Author Topic: Rick and Morty  (Read 4697 times)

KoRnholio8

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Rick and Morty
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2021, 12:16:01 AM »
so rick and morty are back.

first episode was kinda a rehashed old formula ... objectively done very good, but I feel like it was just a new spin on a familiar concept aka morty keeps on screwing things up in some dimension on his own until rick has to intervene and then rick's main story just had no real purpose at all ... also not loving the sea guy at all and hope to never see him again

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2021, 04:35:39 AM »
so rick and morty are back.

first episode was kinda a rehashed old formula ... objectively done very good, but I feel like it was just a new spin on a familiar concept aka morty keeps on screwing things up in some dimension on his own until rick has to intervene and then rick's main story just had no real purpose at all ... also not loving the sea guy at all and hope to never see him again

I’m stoked its back on but I do agree that first ep was kinda “meh”. Especially with how things left off with the last season and them not really addressing how everyone was over Ricks bullshit. I think this season was also their quickest turn around so we’ll see how the quality is. Props to the whole crew for standing their ground and using the shows popularity to get approved for enough seasons to be syndicated though. Hopefully they dont phone it in.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2021, 05:09:45 AM »
Some years ago, I returned from a long shift half drunk and full of psychedelic mushrooms, and I was greeted with interdimensional cable 2. As a result, I will forever have a special place in my heart for this silly show.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2021, 07:14:35 PM »
The first episode I ever watched was with my kids and it was Pickle Rick.

This new season opener had my son and I cracking up. That's all that mattered.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 661
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2021, 07:34:46 PM »
I'm behind as I'm yet to finish season 4. I love the show overall, but I have to admit the first few episodes in season 4 weren't that good. I'm afraid to finish season 4/start season 5 as I want it to be as the first three seasons.

I remember I started watching primitive when that started up a couple years ago, fuck, that was intense/amazing.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Grind King Rims

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2021, 04:05:28 PM »
Every season has a few duds in my opinion. Just watched the first 5. Starting off strong, I'm really enjoying it.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2021, 05:32:11 PM »
I have the opposite perception of a lot of fans in that I don’t want a massive Rick & Morty universe that weaves a complex backstory for Rick & Morty. I want to know the story of Rick and Beth’s mother sure, but I don’t give a shit about building a universe or lore across seasons. I want fun and interesting episodes and I want to watch the characters grow and evolve over those episodes. That’s it. I don’t need or want a massive universe of weird details or stakes where every episode needs to add more details and layers to that world or else it sucks.  And I don’t think the creators want to write that and it sucks that that is now the current mode of media consumption
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 09:02:45 AM by oyolar »

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2021, 09:20:39 PM »
Yeah every season has duds for sure

I liked the planetina one and I liked the aquaman one too
listen to cosmic psychos

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2022, 10:58:23 PM »
haha, dinos getting gnarly in the bowl! a bunch of skate terms thrown into a song

wait, are we skateboarders dinosaurs now?