Author Topic: Andrew Reynolds on NB#  (Read 108133 times)

Tireeedd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 27
Re: Andrew Reynolds on NB#
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2022, 10:38:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Did Cab ask Stella out or something?
[close]

I laughed at this. My wife asked me why I laughed so hard. I had to explain who Reynolds is, his shoe sponsorship situation, Who Cab is, Cab’s popular  shoe, Cab’s dating situation, who Stella is, and how the joke is funny.

Basically no sex for me tonight.
[close]

I laughed at your story, glad no one was around

This is gold

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2022, 10:55:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Did Cab ask Stella out or something?
[close]

I laughed at this. My wife asked me why I laughed so hard. I had to explain who Reynolds is, his shoe sponsorship situation, Who Cab is, Cab’s popular  shoe, Cab’s dating situation, who Stella is, and how the joke is funny.

Basically no sex for me tonight.
[close]

I laughed at your story about telling your wife all of that, and my missus asked why. I went with not telling her. I might have sex tonight.
i told my wife about this and she said it was epic and full of win so my dinner tonight will be bacon, steaks and blowjobs

doublesteveburger

« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2022, 11:09:41 PM »
Gonna go out of my way to interrupt my girl telling me about her day by me telling her something funny I read today.

I have a deathwish and really don’t give a shit anymore.

mamba

• Rep: 134
  • Sucka free
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2022, 12:04:25 AM »
Vans has the legacy and all that but they are so generic it hurts.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2022, 12:11:16 AM »
Vans has the legacy and all that but they are so generic it hurts.
They are like skateboardings Heinz or Campbell's.

Maybe giving Rowley too much credit but imagine if they never put him on. Vans would just of been like sketchers or airwalks

Ride it to dust

• Rep: 54
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2022, 12:21:53 AM »
Vans are cookie cutter shit that have had their day. Rolled my ankle last pair i skated too so fuck ‘em and thier shitty platform, door-wedge insoles.  not having another penny of my money

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2022, 01:13:32 AM »
Gonna go out of my way to interrupt my girl telling me about her day by me telling her something funny I read today.

I have a deathwish and really don’t give a shit anymore.

literally interrupted my girl mid sentence to tell her this news and she had no idea what the fuck any of it meant 

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2022, 01:30:35 AM »
The mirror I eat in front of literally told me this the same time I was telling them

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2022, 01:38:32 AM »
crazy they let reynolds go but keep alot of dead weight, and people who have had pro models that stunk and ended up in the sales bin

Berle comes to mind easily.
Super Champion Fun Zone

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2022, 01:42:07 AM »
Expand Quote
He’s the greatest of all time and Vans absolutely blew it by not aligning themselves with him 100%

I mean, It’s Andrew fucken Reynolds, and you just give him a colourway? How a brand like Vans can claim to be this legacy skate brand and blow this is beyond me.

I’m just showing my age I know, but I miss him in Emerica.
[close]

also Hawk hasn't been listed on their site for several months now too, looks like a bunch of corpo geniuses over there (see the vans layoff thread). 

fully convinced Vans is completely blowing it now, and gonna start bracing myself for a downward turn in regards to quality, availability, and just their skate program in general.  expect your favorite shoes to get cancelled or be made with shit materials.  they're being run from a boardroom.  we've all seen this before.

good thing Last Resort exists

And it's a shame that LRAB just make mediocre quality shoes that do look mostly pleasing... if they were made better and weren't frumpy, I think LRAB would be even better to take a Vans or Cons spot. At least for skater owned/run type thing.
Super Champion Fun Zone

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2022, 02:09:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He’s the greatest of all time and Vans absolutely blew it by not aligning themselves with him 100%

I mean, It’s Andrew fucken Reynolds, and you just give him a colourway? How a brand like Vans can claim to be this legacy skate brand and blow this is beyond me.

