Author Topic: Andrew Reynolds on NB#  (Read 108053 times)

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 61
Re: Andrew Reynolds on NB#
« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2022, 08:45:52 AM »
If this is true it’s pretty wild. Still on the team page but he got on July of 2020 so a 2 year deal. We got 3 color ways and a welcome clip. Reynolds is a legend, had iconic shoes on emerica, and also owns one of the bigger brands in skating. Vans really dropped the ball by not leveraging that and having him design a shoe.

Would rather see him on NB than Nike or Adidas. Neither brand is really making an effort or super active promoting their riders or developing new shoes.

Not developing new shoes I agree with, but on Instagram adidas pushes whoever has something coming out a bunch, im talking almost every post is focused on one person

I personally don't like this approach because if you don't follow these brands it's easy to think someone disappeared

That may have been a ramble

Numeric has been sick since it started so I hope this Reynolds speculation is true

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1128
« Reply #91 on: September 04, 2022, 09:29:27 AM »
obviously more than meets the eye here. but imagine caring about who rides for vans.
nb prob just gave him a great offer

People are like "Vans is dead to me now." Not because they laid off 600 people in order to present a better short-term return to investors, but apparently because they declined to give Reynolds a shoe.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2022, 09:40:23 AM »
Definitely a better shoe sponsor to have at this stage in his life. I know there’s not a single vans model that’s as supportive and well-cushioned as the 1010’s. Would be very interested to see a Reynolds NB# pro model

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2022, 10:54:01 AM »

Discuss.

I want me that Ellington shirt.   Anyone have any leads?

Watson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2181
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #94 on: September 04, 2022, 11:38:54 AM »
Heard from a reliable source that Axion hit up his DMs and he's on Axion but just skating Tiagos until Axion reissues the Caine Gayle pro shoe.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2148
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #95 on: September 04, 2022, 11:51:17 AM »

Discuss.
I dunno, y’all… I’m feeling this speculation is as premature as a high school virgin on prom night.
He’s posing here, head in hand, with his friend Erik, who has a shoe out with Li Ning.
Li Ning’s factories produce for other brands as well.
Among those brands are New Barlun and New Banluce.
Quality not withstanding, the shoes mostly appear to be New Balance models, save for a few “tells” in detailing.

I’m not saying that’s what’s going on here, but the Vans website is kinda a suspect authority, considering Kader can apparently still be found on there in some instances.
How we all doing today?

EDIT: Full disclosure… I have no idea what I’m talking about. Just having fun with the bloards on my way to a session.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

truthislie

• Rep: 54
« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2022, 12:02:17 PM »
I feel like Reynolds played a big role in the latest rebirth of the half cab trend. If true, weird move from Vans.

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #97 on: September 04, 2022, 12:36:58 PM »
can we talk about how/why reynolds is always running some heinous lace jobs these days, he had his vans choking his feet too

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 763
  • Free Max B
« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2022, 01:35:42 PM »
Damn they really fucked that one up.
Needed to free up some money for incredibly bad webcasts of contests I guess.

Reynolds on NB would be a really good look for them. Reynolds in halfcabs was a good look for him tho. Regardless the boss should stay paid.

Maybe someone will leak the “Reynolds wearing superstars” away days part that allegedly exists now that he’s a free agent.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2148
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #99 on: September 04, 2022, 01:42:38 PM »
Reynolds on NB would be a really good look for them.

Free max b
Agreed.
Would be a great look for NB.
@rothdigga has got to be lurking this thread, and hopefully smiling quietly.
Any intel to share, Jason?

Free lance vagrant

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2022, 04:11:18 PM »
Vans still has Kader on the team page. 
So there is that.

Kader is not listed on the Vans team page, that is false.

Reynolds on NB# would be ideal.

@rothdigga don't sleep on Reynolds, get him on ASAP & get that man a shoe.... we will all buy them.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2022, 04:39:53 PM »
Hope y’all got some good impact support for all of these conclusions you’re jumping to.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2022, 05:04:33 PM »
Hope y’all got some good impact support for all of these conclusions you’re jumping to.

You think it's a coincidence he recently followed Jordon Taylor, Luke Murphy, Kyle Camarillo, Tyler Surrey, Jack Curtin, on Instagram?

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #103 on: September 04, 2022, 05:17:42 PM »
Reynolds is one of the most, if not the most respected, admired, and influential skateboarders of all time. I don't think I've ever heard someone talk negatively about his skating, fits, style, businesses, legacy, and more.

It is wild to me that Vans wouldn't bend over backwards to accommodate and give Reynolds opportunities to do what he does best. He still commands sales, and I think NB getting a hold of him has huge potential to solidify them as real players in the skate shoe market.

A Reynolds clip in the Tom Knox high top joints would be sick.

Yep to this, good summary. I agree with just about every comment in this thread.

I also believe NB is doing it best all around...design, team, video content, ads, shoes themselves, i'm also thrilled they put Spenny on.

Expand Quote
Vans still has Kader on the team page. 
So there is that.
[close]

Kader is not listed on the Vans team page, that is false.

Reynolds on NB# would be ideal.

@rothdigga don't sleep on Reynolds, get him on ASAP & get that man a shoe.... we will all buy them.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #104 on: September 04, 2022, 05:18:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You think it's a coincidence he recently followed Jordon Taylor, Luke Murphy, Kyle Camarillo, Tyler Surrey, Jack Curtin, on Instagram?

