Author Topic: Worst contest runs  (Read 3702 times)

LUGR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 47
Re: Worst contest runs
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2022, 07:18:35 PM »
It was me.
Luckily no video proof.
First run i push for my first trick. and my kingping was brocken. In flat. 
Had ca. 15-20min pause till the second run so i run to the skateshop inside the skatepark
bought a kingpin and changed just in time for my second run.
first planed trick was just a frontside ollie over some channel (bigger one) i have done a couple of times through cruising the
parcour with not one single bail while a busy practice session. (so it shoud be a save start to warm up, planed my run wisly through the day....)
Slam for unknown reason straight to the flat - so hard that my boxer short where torn in two pcs.
After being back standing on both legs and sorting out my balls in my jeans - second run was over.
0 points in two runs.
Coudnt get much worse.... you may think.
after the contest i was invited to sleep on the floor in some legendary local skateshop.
Owner is a skatelegend and cool as fuck. We sleept in the shop with >20 people.
Dope / Beer / Schnapps and the first Zero Video premiere was involved.
In the middle of the night i woke up cold and shaking searching for the shop toilette.
I didt know in which direction i shoud locate myself in front of toilette bowl simultaneous i had heavy diarrhea and
need to vomit. Some friend woke up from my noise - and found me half naked in the middle of the mess inside the
Skateshop toilette. There where by far not the right tools at my hand to clean properly after myself.
And i know i shared that place with 20 more Skateboarders in need for a little toilette after waking up soon.
Will not gave more details - but didnt come back again for any contest in this city.... for years.
Thanks for owning up and sharing this. I thoroughly enjoyed your unfortunate misfortune.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2022, 04:08:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

That commentary is gold, wow.
[close]

A+ effort for someone who knows nothing about skateboarding, he even used the term KICKFLIP correctly
[close]
SIMULATED OBSTACLES!

Big fan of the simulated sidewalk maneuvers!
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Royce Lopez

• Rep: 8
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2022, 07:27:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Jimmy lannon for sure…..I felt bad
[close]

Agreed, was he tripping on something? I remeber him seeming OUT OF IT

I feel like his plan was to look super chill and do 1-2 trick with the best style and it didn’t work. It reminded me of my homie who said he’s just going to have fun and do chill tricks..couldn’t land first 3 and then did manual on flat…I was so embarrassed and couldn’t even go to him so people don’t associate me with him..

AxionCityStars

• Rep: -28
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2022, 07:54:54 AM »
Just about every run Koston attempted in the past 10 years. The "dorking around" gimmick got real old real fast.

kabi

« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2022, 08:04:26 AM »

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 280
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2022, 09:12:30 AM »
Not the worst in regard to trick makes/misses but that dude who sacked himself horizontally in the Olympics prob should get a mention for sheer coverage

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2022, 09:40:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

That commentary is gold, wow.
[close]

A+ effort for someone who knows nothing about skateboarding, he even used the term KICKFLIP correctly
[close]
SIMULATED OBSTACLES!
"Putting his hand down to keep him from falling"

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2022, 11:07:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Jimmy lannon for sure…..I felt bad
[close]

Agreed, was he tripping on something? I remeber him seeming OUT OF IT
[close]
does someone have video of this? had no idea Lannon skated contests
[close]

At around 5:34:20 and 5:59:55

Also, hes 40 years old?

I distinctly remember watching his first run and needing to get up and walk around because it made me cringe so bad. For his sake, I hope he was fucked up on something. Wonder if it still haunts him......

Also thought it was hilarious that Pastras was commenting on how much pop Jimmy had while this tragedy was unfolding in real time

thebacker

« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2022, 11:19:16 AM »

Gideon Choi

• Rep: 33
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2022, 11:25:01 AM »
Here's another one even though it's not a traditional contest per se. When you look at what the other Run N Gun's were, VA's was pretty terrible and he should stay away from any sort of contest format.

dstrytruitt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 104
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2022, 12:36:02 PM »
Just about every run Koston attempted in the past 10 years. The "dorking around" gimmick got real old real fast.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2022, 03:44:09 PM »
That one where Luan overreacted because he wasn’t on top. Dramatic.

The one where Leticia thought she won and when she didn’t she acted bratty.

Austin Seaholm’s

323-BALM

• Rep: 46
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2022, 04:03:38 PM »
Dan Corrigan has a change-up push, it's fascinating! Like his foot has banana peel sole. Does his shoe get hot from not actually gaining purchase on the ground?--dude's clutch is blown. Look at that!

I nominate Taylor Silverman.
You've clearly never smelled a cauliflower fart.

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -73
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2022, 04:33:38 PM »
Here's another one even though it's not a traditional contest per se. When you look at what the other Run N Gun's were, VA's was pretty terrible and he should stay away from any sort of contest format.

Nah that was sick

I gotta go with CK the one time he did SLS. It was some preliminary thing in Brazil and he was partying the whole time he was there. He did a bunch of airs and no comply flippy things and his best trick was a wallie 5-0 and got like a 2.4 or something. Wish I could find that footage again

SHARPSHOOTER

• Rep: -272
  • Bret Hart
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2022, 10:29:47 PM »
Jimmy looked like he was high on mushrooms . That run was too good

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 792
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2022, 02:15:22 AM »

Royce Lopez

• Rep: 8
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2022, 02:48:53 AM »
It was me.
Luckily no video proof.
First run i push for my first trick. and my kingping was brocken. In flat. 
Had ca. 15-20min pause till the second run so i run to the skateshop inside the skatepark
bought a kingpin and changed just in time for my second run.
first planed trick was just a frontside ollie over some channel (bigger one) i have done a couple of times through cruising the
parcour with not one single bail while a busy practice session. (so it shoud be a save start to warm up, planed my run wisly through the day....)
Slam for unknown reason straight to the flat - so hard that my boxer short where torn in two pcs.
After being back standing on both legs and sorting out my balls in my jeans - second run was over.
0 points in two runs.
Coudnt get much worse.... you may think.
after the contest i was invited to sleep on the floor in some legendary local skateshop.
Owner is a skatelegend and cool as fuck. We sleept in the shop with >20 people.
Dope / Beer / Schnapps and the first Zero Video premiere was involved.
In the middle of the night i woke up cold and shaking searching for the shop toilette.
I didt know in which direction i shoud locate myself in front of toilette bowl simultaneous i had heavy diarrhea and
need to vomit. Some friend woke up from my noise - and found me half naked in the middle of the mess inside the
Skateshop toilette. There where by far not the right tools at my hand to clean properly after myself.
And i know i shared that place with 20 more Skateboarders in need for a little toilette after waking up soon.
Will not gave more details - but didnt come back again for any contest in this city.... for years.

This was amazing to read

mareo

• Rep: -338
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2022, 03:00:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Quote from: I sniff my own butthole all the time
2nd vote would be for PJ. sometimes it is a fine command of the english language to say nothing and he extended that to skating. PJ's plan B part is the emperor's new clothes.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2022, 04:33:17 AM »

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2022, 04:46:17 AM »
&& spacewalking at the olympics comes to mind
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

hayduke lives

• Rep: 40
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2022, 05:17:07 AM »
the tricks are hard and he's consistent but i found no enjoyment in pre-mullet nft jagger's run that won tampa 2018.

privileged dork trying to tick all the "cool" outfit boxes to look authentic. the hands, the getting off his board, the condom beanie, gross.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 05:25:01 AM by hayduke lives »

Coping Grinder

• Rep: 17
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2022, 06:30:19 AM »
I was at a youth pool skating contest for a contest series in Florida. Clive Dixon had showed up. He was a strong skater on the contest scene at that point, and was just coming back from breaking his wrist at a bigger am street contest 6-8 weeks prior. I was a little nervous going up against him, but he wasn't regarded as a transition skater so I thought I may have a shot at beating him. He dropped in to the shallow end, did a pretty aggressive frontside grind in the deep end, came back to the shallow end and popped up into a back disaster. Overturned the back disaster, shoulders got over rotated, and got pitched backwards to flat. He stands back up clutching his wrist, he had caught himself with that hand and completely rebroken the wrist so it was hanging at an angle. Threw his board on the deck, got himself out, shouted "GOD DAMMIT!" Focused his board with one big stomp and ran off to the pro shop.

I'm not sure if it qualifies for worst, but it certainly pumped me up.

SHARPSHOOTER

• Rep: -272
  • Bret Hart
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2022, 09:11:40 AM »
the tricks are hard and he's consistent but i found no enjoyment in pre-mullet nft jagger's run that won tampa 2018.

privileged dork trying to tick all the "cool" outfit boxes to look authentic. the hands, the getting off his board, the condom beanie, gross.
X-up to careful hands landing is sooooooo bad. Sometimes he does the paint buckets thing too it’s gross