Author Topic: Kris Markovich nine club  (Read 5722 times)

Some dude

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -41
Kris Markovich nine club
« on: September 13, 2022, 12:53:34 PM »

..the ego on this guy. I’m surprised this isn’t already being talked shit about. He makes Sturt sound like a complete asshole

Underpressureflips

• Rep: 45
Re: Kris Markovich nine club
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2022, 12:57:27 PM »
He’s a kook. Was a ripper, now a kook.

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2022, 01:30:10 PM »
I don't follow the politics or the art, but it can't be overstated how gnarly this guy was during Color / Prime.  I will probably listen to this episode while whittling or something. 

Some dude

• Rep: -41
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2022, 01:41:51 PM »
I don't follow the politics or the art, but it can't be overstated how gnarly this guy was during Color / Prime.  I will probably listen to this episode while whittling or something.

what is he, 50? His Instagram skate clips are pretty ripping..but yea..it was a rough listen in a lot of spots.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 05:11:29 PM by Some dude »

doublesteveburger

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2022, 01:47:54 PM »
I skipped around, thank you to whoever's putting descriptors on their youtube channel.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2022, 01:54:46 PM »
An argument could be made that he is one of the most underrated guys from the early 90s.  And one of the best skaters in the world his age right now (his instagram clips are fucked up for an almost 50 year old).t
Yes the politics attitude tattoos and especially art are all trash.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1157
  • old and in the way
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2022, 02:17:01 PM »
Markovich seems completely fucking cooked from drug use. It's rad that he's filming a part at 50 and I look forward to watching it but that interview was depressing.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2022, 02:44:06 PM »
Markovich seems completely fucking cooked from drug use. It's rad that he's filming a part at 50 and I look forward to watching it but that interview was depressing.

For real like he was struggling to string together a conversation, and kept doing that thing where people can't look you in the eye when they arent being honest about something.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2022, 02:52:08 PM »
Is this whole inter view just him talking in one sentence non stop?

doublesteveburger

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2022, 03:00:06 PM »

sweating and fidgeting

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2022, 04:32:26 PM »
You could hear a pin drop when he mentioned Gator.

Are there any stories that paint Todd Swank as at least some what of a half decent person? Hollywood never had a chance.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2022, 07:15:04 PM »
You could hear a pin drop when he mentioned Gator.

Are there any stories that paint Todd Swank as at least some what of a half decent person? Hollywood never had a chance.

Been waiting for a hot minute for someone to drop that brand name. Hollywood crew went on to do Hellrose which was marginally better but most brands out of Syndrome distribution rarely had a fighting chance.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2022, 07:50:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

sweating and fidgeting

Guys… can you fucking blame him?? They don’t run the ac when the lights are on and they have fucking flies everywhere. That Justin Eldridge Es video had me cringing. Kris being interrupted by flies was annoying af. I’m over an hour in and enjoying it.  And so what if he talks the whole time? I’m loving these stores and dreading whenever cRob interrupts. I know everyone’s a hater but come on.

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2022, 08:02:10 PM »
30 seconds in and these dudes don't know the difference between WW2 Report and Snuff...

C'mon, this episode should have had Rog MC'ing or something.

Terrible

Maybe I'll check out the other 2:45:05 another time.

Mongey

• Rep: -5
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2022, 10:20:28 PM »
I liked it. First episode I’ve finished in months.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2022, 10:27:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

sweating and fidgeting
[close]

Guys… can you fucking blame him?? They don’t run the ac when the lights are on and they have fucking flies everywhere. That Justin Eldridge Es video had me cringing. Kris being interrupted by flies was annoying af. I’m over an hour in and enjoying it.  And so what if he talks the whole time? I’m loving these stores and dreading whenever cRob interrupts. I know everyone’s a hater but come on.

Don’t blame this on the lights and flies dude this has nothing to do with the lights and the flies you silly dingus.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 971
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2022, 10:39:52 PM »
Skated right over the Rico shit no problem. This was a slick interview.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2022, 12:12:21 AM »
rico shit? i also enjoyed it, dude cleaned up & is killing it. politics aside (which weren’t even mentioned) he had a lot of skate history to talk about & some stories i had never heard. has a kid, filming a part, sober, skating with good people and working at a skate shop… can we let some people’s history go that aren’t affiliated with rape/murder/racism and give them respect for the beautiful skateboarding contributions they have made & continue to make?

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

assvogel

• Rep: 200
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2022, 01:21:09 AM »
Things got a bit too salty towards the end there, but there's definitely good stories especially from the beginnings on Dogtown to later 90's.

Coincidentally, just got Art Bars VHS yesterday and his last part is still really good as it was 20 years ago.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1593
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2022, 01:40:56 AM »
Does he bring up his proclivity to painting faces at all?
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2022, 03:07:38 AM »
rico shit? i also enjoyed it, dude cleaned up & is killing it. politics aside (which weren’t even mentioned) he had a lot of skate history to talk about & some stories i had never heard. has a kid, filming a part, sober, skating with good people and working at a skate shop… can we let some people’s history go that aren’t affiliated with rape/murder/racism and give them respect for the beautiful skateboarding contributions they have made & continue to make?
No this is about your political views

Like everything in America

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2022, 03:19:52 AM »
Dude rips the Tampa area hard and always one of my fava growing up. Gonna be a while till I watch this though since I know it'll bum me out

sacking rails

• Rep: -222
  • sacking rails
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2022, 03:20:21 AM »
time to argue about conspiracies

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2022, 05:07:25 AM »
30 seconds in and these dudes don't know the difference between WW2 Report and Snuff...

C'mon, this episode should have had Rog MC'ing or something.

Terrible

Maybe I'll check out the other 2:45:05 another time.

thanks a lot, obama  >:(

augor

• Rep: -25
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2022, 06:15:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

sweating and fidgeting

By the end of the interview his shirt is covered with snot and what appears to be the dreaded cocaine drip from wiping it so much. His right shoulder legit looks like a toddlers shirt covered in body fluid.

Although Kris is a kook, the Color video is one of if not the most slept on underrated video of not just the 90s, but all of skateboarding.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2022, 06:36:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
An argument could be made that he is one of the most underrated guys from the early 90s.  And one of the best skaters in the world his age right now (his instagram clips are fucked up for an almost 50 year old).t
Yes the politics attitude tattoos and especially art are all trash.

He was def not underrated in the 90’s, maybe nowadays but he stood out for going big. I remember that photo over the water gap when it came out and it was absolutely nuts to contemplate at the time…

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2022, 06:44:59 AM »
Skated right over the Rico shit no problem. This was a slick interview.
rico or Rocco? I've read a ton of interviews with him and he for the most part doesn't have any issues with Rocco, he said the reason the relationship got screwed up was his fault. When his dad died he reached out to Rocco and got pissed that he didn't drop his whole life to be there for human thats why he quit Prime, he later realized that Rocco had his own life and was running multiple business and couldn't hault things for Kris's issues. Kris definitely had a different family dynamic than most, he has a few friends in New Olreans and they would point out his parents and dad in the background of a lot video clips he had. The one that stands out is either in Winona Riders or Stun he does a line at Webb Park and when he hits the last set of stairs you can see his dad his sister leaning over the ledge watching him.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 996
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2022, 06:47:08 AM »
Not gonna watch but did he bring up the time he and Chad Fernandez scheduled a boxing match at like ASR, promoted it for months, and Markovich chickened out at the last minute?

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2022, 06:56:15 AM »
I listened because I loved art bars as a kid. But holy shit he is fried. Like he couldn’t keep a train of thought and jumped around so much. There was times I thought I missed something that transitioned it into whatever was being talked about so I re listened to see what I missed. I missed nothing. Dude is just jumping all over the place and comes off as the really fried dude that talks at you but is talking about 6 things at once and never really finishes a story. He never said why he left foundation. Like magically he’s talking about something else then he’s back talking about 101 etc.

sluggers

• Rep: -407
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2022, 06:59:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

sweating and fidgeting
[close]

He also mentioned he had about five cups of coffee and has or had severe anxiety talking about himself so putting himself out there in this way must have been difficult to say the least.