[close]

also Hawk hasn't been listed on their site for several months now too, looks like a bunch of corpo geniuses over there (see the vans layoff thread). 

fully convinced Vans is completely blowing it now, and gonna start bracing myself for a downward turn in regards to quality, availability, and just their skate program in general.  expect your favorite shoes to get cancelled or be made with shit materials.  they're being run from a boardroom.  we've all seen this before.

good thing Last Resort exists
[close]

And it's a shame that LRAB just make mediocre quality shoes that do look mostly pleasing... if they were made better and weren't frumpy, I think LRAB would be even better to take a Vans or Cons spot. At least for skater owned/run type thing.
Can't see lrab ever taking vans or cons spot at least while keeping their general image/remaining what they are but I can see them being successful enough that in a few years we get a bunch of other smaller shoe brands like the small board brand boom of the 2010s. Maybe it will go back to the 90s/00s thing of each group of brands having their own shoe company

thehogsniper

• Rep: 54
« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2022, 02:37:14 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Honestly I didn't even notice Hawk was off Vans. He's still wearing them rn. It doesn't make a lick of sense for Vans to have overlooked him. I know Reynolds is a legend and nobody is arguing his value, but Hawk is the most marketable skateboarder in history. Why would you not give him a single signature show, or even just one color way?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2022, 04:00:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Honestly I didn't even notice Hawk was off Vans. He's still wearing them rn. It doesn't make a lick of sense for Vans to have overlooked him. I know Reynolds is a legend and nobody is arguing his value, but Hawk is the most marketable skateboarder in history. Why would you not give him a single signature show, or even just one color way?

He’s marketable outside of skating, but I don’t think skaters are racing to buy products with his name on it.   His Lakai shoe was one of their better looking models, but I don’t think it was a top seller.   

My guess is Reynolds and Hawk had 3 year contracts and they saw them through.   Reynolds had to jump through a lot of hoops to get on and maybe Vans thinks their money is better tied to getting younger skaters on the team than two 40+ year olds (Not saying I personally agree) who are too active to be on a legends roster.   

Reynolds on Vans does feel like a missed opportunity even if it was great while it lasted.  It’ll be some trivia question we remember in 10 years and wonder why such an obvious pairing didn’t make more magic together

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2022, 04:20:50 AM »
If this is true it’s pretty wild. Still on the team page but he got on July of 2020 so a 2 year deal. We got 3 color ways and a welcome clip. Reynolds is a legend, had iconic shoes on emerica, and also owns one of the bigger brands in skating. Vans really dropped the ball by not leveraging that and having him design a shoe.

Would rather see him on NB than Nike or Adidas. Neither brand is really making an effort or super active promoting their riders or developing new shoes.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2022, 04:31:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Didn’t gave much about one picture with NB.
But I had bigger expectations from Vans / Reynolds
collaboration then just some halfcab color way.
At least some new classic pro shoe/ full softgood line and a dedicated video project.
So I am little disappointed- and I think  Andrew had expected little more from that deal too.
Ok Corona was happening - but absolutely no output product and project wise - it was useless to buy him out from emerica.
[close]

Dude, chill. The man is nearing 40 (or is he already 40?), and put out tons of footage wearing Vans and was posting shoes and tagging Vans like crazy on his instagram, had two colourways come out and should have more soon (if he's still on). I think they both got their money's worth.

hes 44

i am glad hes on NB. vans has BEEN ass for time, i was never on that band wagon. the only thing worth while on their line is their shoes for snow skating cause literally no one else is doing it.
ONTARIO CANADA

fs5050

• Rep: -10
« Reply #75 on: September 04, 2022, 05:13:42 AM »
Good for the boss. More comfortable shoes, sounds like better management. Maybe he could put some emerica style input in and tell the design people to make the giant “N” varying sizes or embroider it in different spots/ sizes like back towards the heel on the emerica Reynold’s 3 instead of just more giant N’s that you can hardly look away from

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2022, 05:27:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

He’s marketable outside of skating, but I don’t think skaters are racing to buy products with his name on it.   His Lakai shoe was one of their better looking models, but I don’t think it was a top seller.

