Author Topic: Louie, Again & Again - FA Part  (Read 12611 times)

bluntfullofmid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 08:11:22 AM by dudeonthecouch »
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

BALAKOV

• Rep: 17
Re: Louie, Again & Again - FA Part
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2022, 08:48:37 AM »
this is it, ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the 2022 soty

Clemskiba

• Rep: 50
  • almost canadian
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2022, 08:50:43 AM »
ohhhh shieeet!

We're all posting on a message board in 2022. We're all losers.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2022, 08:54:07 AM »
I absolutely love more louie footage, but kinda hate the soty comments. Or especially that soty now just means(to people) releasing a fuckton of footy. They haven't even seen the part and scream soty.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2022, 08:56:21 AM »
I absolutely love more louie footage, but kinda hate the soty comments. Or especially that soty now just means(to people) releasing a fuckton of footy. They haven't even seen the part and scream soty.
Right. SOTY just because you deserve it doesn’t work when T Funk already ollied the big bench at China Banks.

Jewel Runner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 101
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2022, 08:56:40 AM »

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2022, 09:22:24 AM »
Reynolds got it because Phelps liked the sequence of his kickflip down a Paris stair set. I want to see Soty go back to that. I know he had a part but T-Funk should get it just for his ollie. Also, having no shoe sponsors and winning soty would be sick. I think Foy was the last one since it was between diamond and NB I believe.

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2022, 09:22:54 AM »
Dill: “Make sure you get a shot of this doodle I did.”

Editor: “Of Spike from Peanuts? The character you didn’t create that you draw all the time? That one?”

Dill: “It’s kind of a thing of mine.”

Editor: “Uh huh.”

Dill: “Actually, show it a few times. I really want people to think ‘Jason Dill’ when they’re watching a video of one of my riders.”

Editor: “Got it.”

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2022, 09:24:09 AM »
Dill: “Make sure you get a shot of this doodle I did.”

Editor: “Of Spike from Peanuts? The character you didn’t create that you draw all the time? That one?”

Dill: “It’s kind of a thing of mine.”

Editor: “Uh huh.”

Dill: “Actually, show it a few times. I really want people to think ‘Jason Dill’ when they’re watching a video of one of my riders.”

Editor: “Got it.”
Not the biggest Dill fan but do you think the same thing of Gonz and Templeton?

EDIT: Saw the "character you didn't create" part and fair enough. I will leave my comment here to own the shame.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2022, 09:28:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Right. SOTY just because you deserve it doesn’t work when T Funk already ollied the big bench at China Banks.
Ollieing the big bench at China Banks means you deserve SOTY.  Not Louies year.

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2022, 11:34:02 AM »
Hopefully they realized their mistake and the bad precedent they set making Suciu SOTY based on footage quantity.

Anyways, regardless of who gets an award this year any new Louie footage is going to be excellent

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2022, 11:50:03 AM »
the TFunk Chinatown bench ollie is no doubt gnarly but i'd personally rather see Louie get it this year.

i agree the pre-part SOTY speculation is a bit premature, but he's been a top contender going back a handful of years to 2017 or so and easily one of the best street skaters today, so I'd hope he gets one soon.

considering how much he's been touring the US and now Mexico with Ryan, I'd imagine he's got a considerable stack beyond this part, with another likely dropping later this year.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2022, 03:51:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Shouldn’t you take that up with Suciu, who won SOTY the year the trick was landed and was a cover?

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2022, 04:33:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Shouldn’t you take that up with Suciu, who won SOTY the year the trick was landed and was a cover?
he’s wearing a different shirt on the cover photo than he is in the clip so it’s definitely a different day. i don’t imagine they’d run the cover without knowing he landed it but, it is possible that he went back and got it in the beginning of this year. also, it seems like he’s definitely on vans since that’s all he has been skating for a while now, maybe a intro part is in store for the end of this year for the extra soty push (hopefully).

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 158
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2022, 04:42:57 PM »
What does he have to do to win soty?  Is it just output like Mark or does he need to get more gnar for the mag

Rewatching the david gonz raw footy it seems like back in the day when transworld was still a factor thrasher had to differentiate themselves more, and Guy was more clean, tech, less thrasher oriented

Things have maybe changed now, but if Phelps were still making the call I think TFunk would be way out front of Louie right now

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2022, 04:56:33 PM »
Reynolds got it because Phelps liked the sequence of his kickflip down a Paris stair set. I want to see Soty go back to that. I know he had a part but T-Funk should get it just for his ollie. Also, having no shoe sponsors and winning soty would be sick. I think Foy was the last one since it was between diamond and NB I believe.
I think he was still on Diamond at the time, but that year Louie should have won between West-End and his Spitfire part. He sort of broke out with his Volcolm part the year before from his grom status, and those parts just cemented he was one of the best doing it.

I think Foy was the first person to win it ever though he entered the year as an AM, but it felt his King of the Road footage from the year before played a really big part since Thrasher was pushing that Vice show.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2022, 06:20:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
he’s wearing a different shirt on the cover photo than he is in the clip so it’s definitely a different day. i don’t imagine they’d run the cover without knowing he landed it but, it is possible that he went back and got it in the beginning of this year. also, it seems like he’s definitely on vans since that’s all he has been skating for a while now, maybe a intro part is in store for the end of this year for the extra soty push (hopefully).

Or he’s just wearing default skate shoes.  Doesn’t strike me as the kind of personality a lot of companies are lining up to have to deal with (as his ongoing lack of shoe sponsor shows)

zahed

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -28
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2022, 05:04:41 AM »
just give it to lou already. stoked he's going for it and we all get footage

he got robbed by foy that year. pretty sure he dropped west end and won tampa that year. just rewatched that winning run and can't even imagine being that good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WcOPtD6YfQ

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -454
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2022, 03:05:48 PM »
Really needs to be a flair or something in thread titles to denote the video isn’t in thread yet.

Regardless, hype for this. Louie has deserved SOTY for awhile, would be cool to see him get it.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2022, 07:33:11 PM »
just give it to lou already. stoked he's going for it and we all get footage

he got robbed by foy that year. pretty sure he dropped west end and won tampa that year. just rewatched that winning run and can't even imagine being that good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WcOPtD6YfQ

that was incredible

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2022, 09:13:25 PM »
Oh it's his year alright.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2022, 09:43:53 PM »
the TFunk Chinatown bench ollie is no doubt gnarly but i'd personally rather see Louie get it this year.

i agree the pre-part SOTY speculation is a bit premature, but he's been a top contender going back a handful of years to 2017 or so and easily one of the best street skaters today, so I'd hope he gets one soon.

considering how much he's been touring the US and now Mexico with Ryan, I'd imagine he's got a considerable stack beyond this part, with another likely dropping later this year.

Yup, I read it in some terrible website with even more terrible art that said something like Louie’s sitting on a butt ton of footage.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2022, 05:35:29 AM »
it's thursday, where is this video?! i don't care that it's 530am!

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2022, 05:42:53 AM »
Cant wait gonna be sick

Allez_Jambon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2022, 05:55:30 AM »
come on goddamnit i keep on refreshing the page. 9am PST so people can get their first coffee at work and start their day off well?

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 323
  • Low Scovilles
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2022, 06:20:08 AM »
Hopefully they realized their mistake and the bad precedent they set making Suciu SOTY based on footage quantity.

Anyways, regardless of who gets an award this year any new Louie footage is going to be excellent

First one to get for the footage dump was Silas. Fun fact.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2022, 06:51:58 AM »
Soty is jock shit. End it.

ohtight

• Rep: 19
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2022, 07:33:54 AM »

naw this is silly. suciu would have won it with just his spitfire and flora parts alone. also didnt mason put out like 3 or 4 parts the year he won it too?  ::)

anyways, where louie part???
zzz

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2022, 07:59:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

naw this is silly. suciu would have won it with just his spitfire and flora parts alone. also didnt mason put out like 3 or 4 parts the year he won it too?  ::)

Mason did, it's just that his were more spread out. Tyshawn won off of one part and a short extra video(which was still fucked). Milton one off of one part I believe?

People just want to whine about a subjective award.

anyways, where louie part???

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2022, 08:11:31 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3QqchwDr10

back feeble on the bank to red bar in atlanta is insane. that shit is so tall.
that black blocks line is *chefs kiss*
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 08:34:03 AM by dudeonthecouch »
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap