting and made of better materials so you really don't notice it after the first week. They also last forever and don't pack out. They're more expensive but not by much and always on sale.

Half Cab rear collar split w/in 3 wears... minor issue / non-impactful to the shoe's skatability, but just shows poor QA w/in the product line at Vans

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
« Reply #649 on: December 08, 2022, 11:44:19 PM »
Shout-out fruits

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #650 on: December 09, 2022, 12:49:59 AM »
Also, good timing to (potentially) start paying for Stella’s college tuition

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #651 on: December 09, 2022, 04:04:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

Half Cab rear collar split w/in 3 wears... minor issue / non-impactful to the shoe's skatability, but just shows poor QA w/in the product line at Vans

I’ve talked about this a lot on here and I’ve only ever seen this happen to the black and white pair of the new half cabs and I think it’s just cause that back collar is canva.  I’ve skated several pairs since and it has not happened. I just started wearing the chive pair (still skating the burgandy) but I’ll just quote that post.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Split my half cabs in the back putting them on last night. Yeah, didn’t untie them and crammed my foot in. Rip is minor, I don’t care. BUT…I’ve put a million shoes on like that and this is the first to rip/split.
[close]
Get a little bit of leather or suede and super glue it over the split like a band aid. It's happened for me on every pair of halfcab pros I've had. Fuck undoing the laces.
[close]

I also never undo my laces and I'm skating my fourth pair of the new skate half cabs in a row (I love them - prior to these I was skating the classic half cab black and whites a couple in a row). I've only had them split on my first pair (Black and white pair) and I only think it happened cause that back part is canvas.

Maybe if your careful putting your shoes on it won't happen, but it didn't really change how the shoe skated for me. I still liked them a lot.

After that I skated these for a couple months and retired them once they were all messed up and I flicked through the toe, but I never split the back

Then skated these a few months and it didn't happen either

Now I'm skating these about a month and it's not happening.

I think it just happens with that one shoe because the back collar is canvas. Pretty much all the others have had suede collars. Please keep in mind all of these are pics of when they were brand new. I do skate things until they are really messed up, but these shoes last. Either way I love the new half cab and I will skate them until they stop making them.

nollieheelnoseslide

• Rep: 0
« Reply #652 on: December 09, 2022, 05:13:52 AM »
Pardon my French, but comparing a halfcab to a 1010 is one of the silliest things I’ve ever heard.

Definitely. The half cab is one of the most overrated and ugly shoes ever made.

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 280
« Reply #653 on: December 09, 2022, 05:34:18 AM »
That's a very phallic fruitbag

slapcurbsnotwomen

• Rep: 18
« Reply #654 on: December 09, 2022, 06:06:56 AM »
He got a NB ad in the Am scramble issue “New boss, New balance”
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 06:28:20 AM by slapcurbsnotwomen »

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1290
« Reply #655 on: December 09, 2022, 06:54:29 AM »
For those who don’t like it cryptic
He looks like a dog with abandonment issues from his last sponsor. "I don't get it...I skated my ass off...I own a popular company with lots of influence...they said...youre no beatrice..."

Pastasash

• Rep: 74
« Reply #656 on: December 09, 2022, 07:06:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

I’ve talked about this a lot on here and I’ve only ever seen this happen to the black and white pair of the new half cabs and I think it’s just cause that back collar is canva.  I’ve skated several pairs since and it has not happened. I just started wearing the chive pair (still skating the burgandy) but I’ll just quote that post.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Split my half cabs in the back putting them on last night. Yeah, didn’t untie them and crammed my foot in. Rip is minor, I don’t care. BUT…I’ve put a million shoes on like that and this is the first to rip/split.
[close]
Get a little bit of leather or suede and super glue it over the split like a band aid. It's happened for me on every pair of halfcab pros I've had. Fuck undoing the laces.
[close]

I also never undo my laces and I'm skating my fourth pair of the new skate half cabs in a row (I love them - prior to these I was skating the classic half cab black and whites a couple in a row). I've only had them split on my first pair (Black and white pair) and I only think it happened cause that back part is canvas.

Maybe if your careful putting your shoes on it won't happen, but it didn't really change how the shoe skated for me. I still liked them a lot.

After that I skated these for a couple months and retired them once they were all messed up and I flicked through the toe, but I never split the back

Then skated these a few months and it didn't happen either

Now I'm skating these about a month and it's not happening.

I think it just happens with that one shoe because the back collar is canvas. Pretty much all the others have had suede collars. Please keep in mind all of these are pics of when they were brand new. I do skate things until they are really messed up, but these shoes last. Either way I love the new half cab and I will skate them until they stop making them.
[close]

Yeah that split in the back happened to both of my shoes on my Beef and Broccoli pair. I couldn't skate em for more than a month since the collars were way too stiff and uncomfortable for me, think that's probably why it split in the back, the canvas material with the lack of flexible cushioning in the collars/padding makes it rip easily. Gave my pair away to a kid.

Expand Quote

[close]

Go to his insta and look at the RVCA post, he answered someone saying its coming

Just peeped that, so sick, can't wait to see what it looks like!

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #657 on: December 09, 2022, 09:44:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Definitely. The half cab is one of the most overrated and ugly shoes ever made.

Part of why I love half cabs so much is how fucked up they look lol of course they’re ugly they’ve always been. Why would a shoe look like this?

1010 are not similar to half cabs at all but I bought a pair when they first came out in that first color way that was supposed to be like the white colorway of guys axion shoe. Then when I wore them with baggy light denim wranglers expecting to look cool like Tiago but I just looked like my wife’s uncle John. Just quintessential dad vibes. Uncle John is pretty good at basketball but he’s not like the picture of cool aside from him being cool if you know him. I mostly just wore them to take my dog out and my daughter on long walks and doing errands. I recent bought an all black pair that don’t like so ridiculous on me because I wanted a pair I could pull off better than the white pair but I used them for the same shit that I would do in the white ones. Great shoes very comfy and I can skate in them I just love half cabs and they’re my go to.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2231
« Reply #658 on: December 09, 2022, 12:29:55 PM »
He got a NB ad in the Am scramble issue “New boss, New balance”

Huh, you don't say. I wonder where we could possibly see a picture of that ad....?

fullyloaded

• Rep: 0
  • yaaaass
« Reply #659 on: December 09, 2022, 10:37:30 PM »
his on!