Author Topic: Louie, Again & Again - FA Part  (Read 12644 times)

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 164
Re: Louie, Again & Again - FA Part
« Reply #150 on: September 27, 2022, 03:00:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
what video part was the song even used in?

Who would you guys pick for soty then?
I like Jeff Carlyle
[close]

T Funk, Sean Greene, Carlyle, Louie seem to be the frontrunners in my mind right now. I think T Funk has the advantage with the generational Thrasher cover. I can't think of a cover that memorable since Tyshawn's subway ollie, and that got him SOTY.

Its a bit wild to me Sean Greene isn't getting as much heat as Carlyle, they both fucking killed it.
[close]
I say this without any sarcasm but Carlyle's beard makes him stand out. Sometimes that extra memorable trait can boost a skater's notoriety.

it’s crazy he’s looked the same since he was a kid. like 12 years ago he had the beard and looked 40 but he was in high school

Mandatory Reload

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #151 on: September 27, 2022, 10:42:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I like Jeff Carlyle
[close]

T Funk, Sean Greene, Carlyle, Louie seem to be the frontrunners in my mind right now. I think T Funk has the advantage with the generational Thrasher cover. I can't think of a cover that memorable since Tyshawn's subway ollie, and that got him SOTY.

Its a bit wild to me Sean Greene isn't getting as much heat as Carlyle, they both fucking killed it.
[close]
I say this without any sarcasm but Carlyle's beard makes him stand out. Sometimes that extra memorable trait can boost a skater's notoriety.

this is especially true in this circumstance because the bulk of the coverage both of these guys have had has been in the GX videos where not only are there no name titles but almost everyone in the crew dresses and looks identical. Jeff stands out because he has an ever so slightly unique look to the rest of the people in the GX videos (in addition to being really gnarly), whereas Sean blends in a bit more with everyone else visually imo

fried

• Rep: 51
« Reply #152 on: September 28, 2022, 12:51:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I like Jeff Carlyle
[close]

[close]
[close]

it’s crazy he’s looked the same since he was a kid. like 12 years ago he had the beard and looked 40 but he was in high school

Jeff Carlyle soty would be dope.

If Phelps were still around I could picture him giving it to him or tfunk. They did some unreal shit in SF

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #153 on: September 28, 2022, 05:33:47 AM »
that was an enjoyable part, easy to watch, great mix of skating, lots of speed and tech.

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #154 on: September 28, 2022, 05:44:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I like Jeff Carlyle
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Jeff Carlyle soty would be dope.

If Phelps were still around I could picture him giving it to him or tfunk. They did some unreal shit in SF
Good point. I don't think T-Funk can win SOTY in today's day and age, but in the Phelps era I could totally see Jake Phelps arbitrarily deciding to give it to him after the ollie at China Banks went down.

I can hear the slurred rant about "San Fran-motherfucking-cisco kid. It don't get any more real than than that. Coco Santiago, Phil Shao, big love" etc as he gives the award to Funkhouser.

Haha. I miss his presence in the skateboarding world. A good elder statesman for us, warts, foibles, and all.