Author Topic: PS5s are about to be available  (Read 2018 times)

jakeumms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
PS5s are about to be available
« on: September 09, 2022, 02:15:04 AM »
You can get a PS5 right now. They've been available all day at these sites:

https://direct.playstation.com/en-us/consoles/console/playstation5-console-horizon-forbidden-west-bundle.1000032115

https://www.walmart.com/ip/PS5-Console-Horizon-Forbidden-West-Bundle/884437848?athbdg=L1600

GameStop members will be able to buy them later today and then they go on sale there for regular customers on 9/10.

No idea if the limited supply issues are over or if this is just a bunch of consoles Sony held back to incentivize buyers to buy some of the big releases that are gonna come out between now and Black Friday. I've been trying to get one for a couple of years now and I figure maybe some other people here have been in the same boat.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 264
Re: PS5s are about to be available
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2022, 04:37:11 AM »
Have they been that hard to get? My son uses my ps4 and I've been pondering upgrading him but I had no idea. I hadn't looked yet but was not aware!
Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2022, 06:47:06 AM »
Have they been that hard to get? My son uses my ps4 and I've been pondering upgrading him but I had no idea. I hadn't looked yet but was not aware!

Yeah bud... there's been a worldwide chip shortage going on for the past few years making new consoles and high-end graphics cards extremely hard to get (crypto farmers are making it much, much worse), also effecting the automotive industry and basically anything that uses these types of cards. Throw in supply chain issues like everything else. People have been paying high amounts over retail regularly to get a PS5 because they're almost never available in a retail location and the only chance of getting one is either extreme luck or having alerts set up via a stock tracker.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2022, 07:36:10 AM »
I always feel guilty I landed one in a Walmart thing on my first try considering I find it harder and harder to start playing a new game

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2022, 08:17:54 AM »
I would, but with little PS5 exclusive games, no PSVR2 yet, it doesn't look worth it.  Probably gonna hold out till PS6

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2022, 06:40:27 PM »
Expand Quote
You can get a PS5 right now. They've been available all day at these sites:

https://direct.playstation.com/en-us/consoles/console/playstation5-console-horizon-forbidden-west-bundle.1000032115

https://www.walmart.com/ip/PS5-Console-Horizon-Forbidden-West-Bundle/884437848?athbdg=L1600

GameStop members will be able to buy them later today and then they go on sale there for regular customers on 9/10.

No idea if the limited supply issues are over or if this is just a bunch of consoles Sony held back to incentivize buyers to buy some of the big releases that are gonna come out between now and Black Friday. I've been trying to get one for a couple of years now and I figure maybe some other people here have been in the same boat.
[close]

I saw these were available last week and I almost pulled the trigger. But I'm not interested in Horizon forbidden west and I don't want the disc drive version.... It may be a bad idea but I think I'm going to hold out for the basic digital console or a digital console bundle

See I couldn’t not get the disc drive version.   I used to play N64 games until they broke, but I’m much more interested in 100% games then selling them on Craigslist to recoup a percentage of the costs.   I’m less inclined to play games that aren’t campaign oriented these days

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2022, 07:28:26 PM »
I've been down with the digital program pretty close to whenever Steam launched. If I had my way, I woulda copped a discless version for myself but I'm not sure if those are even in production right now. I see a bunch of "inventory" for that model on Craigslist and Twitter and the like but it doesn't look like legit retailers have had them in stock in 2022. A lot of the trackers have exact dates for when the last time a retailer had inventory in and what it was. Nice trick Sony pulled packing in a game and then charging $50 more though. Last year, my desktop died and it didn't take me long to figure out the only way I was gonna get a decent rig together is to buy a prebuilt. This feels like the a similar situation where I could wait it out but I'm kinda just down with what I can get my hands on. Also I guess now I've got something to watch my 4K Dawn of the Dead disc on. Horizon is going in the Secret Santa pile.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

doyle

• Rep: 210
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2022, 07:49:16 PM »
Yeah I was in the same situation with the original preorders, I was hoping to get the digital version but only the disc version was available. Better than nothing, and the 4K blu ray player feels like a bonus. The higher bitrate (compared to streaming) actually makes a big difference.

Keyser_Soze

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2022, 04:56:44 PM »
I’ll probably just wait until Grand Theft Auto VI comes out, if the rumors about a 2024 release date are true.

Mongey

• Rep: -5
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2022, 01:31:35 AM »
After not being able to ge tone since they came out , I could pull the trigger now and get one on Amazon finally , but I’m
Not sure I want to. My crusty old ps4 is still chugging allong , and there aren’t  really any games that make me want to spend the cash.

