Author Topic: Andrew Wilson on krooked  (Read 5769 times)

Argyle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 41
Andrew Wilson on krooked
« on: September 05, 2022, 11:55:43 AM »
Don't know if I've missed this somewhere but Andrew Wilson was at Fifty Fifty today riding krooked boards and signing a board as a team member.

It's also on their Instagram and the shops Instagram but I don't know how to do the sharing thing.

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 810
Re: Andrew Wilson on krooked
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2022, 12:06:50 PM »
Good fit. I back Mr Wilson.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 237
  • Get bent
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2022, 12:13:33 PM »
Damn best team in skateboarding?
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

Argyle

• Rep: 41
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2022, 12:14:23 PM »

Cheers! Yeah definitely fits there

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2022, 12:37:34 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Cheers! Yeah definitely fits there

Skate shop owner and his employees

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2022, 12:55:40 PM »
Always good to see Fifty Fifty collabs

Royce Lopez

• Rep: 8
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2022, 01:02:53 PM »
Could see him there

nwgrandpapa

• Rep: -1
  • My friend Mike is on here
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2022, 01:16:31 PM »

diplodocus

• Rep: 170
  • long neck
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2022, 02:48:24 PM »
Good for him. He fucking rips. Haven't seen any footy of him since "We Blew it at Some Point". I was super bummed when he left Polar but this is a good fit

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1315
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2022, 02:49:56 PM »
a year tops before he gets dissatisfied with the graphics and dips.

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2022, 03:55:42 PM »
Good for him. He fucking rips. Haven't seen any footy of him since "We Blew it at Some Point". I was super bummed when he left Polar but this is a good fit
he had a part in, probably top 3 video of 2020, Johns Vid

a year tops before he gets dissatisfied with the graphics and dips.
I LOL'd at this and was thinking the same thing. hopefully not true tho
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1610
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2022, 04:14:16 PM »

It’s not really fair to compare, but Krooked has never felt like all the people skate together….which is sort of an understated important part of skateboard teams…..gonz seems more connected to adidas and it’s team than krooked.  Antihero has always seemed like it had a core group of skaters in the Bay Area and they skated together… Real it’s understood….regional rippers and heavy hitters…..Krooked has a good selection of skaters, but it feels pieced together and you don’t get the vibe that it’s ever been different. 

internetname

• Rep: 14
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2022, 04:17:58 PM »
Great fit. Has he ever said anything about not getting on Limo or 917? That seems like the obvious fit

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2022, 05:03:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It’s not really fair to compare, but Krooked has never felt like all the people skate together….which is sort of an understated important part of skateboard teams…..gonz seems more connected to adidas and it’s team than krooked.  Antihero has always seemed like it had a core group of skaters in the Bay Area and they skated together… Real it’s understood….regional rippers and heavy hitters…..Krooked has a good selection of skaters, but it feels pieced together and you don’t get the vibe that it’s ever been different.

I wonder

have you watched Krooked Kronichles and felt the same way?

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2022, 05:11:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I actually mostly agree with this. Even though we get the odd team photo and tour, I don't really see any sort of cohesiveness to the team, and it does seem very pieced together.

I wonder if Andrew will get Johnny to edit his Krooked video parts? If Andrew wasn't a fan of the way Pontus edited his videos, there's no way he's gonna be ok with how Mack edits the Krooked videos.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2022, 06:06:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I actually mostly agree with this. Even though we get the odd team photo and tour, I don't really see any sort of cohesiveness to the team, and it does seem very pieced together.

I wonder if Andrew will get Johnny to edit his Krooked video parts? If Andrew wasn't a fan of the way Pontus edited his videos, there's no way he's gonna be ok with how Mack edits the Krooked videos.

Drehobl
Barbee
Cromer
Newer SF/GX guys (Cernicky and a name I can’t place)
Worrest
Una
Sam Narvez(sp?)
Andrew Wilson
Gottwig
Sandoval

Yeah not super cohesive thematically, but guys who wouldn’t necessarily fit on Real

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2022, 06:15:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Drehobl
Barbee
Cromer
Worrest
Una
Sam Narvez(sp?)
Andrew Wilson
Gottwig
Sandoval

Yeah not super cohesive thematically, but guys who wouldn’t necessarily fit on Real

+

Simon Jensen
Sebo Walker
Caleb McNeely
Mike Anderson

SmilingBoy

• Rep: 12
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2022, 06:27:13 PM »
Cool good for him

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2022, 08:03:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Drehobl
Barbee
Cromer
Worrest
Una
Sam Narvez(sp?)
Andrew Wilson
Gottwig
Sandoval

[close]

+

Simon Jensen
Sebo Walker
Caleb McNeely
Mike Anderson

Ah duh - Simon is who I couldn’t think of.   I just kept going being amazed how big the team actually is

