Author Topic: New Baker Video w/ Figgy and Riley  (Read 11947 times)

bluntfullofmid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1
New Baker Video w/ Figgy and Riley
« on: September 15, 2022, 10:32:30 AM »
comes out tomorrow. hyped for this but wonder when they will realease the grown man Kader part
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CiiRuHnJ3dO/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1291
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: New Baker Video w/ Figgy and Riley
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2022, 10:46:44 AM »
comes out tomorrow. hyped for this but wonder when they will realease the grown man Kader part
Figgy had an unannounced full part in that Tyson/T-funk vid so fingers crossed theres a surprise Kader part.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2022, 11:07:34 AM »
Hope Riley doesn't leave me so bored as always

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 512
    • shop lurker avatar image
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2022, 11:11:25 AM »
direct video link for those without instagram, or who block ig trackers

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2022, 11:20:31 AM »
I hope there's no pressure flip shit from figgy. Is Riley still doing the coffee shop thing?

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2022, 11:25:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Figgy had an unannounced full part in that Tyson/T-funk vid so fingers crossed theres a surprise Kader part.
Figgy fit into the vibe of the T-Funk/Tyson video. I dont see Kader fitting in between Figgy or Riley at all.
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 265
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2022, 11:27:49 AM »
Riley Honk
Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 24
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2022, 11:32:47 AM »
pretty wild to me that Baker is essentially taking the video format that has emerged over the last decade, a smaller/segmented team video (a response to a more saturated digital landscape).. and instead of dropping one annually/bi-annually like most teams, they've dropped 3 so far this year, with potentially more on the way. (also if you count that Spanky part that dropped in spring). on top of that, talk of a rumored Kader part and Baker Has a Deathwish 2.

no doubt why their brand loyalty has remained constant through the years.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2022, 11:42:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Figgy fit into the vibe of the T-Funk/Tyson video. I dont see Kader fitting in between Figgy or Riley at all.
I always found it cool in the past that Baker had different vibes within each video project. Like having a video that can feature Herman and Baca. Or Antwuan and Spanky. I guess the teams bigger now and largely outside the LA centric team of the past but it would be cool to link different styles under the brand.

dannyprovolone

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2022, 11:48:42 AM »
has kader even had a legit part

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2022, 11:50:16 AM »
Kader's not even in the line up and y'all are finding reasons to complain about him  ::)

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2022, 11:55:06 AM »
Kader's not even in the line up and y'all are finding reasons to complain about him  ::)

exactly. what we should be complaining about is the 100% chance we have to listen to figgys shitty band again

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Natas Fauxas

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2022, 12:02:43 PM »

When did Kader become the focus of the team? I wanna see Riley and Figgy do their thing too. Shit any of the team really.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647

dannyprovolone

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2022, 12:22:22 PM »
Thanks for linking me brotha

Forgot about those

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2022, 12:38:53 PM »
Yeah his candyland footage is probably his best, save for maybe that adidas part this year. But candyland needs timestamps to enjoy the actual skate clips and fast forward through all the b-roll and gratuitous homelessness footage.

I still watch Rowans part from the beginning of this year weekly.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2022, 12:51:11 PM »
To derail the Kader talk, Figgy recently moved the same city I live in (Austin) and he's been on a tear as seen in the baker part earlier this year. He seems to have meshed well with the locals and skates alot. Love or hate is skating, you gotta respect the work he's putting in at his age while doing the type of skating he's known for. Also, good on him for venturing out and not getting stuck in the San Diego lifer loop that Provost, Riley, Milton, etc seems to be damned to.

zahed

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -25
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2022, 01:15:02 PM »
My guess is we get some Rowan action in here, which would be a treat. Know he's tight with Riley.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2022, 01:55:06 PM »
My guess is we get some Rowan action in here, which would be a treat. Know he's tight with Riley.

Maybe back in the Shep Dog days, but I doubt it now.

Mallie

• Rep: 36
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2022, 01:57:46 PM »
exactly. what we should be complaining about is the 100% chance we have to listen to figgys shitty band again

!!!!!
Chi vive in baracca, chi suda il salario,
Chi ruba pensioni, chi ha scarsa memoria,
Chi ha crisi interiori, chi scava nei cuori,
Chi legge la mano, chi regna sovrano,
Chi suda, chi lotta, chi mangia una volta,
Chi gli manca la casa, chi vive da solo,
Chi trova scontato, chi come ha trovato...

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2022, 05:00:20 PM »
Casper Brooker just shared the ig post for this video. I’m hoping he gets announced tomorrow with a surprise part
Untitled by

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2022, 06:34:46 PM »
Casper Brooker just shared the ig post for this video. I’m hoping he gets announced tomorrow with a surprise part
Untitled by

I guess…but I’m still a little bummed that those guys won’t be on a team anymore.    How the limo guys were able to make that transition and the AD guys struggled shocks me.   

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2022, 06:48:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Untitled by
[close]

I guess…but I’m still a little bummed that those guys won’t be on a team anymore.    How the limo guys were able to make that transition and the AD guys struggled shocks me.

Doesn't make too much of a difference since Atlantic Drift as a 'crew' will continue. They'll still put out videos, and you can still buy merch. Their output under 'Isle' was almost non-existent post Vase anyway.

Limosine had a leg up because Aaron Loreth is Benny Maglinao's right hand man at Hockey, so he would have a foot in door in most places and have the connections to make production happen rather seamlessly. He has access to it all.  You have Logan doing the team stuff, and Cyrus doing the graphics. Sounds like Drift was basically just Jacob trying to figure it all out on top of having long covid, and being across the pond, and maybe not being as equipped.

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -458
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2022, 07:04:14 PM »
Seconding the no pressure flips hope for figgy’s part, no complaints prepared aside from that.

If Kader does have a surprise part that would be great. Would suck to see him go the montage/coolguy route so many other young Supreme guys have gone

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2022, 07:14:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Untitled by
[close]

[close]

Doesn't make too much of a difference since Atlantic Drift as a 'crew' will continue. They'll still put out videos, and you can still buy merch. Their output under 'Isle' was almost non-existent post Vase anyway.

Limosine had a leg up because Aaron Loreth is Benny Maglinao's right hand man at Hockey, so he would have a foot in door in most places and have the connections to make production happen rather seamlessly. He has access to it all.  You have Logan doing the team stuff, and Cyrus doing the graphics. Sounds like Drift was basically just Jacob trying to figure it all out on top of having long covid, and being across the pond, and maybe not being as equipped.

Interesting.  Didn’t know all that about Loreth.   

Btw, surprised no one’s wondered if this is going to be a burn off of Reynolds vans footage

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2022, 08:04:13 PM »
i’m sure kader is just gathering as much footage as he possibly can for the full on blow-out/soty push video part that everyone is assuming he’s been working toward, which will probably drop in november as mentioned. i’m sure ishod, louie & some other heavy hitters will all be dropping something around then so, if we’ve learned anything in recent years, it’s better to drop as late as possible before more insane parts drop right after. it is somewhat funny to me how we all have just assumed that is what’s happening from the beginning of the year since his adidas part dropped. not that it’s a wild assumption with his shoe dropping, a thrasher cold call & his age/talent. i’m just surprised more people aren’t assuming the same from tfunk. absolutely insane video part, thrasher cover at a legendary sf spot doing the trick everyone thought was impossible or would never be done. he also had a contents in the last mag doing a gap to grind on that double set in sf with the outledge that daan back tailed. he might have another part coming out as well, imagine baker dropping their last video as a tfunk/kader video.. they grew up together & tfunk kind of got him noticed by reynolds, would be a really cool concept to me & it’s not too wild to imagine being that figgy & riley both dropped parts earlier this year as well and now are having their own video tomorrow. whatever the case is, wild ass year for baker & super exciting. team of the year without a doubt.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

suhdude

• Rep: 10
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2022, 02:20:24 AM »

bohemian

• Rep: -303
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2022, 02:24:17 AM »
figgy is such a beast. always a treat, love the dude

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2022, 02:47:58 AM »
I have an intense dislike of Figgy and am largely indifferent about Riley. Hope Casper delivers!

bohemian

• Rep: -303
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2022, 03:02:43 AM »
I have an intense dislike of Figgy and am largely indifferent about Riley. Hope Casper delivers!

nice try troll