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2022, 08:22:14 AM »
After not being able to ge tone since they came out , I could pull the trigger now and get one on Amazon finally , but I’m
Not sure I want to. My crusty old ps4 is still chugging allong , and there aren’t  really any games that make me want to spend the cash.

exactly how i feel! maybe after christmas ill pull the trigger.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2022, 09:53:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

exactly how i feel! maybe after christmas ill pull the trigger.

me three, waiting for the psvr2 to drop as well. 

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2022, 12:31:46 PM »
Got my PS5 after my uncle called me at like 3 am because they were on the Walmart site. I definitely need to upgrade my TV to get the best version of the gaming. But I haven’t been able to play as much because of work/life.

My biggest complaint is memory. I’ve been lagging to buy an memory card and double the storage. But WarZone takes up way too much space lol. It’s the reason my friends and I have been playing other games like fortnite, fall guys, and random games.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1044
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2022, 04:56:12 PM »
You should cop it with Horizon if you’re into that ish. Beautiful gameplay

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2022, 09:41:35 PM »
Got my PS5 after my uncle called me at like 3 am because they were on the Walmart site. I definitely need to upgrade my TV to get the best version of the gaming. But I haven’t been able to play as much because of work/life.

My biggest complaint is memory. I’ve been lagging to buy an memory card and double the storage. But WarZone takes up way too much space lol. It’s the reason my friends and I have been playing other games like fortnite, fall guys, and random games.
I have a 4K display, and a decent amount of the games do offer an upscaled 4k and higher frame rates. But, I think the things you'll notice immediately even on a 1080p TV and probably the biggest benefits of this generation is the very fast load times, and the option for performance modes that go about 60 fps compared to previous gens where most were 30. I play pretty much every game in performance over quality to be honest. The framerate jump is much more noticable than the graphical jump.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2022, 08:27:24 AM »
PSVR2 was announced for Feb 23, praying that there are some amazing ps5 exclusives.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2022, 07:59:29 PM »
I got blessed one a few month’s back, random homie said he’s buying me one I didn’t believe him until he showed up at my door with it.

I enjoy it honestly.
Dueces Bitch's

switchfakie

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2022, 02:51:46 PM »
still waiting to find them available

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2023, 12:11:20 PM »
caved and picked one up the other day. First game I got was ratchet and clank: rift apart. Been lovin it

I think ghost of Tsushima or death stranding is next on my list

What’s everyone else been on?

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2023, 02:54:11 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeJ4aNxVz7k
Apparently there is a list of free, slightly dusty AAA games for PS Plus Essential subscribers that doesn't get talked about much. The listed is getting deaded and the games are going back for sale on May 9th. The trick is you have to buy them from your PS5 storefront. If you try to buy them online from the webstore or PS4 they show up as for sale only. There's a bunch of great games in there but to me the biggie is Bloodborne.

I just started playing games again this week so I've been working through the Symphony of the Night reissue and am probably gonna get back on the Destiny 2 train here pretty quick.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2023, 04:11:20 PM »
caved and picked one up the other day. First game I got was ratchet and clank: rift apart. Been lovin it

yea psvr2 is going to drop this month and so I am probably getting a ps5 bundle

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2023, 07:27:32 AM »

Bought in August and have played or completed these so far:
Death Stranding
Resident evil 2 and 3
Deathloop
Returnal
Last of us part 1 and 2
spiderman for ps4
Ratchet and Clank

Have fun! It's been a great investment.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2023, 12:34:30 PM »
Just got mine today, fairly easily from best buy.

Im about to order the psvr2 later today...shits making me nervous, that bitch is expensive with no real launch games

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2023, 12:40:22 PM »
droppin back in to say ghost of Tsushima rules. really feelin it

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2023, 04:20:00 PM »
droppin back in to say ghost of Tsushima rules. really feelin it
One of the few Playstation titles I have the Platinum for. I played with it in Japanese with the English subtitles. Felt like playing a Kurosawa movie (although I didn't enable Kurosawa mode).

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2023, 06:53:17 PM »
bump

having owned the console for 7 months, it has been a great investment

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2023, 08:47:21 AM »
I’m so deep in mw 2 lol. I haven’t played cod since maybe 2007 so it was easy for me to get hooked again, especially playing with friends. The issue is that I’ve solely played mw2 for the last month or so. I need to break this cycle and play something else…