Did he just start following them or did people just notice that he followed them?

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #105 on: September 04, 2022, 05:26:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Did he just start following them or did people just notice that he followed them?

My Instagram has reverted to being able to see who somebody last followed, and those are in his last 20 or so follows.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #106 on: September 04, 2022, 05:41:12 PM »
I mean, he’s following Rothdigga, too.

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #107 on: September 04, 2022, 05:43:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Reynolds when he sees this

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #108 on: September 04, 2022, 05:56:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Reynolds when he sees this

We're all posting on a message board in 2022. We're all losers.

JRF

• Rep: 145
« Reply #109 on: September 04, 2022, 06:02:45 PM »
When I rode for globe I only wore there shoes when I absolutely had to. I skated in Reebok workouts and Stan smiths.. but that was me, not Andrew and that was globe and not vans. Huge difference obviously and far more relevant than a shit company like globe and a dude like me that had very little coverage
//////////

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
« Reply #110 on: September 04, 2022, 07:03:34 PM »
When I rode for globe I only wore there shoes when I absolutely had to. I skated in Reebok workouts and Stan smiths.. but that was me, not Andrew and that was globe and not vans. Huge difference obviously and far more relevant than a shit company like globe and a dude like me that had very little coverage

Did you rock the Chet Thomas IVs? What did you think of that shoe?

brwrxstl

• Rep: -71
    • Tumblr avatar image
« Reply #111 on: September 04, 2022, 07:53:30 PM »
Expand Quote
obviously more than meets the eye here. but imagine caring about who rides for vans.
nb prob just gave him a great offer
[close]

Chill with the "this sounds good so i'll say it" marxism. It's either "please investors" and layoff X amount of people or do nothing and eventually watch the whole company go down. Look at the amount of companies who we're seemingly bulletproof that have disappeared over the last 15 years.

If layoffs don't happen, production gets cheapened, and eventually sales drop even further, and then instead of 600 people it's an entire company worth of people without jobs.  Businesses have to produce to sustain.

The fact is young kids aren't wearing Vans and a huge portion of their previous target demographic has outgrown that demographic . The fashionable period of Vans in mainstream fashion is over too. The reason they made as many hires as they did in the 2010's was because of a temporary period of growth. That period is open so those jobs are unsustainable.

But for the sake of virtue signaling just ignore all of that and carry on🙄

People are like "Vans is dead to me now." Not because they laid off 600 people in order to present a better short-term return to investors, but apparently because they declined to give Reynolds a shoe.

Vds

• Rep: -43
« Reply #112 on: September 04, 2022, 08:08:43 PM »
He realized , vans is a garbage

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 556
« Reply #113 on: September 04, 2022, 08:15:02 PM »
The Boss looks good in NB. They seem to have a great thing going on and I back the move if it's true. The last few pairs of Vans I copped had spotty quality, either some random fabric in the toe tearing up my pinky toe or sizing not being consistent between the same models.

fakie nollie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1026
« Reply #114 on: September 04, 2022, 09:09:43 PM »
I told my wife that a guy laughed at a joke here and then explained the joke and now I’m wearing a leather mask and force feeding Mikey Taylor carrots in my basement

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1031
« Reply #115 on: September 04, 2022, 09:37:52 PM »

Yep to this, good summary. I agree with just about every comment in this thread.

I also believe NB is doing it best all around...design, team, video content, ads, shoes themselves, i'm also thrilled they put Spenny on.

My thoughts exactly. Also NB seems invested in giving their pros shoes and their riders to chose something other than black as the their colorway.

If they gave arto and PJ shoes, then it’s not out of the realm for Andrew to get on last pro model

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #116 on: September 04, 2022, 09:47:12 PM »
Reynolds From King Skateboard  (Canadian skate mag) interview -2018

Is it getting harder for Emerica in today’s industry?
I don’t know, I just do my thing. I’m just trying to be like Cab and have my Reynolds shoe. All brands have ups and downs. I remember back in the early 2000’s Vans was garbage, and now its good. You never really know, things can change quick.

Vans Headed back to the early 2000’s perhaps imo with all the shoes being the same, losing Reynolds, not adding Gillette, and frankly terrible clothing/graphic tees…etc.

Greg Hunt/ A Acosta and the video/photo stuff is top notch though.

Sondor

• Rep: 61
« Reply #117 on: September 04, 2022, 09:52:17 PM »
he just playin poetically to get some reactions
EE put up his hand just to cast the shadow of doubt, while spanky -who is still on emerica- beheads him

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #118 on: September 04, 2022, 10:11:03 PM »
what the fuck

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 683
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #119 on: September 04, 2022, 10:31:17 PM »
Reynolds From King Skateboard  (Canadian skate mag) interview -2018

Is it getting harder for Emerica in today’s industry?
I don’t know, I just do my thing. I’m just trying to be like Cab and have my Reynolds shoe. All brands have ups and downs. I remember back in the early 2000’s Vans was garbage, and now its good. You never really know, things can change quick.

Vans Headed back to the early 2000’s perhaps imo with all the shoes being the same, losing Reynolds, not adding Gillette, and frankly terrible clothing/graphic tees…etc.

Greg Hunt/ A Acosta and the video/photo stuff is top notch though.

The only wearable shit they make is when they collaborate with other brands or make a basic surf pant (apparently?)

As far as Greg Hunt is concerned, let’s just say he hasn’t made a Mind Field in a long, long time.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this