Author Topic: && Has Reinvented the Skateboard Again  (Read 14382 times)

Steely Daniel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
Re: && Has Reinvented the Skateboard Again
« Reply #120 on: September 15, 2022, 11:47:46 PM »
I kinda like the Powell team and admittedly have enjoyed some of their vlog stuff but I always fast forward whenever tooth man is pointing the camera at his face or any of the talking shit basically. Really wish he would shut the fuck up sometimes cause the vibe is usually fun but Corrigan is annoying as fuck and his bad breath and rancid bo translate all the way through an iPhone and YouTube's smellgorithm. && seems like a nice enough kid but I think all the attention is starting to go to his head. I liked him a lot more before I saw the mini ramp mano a mano. You shouldn't have to explain gross-ass coping dance tricks before you do them. Also, I'm pretty sure he straight-up snaked a turn in the alternating offense and cheated to an early-round win. Not that it's very important or anything but still..

And I wouldn't let that Nigel dude within 500 meters of my children at a skatepark...

WavyDavy

• Rep: 128
« Reply #121 on: September 16, 2022, 02:39:01 AM »
Expand Quote
You guys talk about Powell like it's run out of a garage
[close]

The marketing side seems to be these days. They used to have an amazing brand, but its been a while since they made any real attempt. They don’t put out videos or great ads anymore, they just basically make their riders promote themselves on their own, and have lost any kind of positive image.

advertising and influencing via social media is way more effective than ads in magazines or releasing vids on thrasher.
those braille people did it the same way and just look hwo popular they are. i think nhs/santa cruz/krux/etc are doing it the same way. im always getting their videos/post shown on yt and insta.

therealnod

• Rep: 36
  • Brevity is
« Reply #122 on: September 16, 2022, 03:17:18 AM »
&& seems like a nice enough kid but I think all the attention is starting to go to his head. I liked him a lot more before I saw the mini ramp mano a mano. You shouldn't have to explain gross-ass coping dance tricks before you do them. Also, I'm pretty sure he straight-up snaked a turn in the alternating offense and cheated to an early-round win. Not that it's very important or anything but still..
This is where the problem is. He's clearly very good at skateboarding but has to be annoying for whatever reason. I refuse to believe that no one has told him this. Nevertheless he persists.

therealnod

• Rep: 36
  • Brevity is
« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2022, 03:27:45 AM »
I mean, if you're pulling out a notebook and doing a trick called button masher, you're acknowledging that you're doing some bullshit.

DefNotJimmy

• Rep: -16
« Reply #124 on: September 16, 2022, 03:36:36 AM »
Nigel dosent need to fuck kids you lunatics.

He just drives 10 year old kids down to spots El toro and let's em fuck them selves on their own accord.

Seriously tho even if he ain't diddling kids he represents a low place in skateboarding where some grown ass father and grown ass degen pedo vibe filmer split youtube revenue on the latest grom does x video. Majority of that dudes youtube channel the last couple years just him hanging out with some kid and their dad all day sk8n.

Nothing wrong with kids who rip but even nigels dad wasn't forcing him down eltoro at 10 years old.

fernando the skater

• Rep: 108
« Reply #125 on: September 16, 2022, 03:51:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
You guys talk about Powell like it's run out of a garage
[close]

The marketing side seems to be these days. They used to have an amazing brand, but its been a while since they made any real attempt. They don’t put out videos or great ads anymore, they just basically make their riders promote themselves on their own, and have lost any kind of positive image.
[close]

advertising and influencing via social media is way more effective than ads in magazines or releasing vids on thrasher.
those braille people did it the same way and just look hwo popular they are. i think nhs/santa cruz/krux/etc are doing it the same way. im always getting their videos/post shown on yt and insta.

I recall someone on here, think it might have been that Cheetahsheets? chap, saying if they were to start a team these days it should be based on skating ability (obviously, though FA seem to have other ideas), but equally important would be the personality they project via social media, as no-one is interested in some "cool" guy who maybe amazing at skateboarding but looks the same as all the other "cool" skateboarders and offers nothing you can't already get.

Rocco got rid of the need to do well at competitions to become a pro, now it's getting rid of the skaters whose skill is the abilty to produce some footage for a video every other year.

sacking rails

• Rep: -222
  • sacking rails
« Reply #126 on: September 16, 2022, 04:32:06 AM »
skating for powell is lame
circus tricks suck
long hair is lame
scientology accusations
keeping a literal notebook of tricks
dan corrigan

L dog

• Rep: -20
« Reply #127 on: September 16, 2022, 08:22:17 AM »
i might be in the minority here but i actually think dan corrigan is kinda funny. seems like he would be a fun guy to have around when he's not making videos. a little gaptoothed, witty gremlin. although i don't know if there would be a minute of the session that he's not pointing the camera at your or his face.

sacking rails

• sacking rails
« Reply #128 on: September 16, 2022, 08:23:05 AM »
i might be in the minority here but i actually think dan corrigan is kinda funny. seems like he would be a fun guy to have around when he's not making videos. a little gaptoothed, witty gremlin. although i don't know if there would be a minute of the session that he's not pointing the camera at your or his face.
you can still delete this

Sick_McCrank_

• Rep: -484
« Reply #129 on: September 16, 2022, 09:00:48 AM »
I wonder how much money && has made allready with all those boards.
Sometimes I admire him, sometimes I cringe watching him  :o
Trendwatch 2022: kooking Sick_McCrank_ everyday for being a kook

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
« Reply #130 on: September 16, 2022, 09:05:39 AM »
I wonder how much money && has made allready with all those boards.
Sometimes I admire him, sometimes I cringe watching him  :o
That depends if shops buy them from Powell to sell...I haven't seen a powell in wild for decades...

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Goodcurbs

• Rep: -279
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #131 on: September 16, 2022, 09:21:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Literally no one who is not terminally online knows who those people are
[close]
It would probably take me decades to get to 10,000 posts on this thing like you got.  If you're a skater and you have no idea who rides for Powell, then you're just not paying attention. You've posted 10,000 times on this slap messageboard and you're saying that only people that are chronically on the internet know who these guys are. People that don't pay attention are ignorant.
[close]

Without digging into your prior posts I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you are:

A) Nigel the Creep

B) Some other creep working for Powell's crusty marketing / relevancy department

C) An out-of-touch, destitute shop-owner that 'The Cool Guys' won't even give an account to and is now sitting on boxes of shit product from Rip N' Dip and Powell, with the only sales you've generated since January being from counterfeit Supreme shirts

Goodcurbs

• Rep: -279
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #132 on: September 16, 2022, 09:27:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
It would probably take me decades to get to 10,000 posts on this thing like you got.  If you're a skater and you have no idea who rides for Powell, then you're just not paying attention. You've posted 10,000 times on this slap messageboard and you're saying that only people that are chronically on the internet know who these guys are. People that don't pay attention are ignorant.
[close]

Without digging into your prior posts I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you are:

A) Nigel the Creep

B) Some other creep working for Powell's crusty marketing / relevancy department

C) An out-of-touch, destitute shop-owner that 'The Cool Guys' won't even give an account to and is now sitting on boxes of shit product from Rip N' Dip and Powell, with the only sales you've generated since January being from counterfeit Supreme shirts
[close]
You're bad at this. With 10,000 posts you can't do better than this? I'm goodcurbs. Who the fuck are you? 10,000 posts? What is Rip n dip?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 09:36:30 AM by Goodcurbs »

sacking rails

• sacking rails
« Reply #133 on: September 16, 2022, 09:37:34 AM »
damm ill make sure never to mess with badcurbs 8) 8) 8)

cky enthusiast

« Reply #134 on: September 16, 2022, 09:38:17 AM »
read that post in abe simpsons voice

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 167
« Reply #135 on: September 16, 2022, 10:59:38 AM »
I get they put Dan Corrigan on to help build their riders youtube channels, but he really isn’t helping them.  His skating paired with Andy/Powell only accentuates their worst qualities.  Really highlights how mismatched the whole group is.  Appreciate his hustle but I’m not a fan of his style at all, the way he wiggles around and tries to skate creatively, it makes me uncomfortable. And his wardrobe is sort of eggregious.  He pushes && content from a guilty pleasure down into a lower tier.

TheDingus

« Reply #136 on: September 16, 2022, 11:33:28 AM »
Dan corrigan is precisely everything that is wrong with skateboarding

sluggers

• Rep: -407
« Reply #137 on: September 16, 2022, 12:35:14 PM »
You know how you know you are being wildly successful out in the real world.?

Five pages of hate on Slap.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
« Reply #138 on: September 16, 2022, 02:08:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

A) Nigel the Creep

[close]
[close]
You're bad at this. With 10,000 posts you can't do better than this? I'm goodcurbs. Who the fuck are you? 10,000 posts? What is Rip n dip?
At the rate you're posting you'll be at 10,000 posts in a quarter of the time it took Oyolar.

I've skated many a good curb, and they didn't act like you, cmon' foo.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1095
« Reply #139 on: September 16, 2022, 02:23:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
what's up with the whole powell team being youtube vloggers?
[close]

Powell knowing how to make money. It's so weird how many people I've actually seen on Powell decks. They all leave the skatepark by 10AM.

He officially ruined chameleon paint for me with that new helmet.
[close]

Yeah, Powell realized that they will never have a "cool" team again and focused on what I assume is the largest growth area of skateboarding. There are skate YouTubers I've never heard of who will drop a video this week which will get more views in a week than the new GX1000 has after a month.
[close]
What are you talking about? Dan Corrigan seems cools as fuck. Doelling, &&,, the little kid, Chris hiett. It's a rad crazy team of misfits making videos just like Powell did back in the day before everyone else did. Should Powell be more like the real team. A whole team of the exact same personality?

I don’t know if you’re dumb or if this was a deliberate misreading of what I wrote.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Ankle_Lift

• Rep: 78
« Reply #140 on: September 16, 2022, 06:27:09 PM »
Seriously, what is with his helmet, all the time?

Does he have super low risk tolerance or made his mum a promise to always wear it or something?

I could see sporting one while chomping huge rails or big tranny, and wear one if you want, but c'mon, how fucked up you really gonna get if you fall doing some little ledges or freestyle flat ground.

vinithebr

• Rep: -21
« Reply #141 on: September 16, 2022, 06:53:53 PM »
Visiting the '&& a kook?' thread made me feel sick so I really needed to read some of these replies.

Faith in skateboarding fucking restored, I have the biggest smile on my face right now.

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #142 on: September 16, 2022, 07:17:47 PM »

L dog

• Rep: -20
« Reply #143 on: September 16, 2022, 08:18:33 PM »
is anyone else in this predicament where andy anderson vids keep getting recommended to you on youtube and you just end up watching them because you're bored and too lazy to find good vids to watch? feels like a vicious cycle that i can't get out of

Giftedly Hater’d

• Rep: 414
« Reply #144 on: September 16, 2022, 08:31:08 PM »

Does he have super low risk tolerance or made his mum a promise to always wear it or something?

I could see sporting one while chomping huge rails or big tranny, and wear one if you want, but c'mon, how fucked up you really gonna get if you fall doing some little ledges or freestyle flat ground.

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 167
« Reply #145 on: September 16, 2022, 08:43:09 PM »
is anyone else in this predicament where andy anderson vids keep getting recommended to you on youtube and you just end up watching them because you're bored and too lazy to find good vids to watch? feels like a vicious cycle that i can't get out of

You came to the right place, man. We’ll get through this together.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #146 on: September 17, 2022, 07:21:03 AM »

this aspect is the tip of the iceberg for && / Powell marketing ploy
it just shows his disingenuity
it's his own clown nose

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 497
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #147 on: September 17, 2022, 09:04:24 AM »
I get they put Dan Corrigan on to help build their riders youtube channels, but he really isn’t helping them.  His skating paired with Andy/Powell only accentuates their worst qualities.  Really highlights how mismatched the whole group is.  Appreciate his hustle but I’m not a fan of his style at all, the way he wiggles around and tries to skate creatively, it makes me uncomfortable. And his wardrobe is sort of eggregious.  He pushes && content from a guilty pleasure down into a lower tier.

This is it. I could tolerate Andy but with Corrigan it’s just made me hate the cunt. It’s like ‘oh you’re just a fuckin loser’.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #148 on: September 17, 2022, 09:51:26 AM »
Can't wait until the release announcement for his standard 8.5 popsicle shape.

Lord Viper Scorpion

« Reply #149 on: September 17, 2022, 10:44:54 AM »
looks like steezy skateboarding watches this thread