Yeah, I have a difficult time believing that Hawk moved the needle on Vans sales one bit, but I do know that the Reynolds Half-Cab colorway was super popular at my local skatepark. Even BMX dudes were wearing them.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2022, 05:54:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Yeah, I have a difficult time believing that Hawk moved the needle on Vans sales one bit, but I do know that the Reynolds Half-Cab colorway was super popular at my local skatepark. Even BMX dudes were wearing them.
What about hawk moving sales as the tony hawk video game franchise? If it really gets as many people get into skating/skateboarding culture as people claim maybe it boosted interest in the shoes.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #78 on: September 04, 2022, 06:12:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
What about hawk moving sales as the tony hawk video game franchise? If it really gets as many people get into skating/skateboarding culture as people claim maybe it boosted interest in the shoes.

There's nothing in that which can be quantifiably shown to increase the sale of Vans shoes.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #79 on: September 04, 2022, 06:18:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah but that was 20 years ago.   When Boom Boom Huck Jams, Birdhouse, Hawk Shoes were a bit more relevant.   All that stuff faded away and Tony’s become more core since then

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: September 04, 2022, 06:23:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Yeah but that was 20 years ago.   When Boom Boom Huck Jams, Birdhouse, Hawk Shoes were a bit more relevant.   All that stuff faded away and Tony’s become more core since then
I meant the game that came out last year. Thinking it's why vans even put him on at all. Just for the advertising in the game.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #81 on: September 04, 2022, 06:39:41 AM »
Not really sure what happened at Emerica when Reynolds, Jerry & Herman left/were dropped but IMO it should have never happened. I still have a bunch of Emerica Reynolds G6s. I love that shoe. I'm pretty over Vans personally. They have some cool shoes but they've kinda lost their appeal to me. I'll stick mainly to Emericas. I much rather support them than Vans. Last Resort would be cool to support also but all their current models are too narrow for me to buy again.

Baby on Board

• Rep: 33
« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2022, 06:56:08 AM »
Reynolds skating in 440’s… now that’s all I want to see

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2022, 07:17:45 AM »
Vans' skate line works really well with my feet but their skate division makes some baffling decisions. Also, how do you have your shoes on a majority of feet in major countries and still report a loss?

alonelikeastone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
  • 608z.
    • Meh. avatar image
« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2022, 07:31:16 AM »
Vans still has Kader on the team page. 
So there is that. 

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2022, 07:41:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
I meant the game that came out last year. Thinking it's why vans even put him on at all. Just for the advertising in the game.

It was something to do with the contest series originally.

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -37
« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2022, 08:14:14 AM »
Reynolds is one of the most, if not the most respected, admired, and influential skateboarders of all time. I don't think I've ever heard someone talk negatively about his skating, fits, style, businesses, legacy, and more.

It is wild to me that Vans wouldn't bend over backwards to accommodate and give Reynolds opportunities to do what he does best. He still commands sales, and I think NB getting a hold of him has huge potential to solidify them as real players in the skate shoe market.

A Reynolds clip in the Tom Knox high top joints would be sick.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2022, 08:20:29 AM »
Vans' skate line works really well with my feet but their skate division makes some baffling decisions. Also, how do you have your shoes on a majority of feet in major countries and still report a loss?

They made a profit. Just not as much as the prior year. The Vans management team committed to a budget that they did not meet and VF decided to reduce staff as a result.

dannyprovolone

« Reply #88 on: September 04, 2022, 08:22:00 AM »
obviously more than meets the eye here. but imagine caring about who rides for vans.
nb prob just gave him a great offer

quackquack

• Rep: -379
« Reply #89 on: September 04, 2022, 08:43:10 AM »
Vans still has Kader on the team page. 
So there is that.

Oh, the places you'll go.