Author Topic: The Queen is Dead  (Read 3925 times)

sometimeperhaps

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
Re: The Queen is Dead
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2022, 06:03:48 PM »
Word on the street is we might get a new holiday, so I’m pretty excited.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1221
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2022, 06:13:09 PM »
She let you all live on her family’s land; shouldn’t some gratitude be in order?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2022, 06:24:45 PM »
Expand Quote
While I'm not a royalist, I'm troubled that so many people are reacting to the news in the ugliest way possible.
[close]

Just you wait until Trump finally dies.

Preeeeeeach!

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 294
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2022, 06:29:17 PM »
Yass kween, werk!

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2022, 06:48:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The real Queen died on the 24th of November in 1991
[close]

Expand Quote
Bye bye.....

https://youtu.be/NwjiGDobJqs
[close]

Tiocfaidh ár la
[close]

32!!!!!
[close]

Maybe she left the other six counties to Ireland in her will
[close]

All that pillaging bitch did was take, take, take from the world. Raped, Robed and Colonized anything with a heartbeat that was an easy battle.

All the wealth the Monarch had....
 and the UK is am impoverished kip.

Imagine hoarding all that.

She wasn’t Victoria. And she was coronated 5 years after the Raj.  If anything E2s reign is significant for any reason, it’s that she ruled while Britain shrank into nothingness.

I can understand the appeal for some for an apolitical head of state that can be an enduring symbol (And I think the money they get should never exceed the tourist dollars that they bring in) - I think unfortunately the Monarchy Machine drilled the apoliticalness of the modern monarchy too deep into her that in order to preserve the monarchy she proved how obsolete it is. 

What is significant about her and the tributes today is that she literally did nothing.  Sure, she was limited constitutionally, but it stank of cowardice of maintaining one’s status quo to not speak out against Brexit (as one example)

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 265
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2022, 08:42:38 PM »
Sorry but....

Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1573
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2022, 09:55:35 PM »
Expand Quote
While I'm not a royalist, I'm troubled that so many people are reacting to the news in the ugliest way possible.
[close]

I am fully convinced that when he passes, that date will be an unofficial American holiday. Millions domestically (in the US) will celebrate, not to mention the countless individuals abroad.

I will personally celebrate this day when the day comes and plan on burning an effigy on an annual basis (in addition to barbeque and things of that sort). However, he is going to be the "Walking Dead" president. It will take a long time to manage his legacy and the continued support from the ardent supporters, who support him regardless of what he has said and done.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

livin on a speyer

« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2022, 01:27:36 AM »
Rest in peace

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2022, 02:32:54 AM »

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2022, 03:37:09 AM »
Finally.

Put the royal family in a zoot and bun them.

Condolences to all their victims.

Bet they’re partying down in Argentina. And in Ireland etc etc.

“God please not Charles” 😂
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2022, 05:58:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I am fully convinced that when he passes, that date will be an unofficial American holiday. Millions domestically (in the US) will celebrate, not to mention the countless individuals abroad.

I will personally celebrate this day when the day comes and plan on burning an effigy on an annual basis (in addition to barbeque and things of that sort). However, he is going to be the "Walking Dead" president. It will take a long time to manage his legacy and the continued support from the ardent supporters, who support him regardless of what he has said and done.
I'll bring the hamberders and covfefe.

Get hungry on it!

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2022, 05:58:52 AM »
Expand Quote
git-r-done

scrolling through this shit gives me the creeps

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/08/world/europe/queen-elizabeth-ii-photos-young.html
[close]

got bored and watched early episodes of the crown on netflix, they make her look based when she was young hanging out in africa

cheers, i've been meaning to give this a go actually

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 265
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2022, 06:15:36 AM »
Innit

Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1102
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2022, 06:23:03 AM »
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2022, 06:32:10 AM »
RIP to a real one… wait, who?

Will there finally be anarchy in the UK now?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 06:42:23 AM by RoaryMcTwang »

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2022, 06:48:14 AM »
RIP to a real one… wait, who?

Will there finally be anarchy in the UK now?
Nope, only continuing to lose the war on Gingivitis
Shout out to all hurt red-coated loyalists on this board who keep a powdered wig handy

Deputy Wendell

aiden

« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2022, 08:16:07 AM »
the only people that actually care that she's dead are british people over the age of 55 and americans
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 10:06:30 AM by aiden »

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2022, 12:22:18 PM »
To me this seems like a perfect time to question what’s the point of the British Royal Family in 2022. The fact that after 70 years all anyone can say about the Queen is that she had great decorum should be enough to tell us that it’s all bullshit. Respectfully.

Also that Epstein post is wild lol.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1573
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2022, 12:48:18 PM »
I thought for sure she wrote Humpty Dumpty, now that I know she didn't I'm super pissed
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

exlurker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 551
« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2022, 12:52:27 PM »
I like to think i'm politically engaged, so I rarely say this, but I think correct response here is pure unadulterated apathy.

it feels like the mascot died at the high school across town.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2022, 12:57:56 PM »
that tabbys been alive for 40 years and never gets older

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2022, 02:20:12 PM »
I like to think i'm politically engaged, so I rarely say this, but I think correct response here is pure unadulterated apathy.

Yeah I’m pretty tepid on whether or not the monarchy should exist (see previous comment), but something about this outpouring of emotion for someone who didn’t do anything is really starting to rub against me. 

Did anyone ever see that play Charles III from like 5+ years ago?   I always loved that it somewhat predicted Harry’s life.   

It is worth noting - once the Windsors die out, monarchy will end in the UK.   They won’t import monarchs from elsewhere like they once did and I highly doubt they’d ever elevate some domestic noble

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2022, 03:05:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah I’m pretty tepid on whether or not the monarchy should exist (see previous comment), but something about this outpouring of emotion for someone who didn’t do anything is really starting to rub against me. 

Did anyone ever see that play Charles III from like 5+ years ago?   I always loved that it somewhat predicted Harry’s life.   

It is worth noting - once the Windsors die out, monarchy will end in the UK.   They won’t import monarchs from elsewhere like they once did and I highly doubt they’d ever elevate some domestic noble

Which is really too bad. I think the world could use some more of the Wars of the Roses style spiciness in Britain.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1208
« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2022, 03:12:45 PM »
Rest in peace

Funniest post in the entire thread so far.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1102
« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2022, 04:15:31 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Is there any indication that the Windsors will die out? The youngest successive heir to the throne was born in 2013 so, should the monarchy sustain, he will be King of England long after everyone reading this has died.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1221
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2022, 04:50:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I also find it strange.  I think it has more to do with group psychology than any sort of legitimate grievance.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1055
« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2022, 04:55:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I also find it strange.  I think it has more to do with group psychology than any sort of legitimate grievance.

I’m going to have to disagree with you but only because I have oppositional defiant disorder.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 977
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2022, 05:16:02 PM »
I wanna be queen for a week
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2022, 06:38:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Is there any indication that the Windsors will die out? The youngest successive heir to the throne was born in 2013 so, should the monarchy sustain, he will be King of England long after everyone reading this has died.

Right, it will definitely perpetuate for awhile.  It just dawned on me the other day that there won’t be another house.