Author Topic: Recovering clips after accidental deletion  (Read 267 times)

MR102889

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 30
Recovering clips after accidental deletion
« on: September 11, 2022, 02:06:32 PM »
Has anyone ever accidentally deleted a clip from their camera and successfully recovered it? For example, a clip I filmed was accidentally deleted, so I purchased this data recovery software which got the file back. Sadly though after I attempted to play the video file and it was corrupted. Is there any way to successfully fix the corrupted clip?

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Recovering clips after accidental deletion
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2022, 02:51:17 PM »
yea
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Allez_Jambon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2022, 10:38:52 AM »
I deleted my Lightroom catalog by accident and used the free version of DMDE. Advantage was that there was only one LRCAT file with its file name altered slightly. You however may see a Bunch of .mov or whatever format it is and altered file names due to the wackiness of digging things up. Or it might be just fine. The rest of the recovery software programs seem like crap especially DiskDrill or whatever it’s called. Good luck.

doyle

• Rep: 210
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2022, 11:06:40 AM »
I used Prosoft's Data Rescue V6 (was like $100 USD I think) on a memory card which I'd deleted files off/formatted many times, and it was surprisingly able to recover quite a bit of stuff (although pretty random). I got back like everything that was filmed one the previous 2 or 3 sessions, and then a couple random clips from like yeaaars ago.