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2022, 08:21:18 PM »
Great fit. Has he ever said anything about not getting on Limo or 917? That seems like the obvious fit
was never on 917 or tried to be on, limosine i thought was up his alley but i guess not? idk didn’t like the polar graphics, not on limo, but on krooked? seems as if he’s sucking it up and eating his own words at this point.

this is coming from a big A. Wilson fan

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2022, 09:57:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
was never on 917 or tried to be on, limosine i thought was up his alley but i guess not? idk didn’t like the polar graphics, not on limo, but on krooked? seems as if he’s sucking it up and eating his own words at this point.

this is coming from a big A. Wilson fan

He was one of the first guys on 917 along with Jed Anderson, Hayden Burns, Stu Kirst & Genesis Evans. He quit for Alltimers.

diplodocus

• long neck
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2022, 09:59:01 PM »
So he left polar cause he didnt like the graphics and didnt like how pontus edited his footage?

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2022, 10:26:44 PM »
So he left polar cause he didnt like the graphics and didnt like how pontus edited his footage?
Lets be real, Polar was cool few years back but their graphics feel really stagnant at this point

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1434
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2022, 03:38:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Lets be real, Polar was cool few years back but their graphics feel really stagnant at this point

by now, all these cool early 10s brands pretty much have settled into their own type of mediocrity.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 883
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2022, 03:41:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

by now, all these cool early 10s brands pretty much have settled into their own type of mediocrity.
You can't really win. Change constantly and have no image. Stick to your guns and you're boring.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2022, 03:51:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
You can't really win. Change constantly and have no image. Stick to your guns and you're boring.
i believe in the theory that after ten years, a once hyped company just remaining stable, but maybe boring, is pretty good overall. i would even subscribe to the 5-year goldi locks timespan theory, after which most companies seem pretty out of gas already.

diplodocus

• long neck
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2022, 04:03:34 AM »
Yoo what y’all are trippin. Polar is still up there and arguably the top 3 board brand out right now that is not dlx (Polar, quasi, fs/hockey). And they have the most popular pants in skating right now. idk who you are comparing polar to graphics wise, but they are still better than most of industry. They might not be at the peak when they shook up the entire industry, but they are far from stale.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2022, 04:47:17 AM »
Yoo what y’all are trippin. Polar is still up there and arguably the top 3 board brand out right now that is not dlx (Polar, quasi, fs/hockey). And they have the most popular pants in skating right now. idk who you are comparing polar to graphics wise, but they are still better than most of industry. They might not be at the peak when they shook up the entire industry, but they are far from stale.

i'm not saying that their graphics are bad. i'm just saying that the wave of early 10s style graphics is just not as exciting anymore as when all these beloved brands started. the wow factor is gone. this goes for a lot of brands that rely on that. i'm talking about polar, f.a.(hockey not so much since i feel like that moreso paved the way aesthetically for something like limosine), mother/quasi(i loved how the first mother boards looked, now i feel most quasis look kinda random). palace mostly doing logo boards.

the new wave to me seems to be more amateurish and haphazard, punky diy-ish graphics such as limo or frog vs. those very polished and carefully designed graphics we mostly from 2012-2020. i could also see more brands just doing very minimalist, almost mini logo like graphics.

i still like polars graphics a lot, but you know what to expect when a new round of boards drop at this point. no disrespect if you love their graphics.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2022, 05:17:35 AM »
just because you know what to expect from the brand doesn’t mean the brand is mediocre or stale by any means

i should have worded that better. i didn't mean actual mediocrity, but relative to how innovative they once were. sort of like they are in their comfort zone now. if anyone still finds nuance in these graphics and gets psyched on them, i'm the last one to bad mouth that. i'm probably just oversaturated myself with the typical 2010s style graphics. doesn't mean i want those brands to go out of business or something like that. also a company can reinvent itself only so many times until it seems inauthentic or corny.

it's probably better in the long run to have a consistent and coherent aesthetic until you can rely on selling that one classic deck and just go wild with your pro decks. like anti hero, they sell enough eagle decks i guess. so for a brand it's smart to strive to become something like anti hero or real where the graphics don't really matter anymore as long as they fit the aesthetic and vibe. in that sense, polar, f.a. and palace are pretty much on track to have a long lasting staying power well after the initial decade of their business.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 237
  • Get bent
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2022, 06:30:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Drehobl
Barbee
Cromer
Worrest
Una
Sam Narvez(sp?)
Andrew Wilson
Gottwig
Sandoval

[close]

+

Simon Jensen
Sebo Walker
Caleb McNeely
Mike Anderson

Best team in skateboarding periodt. Lol
I can definitely see how it seems like it’s kinda pieced together though
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog