Author Topic: New Baker Video w/ Figgy and Riley  (Read 11996 times)

Sleazy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: New Baker Video w/ Figgy and Riley
« Reply #150 on: September 19, 2022, 05:19:50 AM »
riley's line with the back 5050, nollie flip and ollie over to fs tail is at the school my daughter plays volley ball at so was stoked to see that one and my daughter got a kick out of it. enjoyed this. music was great and seeing so many austin spots was sick living here. reynolds has been on fire, lyric will work out or he wont but the boss is killing it with the team.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 677
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #151 on: September 19, 2022, 08:38:13 AM »
crazy to me people are saying that’s rileys best part when these exist

skating to black sabbath is the best thing you can do

he looked like he was having a lot more fun back then

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 677
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
« Reply #152 on: September 19, 2022, 08:41:38 AM »
that was probably the worst one they have done since baker 4 but it was still worth watching anyway. the last one was really good. they should really come up with titles for these. it is annyoing to have to be like "man remember the baker video from 2022 when zach turned pro" then your homey is like "was that the one with rowan" and then youre like "yeah i think so? wait"

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #153 on: September 19, 2022, 09:08:23 AM »
that was probably the worst one they have done since baker 4 but it was still worth watching anyway. the last one was really good. they should really come up with titles for these. it is annyoing to have to be like "man remember the baker video from 2022 when zach turned pro" then your homey is like "was that the one with rowan" and then youre like "yeah i think so? wait"
personally like it better than all the one or two word titles that are even easier to forget. imagine if it were all the ingredients of a cheeseburger & you had this same conversation. “that crook back lip figgy did in ketchup was fucking lame!” … ‘whaaat are you talking about?! that was in top bun fool!’ … wait okay now that i think of it top bun is a great name for a video.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 27
« Reply #154 on: September 19, 2022, 09:45:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Video was sick, Figgy with the most legal crook backlip ever and Riley with all his identities (gotta catch em all). Everybody killed it, can't wait for Casper's part and get his board.

PS: I don't like that Lyric kid.
[close]
Word - first time in my life I enjoyed to watch
that Trick. Figgy and Riley are the guys at baker i am less interested in, rest of the team I am totally hyped about.

But Figgy is still a top notch rail jockey - and I have respect for that - some good stuff. - and this was as far I remember Riley’s most interesting part to watch. So positive surprised.

Where do Reynolds found all this kids with this crazy names Zach, Funkhouser, Kader, now a Lyric…
But the name was the most interesting- skating didn’t convince me yet.
But I trust In Reynolds - if he see something in him - he knows better then me.

[close]
truly the wildest name of them all

i dont know the Zach situation in the U.S right now. But in Italy, Hungary, Austria, Swiss, Germany, France, Spain, Danmark and SwedenI know and meet plenty of people on and off the board, in different ages. I never meet an Zach or Zacharias which will be the origin of the name... so for me the name is kind of special.

exlurker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 554
« Reply #155 on: September 19, 2022, 10:03:40 AM »

Zachs are legion my dude. Dominating bayside with effortless charisma

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1221
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #156 on: September 19, 2022, 05:39:05 PM »
Expand Quote
crazy to me people are saying that’s rileys best part when these exist

skating to black sabbath is the best thing you can do
[close]

he looked like he was having a lot more fun back then
that’s what i was saying earlier in the thread. definitely get the same vibe. i guess when you got it like that it gets boring

eezz

• Rep: 5
« Reply #157 on: September 21, 2022, 01:43:09 AM »
Expand Quote
I’m very impressed by Baker re-inventing the way to release videos in 2022. I like that it has been consistent enough while still feeling loose and not too rigid or planned out.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a brand like Primitive take this approach and streamline it to something where they put out a video every month for an entire year.
[close]

I’m hyped on it too. It’s even more impressive when you think about Reynolds put a bunch of cliche mediocre stoners on the team at the beginning of the last decade. Let’s be real Riley’s only there cause or who his dad as this point, I think we all forgot he was even on baker( I kinda thought he quit) but no one with exception to Riley who was put on before 2015  is on the team anymore. Reynolds literally rebuilt a whole team cause he fucked up . And kinda wasted an entire decade. And then baker 4 dropped and kicked off this whole new era of cool baker again. I imagine 13 year olds feel about baker the way I did in 2005 that’s cool

who was on baker at the start of the 2010's? I was 12 then and only followed girl/chocolate and street league lol

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #158 on: September 21, 2022, 02:40:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I’m very impressed by Baker re-inventing the way to release videos in 2022. I like that it has been consistent enough while still feeling loose and not too rigid or planned out.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a brand like Primitive take this approach and streamline it to something where they put out a video every month for an entire year.
[close]

I’m hyped on it too. It’s even more impressive when you think about Reynolds put a bunch of cliche mediocre stoners on the team at the beginning of the last decade. Let’s be real Riley’s only there cause or who his dad as this point, I think we all forgot he was even on baker( I kinda thought he quit) but no one with exception to Riley who was put on before 2015  is on the team anymore. Reynolds literally rebuilt a whole team cause he fucked up . And kinda wasted an entire decade. And then baker 4 dropped and kicked off this whole new era of cool baker again. I imagine 13 year olds feel about baker the way I did in 2005 that’s cool
[close]

who was on baker at the start of the 2010's? I was 12 then and only followed girl/chocolate and street league lol
Don't really think Reynolds fucked up and wasted a decade. Had a perfectly fine team that fans of baker liked.

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #159 on: September 22, 2022, 11:09:54 AM »
wonder why they annouced that Lyric kid before officially announcing and putting on Vince Palmer
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #160 on: September 22, 2022, 11:34:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I saw bake and destroy at a shop when I was 14 and I shook Brayden's hand it was sick
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 645
« Reply #161 on: September 27, 2022, 02:47:26 PM »
Dating Kurt Cobain's daughter was the best thing to happen to Riley's skating and overall appearance.

Lyric kinda looks like a shorter, less well dressed version of glaive, this hyperpop star I listen to.

Overall I liked the video.

Loady McGee

• Rep: 55
« Reply #162 on: September 28, 2022, 05:50:58 AM »
Word around town is that The Boss is grooming this Lyric kid to become the next Dollin on the team now that the real one is getting too old and out of shape to get footage.

I actually enjoyed this Riley part. Best thing in this video by far was spanly's line though.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #163 on: September 28, 2022, 05:53:55 AM »
Word around town is that The Boss is grooming this Lyric kid to become the next Dollin on the team now that the real one is getting too old and out of shape to get footage.

I actually enjoyed this Riley part. Best thing in this video by far was spanly's line though.
Seems more like a new Knox Godoy. A vox Godoy perhaps.

Gasstationgarry

• Rep: 0
« Reply #164 on: September 28, 2022, 02:28:29 PM »
Figgy's frontside flip into the gap-to-bank was too casual. Crook back lip was sick too.
ive skated that spot a ton and to even ollie into it you have to haul complete ass.
blob:https://imgur.com/99a29482-a4b4-4bd4-935b-d63d9db0e647

dannyprovolone

« Reply #165 on: September 28, 2022, 02:30:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Faux Godoy

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 218
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #166 on: September 28, 2022, 08:44:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Faux Godoy
Winner.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #167 on: September 29, 2022, 04:02:39 AM »
Great video. Maybe I’m biased since moving in stereo is one of my favorite songs but that Riley part was great. Those Riley His look like the AA Authentic his.

Really enjoy what baker has been doing. Too bad crail won’t take a page from bakers game plan and do similar video releases. This is how a 20+ year old brand stays relevant.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus