Author Topic: Adidas 3st.003  (Read 1692 times)

KGB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Adidas 3st.003
« on: September 10, 2022, 07:08:18 PM »
Why did Adidas stop making these? Probably the best feeling shoe I’ve ever had. I know they were like prototypes or something but never met anyone who didn’t love them…

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 66
Re: Adidas 3st.003
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2022, 07:44:43 PM »
I am skating a pair at the moment

Just sold one pair (regretably)

And have one more

Running low over here

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2022, 11:22:06 AM »
The only skate shoe from Adidas that was wide enough for me. Great shoe lost to time =(

Sammich

• Rep: 2
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2022, 03:20:53 PM »
Pretty sure the Tyshawns are close to these, if not what these were before. Comfy as hell too.

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 264
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2022, 07:06:03 PM »
The only skate shoe from Adidas that was wide enough for me. Great shoe lost to time =(

Fr
Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 61
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2022, 07:16:10 PM »
Adidas makes stoops decisions. The matchcourt was one of the best shoes ever & they cut it from production many years ago

spanyard

• Rep: 77
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2022, 07:19:05 PM »
Got a couple pairs in 8 and 8.5 somewhere around here that I don't need...

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2022, 05:25:33 AM »
It’s a great looking shoe also. Especially the grey one with the natural rubber “patch”. I’m not a fan of how most Adidas shoes look but these I liked a lot. I ordered a pair some years ago but they were too big in my normal size so I returned them. Never got a pair in a smaller size so no idea how they skate.

stringsnthings

• Rep: -48
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2022, 06:06:50 AM »
Am I wrong or was the 3ST Line all Scott Johnstons designs? I remember around the time the Samba ADV came out SJ posted some drawings/mocks of that line preproduction.

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2022, 06:34:28 AM »
I always wanted a pair, I wanted the 004 too but the heel drop was too much according to reviews.
by the time I was ready for a pair they were gone unless you had a weird size :(
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

stupidfuckface

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2022, 08:32:49 AM »
Ive got a pair of deadstock 10.5, forget the color.  Let me know I feel I should dig em out

somedudefromnj

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2022, 08:58:51 AM »
Am I wrong or was the 3ST Line all Scott Johnstons designs? I remember around the time the Samba ADV came out SJ posted some drawings/mocks of that line preproduction.

yeah, theres a link floating around with him interviewed about them. Theyre all so good

I always wanted a pair, I wanted the 004 too but the heel drop was too much according to reviews.
by the time I was ready for a pair they were gone unless you had a weird size :(

Just got a pair of 004s on Mercari for $20 that were only walked in. They skate great in my opinion

Ive got a pair of deadstock 10.5, forget the color.  Let me know I feel I should dig em out

skate those bad boys

if not i'll buy them off of you haha

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2022, 10:11:05 AM »
Pretty sure the Tyshawn's are close to these, if not what these were before. Comfy as hell too.

Tried them, Tyshawns were too narrow.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2022, 08:28:34 AM »
Why did Adidas stop making these?

Because they looked like this:

And I feel that I am offering an informed opinion here, as someone who liked the Liberty Cup - worked great for me, but I've looked at it before, so I know exactly why it didn't last.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2022, 12:56:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

And I feel that I am offering an informed opinion here, as someone who liked the Liberty Cup - worked great for me, but I've looked at it before, so I know exactly why it didn't last.

I had two pair of the white/white, much better colorway:

The BLK/WHT/GUM held up as well...

somedudefromnj

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2022, 02:06:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I had two pair of the white/white, much better colorway:

The BLK/WHT/GUM held up as well...

Those are beautiful

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1214
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2022, 02:49:24 PM »
had the blue and white joints, most soccer shoe feeling skate shoe ive ever worn, so flexible

also demolished my shit when i landed primo

Hairy Ballsagna

• Rep: 32
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2022, 08:14:21 PM »
Adidas always look great to me but I like a wide toe with zero drop and that narrows most of them out.

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2022, 11:18:58 AM »
I liked how these skated but I thought the rubber ollie patch looked weird. If they did a redo of this design to make the patch stand out less and also add lace savers I would buy a few pairs

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 26
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2022, 12:33:04 PM »
They should have never stopped the 3st line, some of the only progressive and original skate shoe designs to come out in recent years and some of the last solid Adidas's

somedudefromnj

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2022, 05:11:36 PM »
They should have never stopped the 3st line, some of the only progressive and original skate shoe designs to come out in recent years and some of the last solid Adidas's

i may be tripping but I havent found anything from them interesting since. the Puig's were cool but ran small

Bring back 3st?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2022, 10:06:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i may be tripping but I havent found anything from them interesting since. the Puig's were cool but ran small

Bring back 3st?

The Puig gets a lot of love these days, it is the best thing they have out; too narrow for me (skated a few of the debut premiers.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 10:32:17 PM by Xen »

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2022, 12:43:20 AM »
Adidas makes stoops decisions. The matchcourt was one of the best shoes ever & they cut it from production many years ago

Weirdly enough, it felt like one of the worst shoes to me. Didn't look terrible in certain colors though.

Tried to skate/wear a couple different pairs: leather vs.  suede, low vs. high, etc. They had this weird lump in the sole where the arch is, felt boxy, heavy toe, etc. They did not feel good to wear or skate in, even with swapping insoles.
No idea how people skated well in the various iterations they released, but I know people liked em
Super Champion Fun Zone

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -204
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2022, 01:57:21 AM »
Loved the pair that I that I had. II beat them to nothing they were so far past being skateable by the time I actually let them go