Author Topic: Was SLS Vegas 22 so shit that...  (Read 5966 times)

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
Re: Was SLS Vegas 22 so shit that...
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2022, 10:25:48 PM »
It played on ESPN2 tonight. Flipped to it and was blown away by how bad it was.

1) The venue they were in was so small. The course was so small too.

2) The obstacles were made out of like corrugated metal and staging equipment. Looked so low budget and dangerous to skate.

3) Most notably (this is on ESPN's end) the video feed was in like 1080i or 720i? The on screen display of all of the scores was constantly flickering really bad like a 480i videogame or something. Every single horizontal line was flickering up and down. I can't believe in 2022 that I saw this on my screen. What century are we in that their equipment feed was interlaced? No other channel had this issue (including ESPN1) so it was just ESPN2.

4) The lighting was pretty bad like it was a karaoke bar or something.

I really don't know what to say, this was one of the most bizarre skateboarding events I've seen. And I saw Dew Tour with giant Dew cans all over the course a few months ago.

Shoutout to the giant inflatable cans (there was more than one) that were all placed directly between the audience and the skateboarding.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

versacekid420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1192
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2022, 11:03:13 AM »
Andrew Cannon commenting on Braden’s gap to 5050 was interesting. “Look at the way he just sucks that up right there.”
mf got hungry on it !

Kenny Powers

• Rep: 30
  • You're fuckin' out
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2022, 11:06:48 AM »
I've said before I don't see sls still being a thing after the next Olympics (if it even lasts that long). I think covid really fucked it plus X games and dew tour only seem to do one a year at the same parks too. If it follows this trend I can see any skater that doesn't care about the Olympics not even bothering with it anymore. Can't find anywhere that says how much they win either but I think a few years ago it was down to like 25 instead of the original 250 grand.
(Also commented this elsewhere) funny seeing Dyrdek there as it was the total opposite of everything he created. Wonder what he was thinking.

"I'm the man who has the ball, I'm the man who can throw it faster than fuck. So that is why I am better than everyone in the world. Kiss my ass and suck my dick. Everyone.” – Kenny Powers

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2022, 11:14:45 AM »
It played on ESPN2 tonight. Flipped to it and was blown away by how bad it was.

1) The venue they were in was so small. The course was so small too.

2) The obstacles were made out of like corrugated metal and staging equipment. Looked so low budget and dangerous to skate.

3) Most notably (this is on ESPN's end) the video feed was in like 1080i or 720i? The on screen display of all of the scores was constantly flickering really bad like a 480i videogame or something. Every single horizontal line was flickering up and down. I can't believe in 2022 that I saw this on my screen. What century are we in that their equipment feed was interlaced? No other channel had this issue (including ESPN1) so it was just ESPN2.

4) The lighting was pretty bad like it was a karaoke bar or something.

I really don't know what to say, this was one of the most bizarre skateboarding events I've seen. And I saw Dew Tour with giant Dew cans all over the course a few months ago.

Shoutout to the giant inflatable cans (there was more than one) that were all placed directly between the audience and the skateboarding.

Despite the massive cans spread throughout the course, at least the Dew Tour had a coherent park layout. The SLS Vegas course was abysmal.

Southernmost

• Rep: 115
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2022, 02:56:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Andrew Cannon commenting on Braden’s gap to 5050 was interesting. “Look at the way he just sucks that up right there.”
[close]
mf got hungry on it !

Absolutely amazing the way he takes the pipe down to Mami.

Mandatory Reload

• Rep: 78
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2022, 04:22:44 PM »
that Chloe Covell girl is crazy good. switch flipping down gaps like that at age 12 is fucked up, definitely think she's gonna be giving Rayssa a good run for her money over the next few years.

was cool to see a few interesting faces on the podium this time. bigups to Poe Pinson, she was ripping and it was dope to see her do well. was really hoping Braden would take it but stoked to see him up there as well.

finally, not the biggest Joslin fan but damn he is still in full send mode and was killing it. he's gotta be in his 30s now and seems to not care at all lol

in contrast to what everyone else is saying, i think these contests are a lot more fun when Nyjah/Yuto/etc. aren't around and some of the more traditional street skaters get a chance to shine. gets a little boring when it's the same 2-3 skaters taking it every time

(when did i become a contest nerd? fuck)

tonyhawksmanywives

• Rep: 9
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2022, 04:36:25 PM »
although its terribly ugly, im fine with mtn dew throwing their stupid cans and logos all over these contests because it allows for them to put on these fun contests with a significantly higher budget and outreach. (ive always enjoyed dew tours) but SLS has no excuse for how big of a fuck up it has been in the past couple years and i would not even bat an eye if it stopped.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2022, 04:59:01 PM »
I'd like to see Manny Madness or Wheely Dope or whatever get bigger. I wanna go to one of those. Or Slides and Grinds. I watched all of those.
That championship battle with the red head kid who got on primitive had me on the edge of my chair. Skidding out on the last trick. Fucking classic tv for me. It's up there with WKRP and Golden Girls.

I never watch sls. Those guys use ramps that are too small.

I like the vans pool party.

I never fucked with x games. Then the military got involved in that shit.

Don't join!!!!
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1192
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2022, 05:10:21 PM »
I'd like to see Manny Madness or Wheely Dope or whatever get bigger. I wanna go to one of those. Or Slides and Grinds. I watched all of those.
That championship battle with the red head kid who got on primitive had me on the edge of my chair. Skidding out on the last trick. Fucking classic tv for me. It's up there with WKRP and Golden Girls.

Don't join!!!!
tell em flea bite

stringsnthings

• Rep: -48
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2022, 07:27:45 PM »
that Chloe Covell girl is crazy good. switch flipping down gaps like that at age 12 is fucked up, definitely think she's gonna be giving Rayssa a good run for her money over the next few years.

was cool to see a few interesting faces on the podium this time. bigups to Poe Pinson, she was ripping and it was dope to see her do well. was really hoping Braden would take it but stoked to see him up there as well.

finally, not the biggest Joslin fan but damn he is still in full send mode and was killing it. he's gotta be in his 30s now and seems to not care at all lol

in contrast to what everyone else is saying, i think these contests are a lot more fun when Nyjah/Yuto/etc. aren't around and some of the more traditional street skaters get a chance to shine. gets a little boring when it's the same 2-3 skaters taking it every time

Lol i said the same thing but he's 26. I'm 30 and idk why but I always assumed he was my age as well.

Mandatory Reload

• Rep: 78
« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2022, 08:34:14 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Lol i said the same thing but he's 26. I'm 30 and idk why but I always assumed he was my age as well.

jesus okay i stand corrected lol wow

he must’ve been really young both when he blew up and when he had kids

FuzzGNU

• Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2022, 09:22:19 PM »

Don't join!!!!

Military advertising at Dew Tour now. Seems to be their main sponsor.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

Mongey

• Rep: -5
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2022, 11:06:58 PM »
Course sucked but i enjoyed watching it as a distraction from my Commute.

Rayessa is awesome , but getting sick of her bag of tricks. She needs some new stuff.

bohemian

• Rep: -303
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2022, 01:29:38 AM »

Don't join!!!!

Slides and Grinds are fucking awesome.