Author Topic: Spike Jonze - Epicly Later'd  (Read 3369 times)

Abyss1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
Re: Spike Jonze - Epicly Later'd
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2022, 09:43:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
this made me realize he hasnt made a movie in years. Where you at Spike?
[close]

He directed an Aziz Ansari standup and that Beastie Boys doc, but would be nice to see another movie.
[close]

Lol, you mean the 90 mins of Adam and Mike cancelling themselves before the internet could?
[close]

I like the Beastie Boys but haven't seen the doc yet. How are they cancellable?
[close]

I don’t know - I saw it and don’t remember anything egregious, particularly as they were pretty enlightened as far as rap and celebrities were concerned in the 90s.   Seeing how they haven’t been cancelled and thst docs been out for years shows this is a meaningless comment
[close]
I think it's more they're just like when we had the song girls saying they should do our laundry etc it wasn't us it was us doing a character trying to make fun of misogyny. Like it's just them really trying to make sure everyone knows where they're coming from.
[close]

I don’t know.  They used to roll with this drummer, kinda ditched her to make beastie boys, then used their clout to try and make good by giving lucious Jackson albums on grand royal

She rips here.  Love this live versio

I had this album and it was one of my favorites growing up

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2022, 10:28:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

He directed an Aziz Ansari standup and that Beastie Boys doc, but would be nice to see another movie.
[close]

Lol, you mean the 90 mins of Adam and Mike cancelling themselves before the internet could?
[close]

[close]

I don’t know - I saw it and don’t remember anything egregious, particularly as they were pretty enlightened as far as rap and celebrities were concerned in the 90s.   Seeing how they haven’t been cancelled and thst docs been out for years shows this is a meaningless comment
[close]
I think it's more they're just like when we had the song girls saying they should do our laundry etc it wasn't us it was us doing a character trying to make fun of misogyny. Like it's just them really trying to make sure everyone knows where they're coming from.
[close]

I don’t know.  They used to roll with this drummer, kinda ditched her to make beastie boys, then used their clout to try and make good by giving lucious Jackson albums on grand royal

[close]

That song in particular is so good. The music video as well

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2022, 11:22:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

That song in particular is so good. The music video as well

Also, rare appearance of “lead singer on bass”