Author Topic: && Has Reinvented the Skateboard Again  (Read 14284 times)

cky enthusiast

Re: && Has Reinvented the Skateboard Again
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2022, 08:18:29 AM »
This popsicle shape with this nose that's bigger than the tail that everyone's been riding for 30 years  ignorant. Who ever came up with that? These idiots like Paul Schmitt. We should have been riding twin tails for the past 30 years. What the fuck is wrong with everyone thinking you need this weird oval shape that gets smaller in the back. The shape sucks and it's mass psychosis the twin tail isn't the main board shape in every shop.

spoken like a man who doesn’t use his nose much

JANUS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2022, 08:25:38 AM »
Honestly fuck andy anderson dude. i want to take off his helmet and beat his little butt until he screams in agony

Oh yeah? What would you do next? Tie him to the bed and give him a light choking? I bet he’d hate that.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 10:37:28 AM by JANUS »
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Goodcurbs

• Rep: -279
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2022, 08:32:25 AM »
Expand Quote
This popsicle shape with this nose that's bigger than the tail that everyone's been riding for 30 years  ignorant. Who ever came up with that? These idiots like Paul Schmitt. We should have been riding twin tails for the past 30 years. What the fuck is wrong with everyone thinking you need this weird oval shape that gets smaller in the back. The shape sucks and it's mass psychosis the twin tail isn't the main board shape in every shop.
[close]

Not trying to argue, stating facts.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2022, 08:32:33 AM »

Rodney…..

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2022, 08:34:37 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CiN2cecJt9o/
dude makes me feel ill

&& contributing to climate change by making thousands of skaters heated

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2022, 08:41:26 AM »
Think that first building they show at like 12 seconds is the one the CFO of Bed, Bath, & Beyond committed suicide by jumping out of like last week

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2022, 08:41:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Not trying to argue, stating facts.
Saying that twin tails should be the main board in every shop is not "stating facts", it's stating a wildly unpopular opinion.

Get hungry on it!

Ride it to dust

• Rep: 54
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2022, 08:42:44 AM »
Imagine the madness this guy must’ve endured before he was sponsored. Watched this last night and was positive he was just talking about fingers of flat when he mentions this “special “ WB feature. I dunno, i was high

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2022, 09:14:13 AM »

yes the symmetrical board makes total sense, it should've been always an option, but nothing in skateboarding till this point has gone along the lines of logical thought.
Dunno if someone tried it 30 years ago, but Mr. J Casanova launched a symmetrical board on plan b around 2008 and never got this much attention. I had forgotten about it till Ishod started talking about his board some years ago.

I think it never got popular cause the vast mayority of skaters suck at it and can't do tricks on every direction as we theorically could.

EDIT: 7.5 and 7.75  ::)

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2022, 09:20:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yes the symmetrical board makes total sense, it should've been always an option, but nothing in skateboarding till this point has gone along the lines of logical thought.
Dunno if someone tried it 30 years ago, but Mr. J Casanova launched a symmetrical board on plan b around 2008 and never got this much attention. I had forgotten about it till Ishod started talking about his board some years ago.

I think it never got popular cause the vast mayority of skaters suck at it and can't do tricks on every direction as we theorically could.

Its a gimmick

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

OMSK

• Rep: 39
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2022, 09:51:21 AM »
I've wanted to do this on a blank uncut with my 8.75 shape for a few months (use the nose shape for the tail shape too). If I can get my hands on one of these I will definitely try it out.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2022, 09:55:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

There were def symmetrical boards out before j rogs. I'm not against symmetrical boards really but there's as much advantage as there is disadvantage. Having different nose and tails can better for certain things. Id like a symmetrical sized board but one kick cut pointy and the other kinda square best of both worlds tail wise. Or they should double drill both ends of a symmetrical board so you can adjust you board as you like.

Hubba Bo-Tep

• Rep: 43
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2022, 10:03:25 AM »
Honestly fuck andy anderson dude. i want to beat off his helmet and take his little butt until he screams in agony

Gnared.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2022, 10:04:24 AM »
Wasn't Mike V's barnyard a twin tail back in the day?

OnSlapAtWork

• Rep: 16
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2022, 10:14:31 AM »
He sounds like Bert from Sesame Street.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2022, 10:19:11 AM »

Not really, I think the tail was bigger.

The Vision “double vision” it was ripped off from was symmetrical though

I think there was a really square Tony Hawk that came out shortly after that may have been totally symmetrical too, but it’s been ages since I’ve seen that one and my memory is pretty fuzzy
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2022, 10:20:57 AM »
Also I want to say that the nose was bigger in the early 90s because noseslides were really popular, and the tail being smaller was probably for 3 flips.  No idea why it stuck so long, it really doesn’t make any functional sense. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2022, 10:22:12 AM »
so now i gotta make sure me front and rear trucks are the same looseyness no thanks

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2022, 10:25:28 AM »
there's nothing new about a symmetrical board
How long DLX is making twin tails? 3 years?

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2022, 10:34:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not really, I think the tail was bigger.

The Vision “double vision” it was ripped off from was symmetrical though

I think there was a really square Tony Hawk that came out shortly after that may have been totally symmetrical too, but it’s been ages since I’ve seen that one and my memory is pretty fuzzy

i remember the square Tony Hawk deck..pretty rad for that era..

LebowskisRug

« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2022, 10:40:28 AM »
what's up with the whole powell team being youtube vloggers?

Powell knowing how to make money. It's so weird how many people I've actually seen on Powell decks. They all leave the skatepark by 10AM.

He officially ruined chameleon paint for me with that new helmet.

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2022, 10:40:49 AM »
this guy lives rent free in all of your heads lol

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 279
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2022, 10:44:30 AM »
Expand Quote
I can feel the wallets of all out of touch mid life skateboarders opening up.
[close]

I can hear the velcro ripping open from here.

"Gotta check with the ol' lady. I know it's 90 bucks but she's still pissed about the whole secret NFL red zone subscription..."

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 271
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2022, 11:01:21 AM »
Expand Quote
https://www.instagram.com/p/CiN2cecJt9o/
dude makes me feel ill
[close]
Bring back gatekeeping this kook needs to be shunned.  Fuck your slow coping dance and tic tacks. Dude should never be allowed outside skateparks.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -204
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2022, 11:07:31 AM »
I use my front truck looser than the back one, so buying a symmetrical its stupid for me cause I'll use the board the same way I've been doing it for 20+ years

This

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2022, 11:34:27 AM »

A collection of some of my favorite comments on this video

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

therealnod

• Rep: 36
  • Brevity is
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2022, 12:08:37 PM »

A collection of some of my favorite comments on this video
All the biggest names to have skated. That's big time

MysticalTypeExperience

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2022, 12:19:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Even if you never skate switch it still makes sense.

You never need to consider which way you're throwing your board down. Your deck, trucks and wheels all wear more evenly and your deck should last longer. The entire board is completely balanced.

323-BALM

• Rep: 46
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2022, 12:24:01 PM »
Canada.
You've clearly never smelled a cauliflower fart.