Author Topic: Louie, Again & Again - FA Part  (Read 12609 times)

HiResDes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -39
Re: Louie, Again & Again - FA Part
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2022, 10:03:48 AM »
First of huge LOL at the ABD ass song. FA is the most cool guy company yet they could not find some deep cut death grunge song? So instead they gotta bite Primitive? LOL

Louie once again puts the whole FA/Hockey squad to shame. He might have the best pants in skating, not too baggy but not too fitted either. And the tricks were amazing of course. End was super cool too.
Personally I prefer a little grime and sketch in my skating and Louie's skating is so effortless and perfect sometimes it's boring. I would rather watch Ben Kadow do a triple backflip

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -291
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2022, 10:05:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That was incredible. Amazing job by Benny.

Did someone else skate to Fanfare for naran ratan recently? Dylan Jaeb in the Primitive Video maybe?

The way he did his ender was insane. He caught the front shove level, and basically forced it down into nosegrind.
[close]

It was used in the Jante - 10:34 video.
[close]

I didn't know it was already ABD before the Primitive video, so FA used a double ABD song. I can't lol any harder at that. Who is doing the quality control over there? Obviously the editor is too cool to watch Primitive/Euro videos or too cool to at least check skatevideosite.com, which is actually on brand.
[close]
it's weird that you're angry at FA about this but not primitive. actually it's just weird you're angry about it at all

Not angry but I find it hilarious. The editor couldn’t take three seconds to search it on skatevideosite.com? The edit works no doubt, but even my homie video that no one will see didn’t use any ABD songs. It just screams lack of awareness because they’re too cool. And FWIW I did watch the Jante video (obv quickly forgot about it).  The song was vaguely familiar when I saw Define but I couldn’t place it at the time. But since Define only came out three months ago it was much fresher in my head so I immediately recognized it. Shame on Primitive for using the same song too. There’s gotta be a statue of limitations, like after 10 years you can reuse a song but months later is too soon. End rant

baggy spandex

« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2022, 10:06:30 AM »
The thought of someone laughing out loud is funny. Like,

"Hey whats so funny?"

"These guys used an ABD song! They think they're sooo cool and edgy LOLOLOLOLOL"

"Oh."

Makes me think of
https://www.instagram.com/p/CfUKFTpOxw_/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

fried

• Rep: 49
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2022, 10:07:21 AM »
I’m over these soty campaign parts. So much forgettable footage in them.

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2022, 10:09:08 AM »

call me crazy but that front shuv nosegrind will permanently be burned into my brain from now on 
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 10:23:41 AM by $$LESH »

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -454
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2022, 10:10:27 AM »
solid part...but doesn't really scream soty to me. he probably has more though coming.
this is how I feel. Some stand out tricks, but lots that is just too easy for Louie. Hope the part with the cover footage also has him skating LA spots. He’s got the perfect mix of being creative/inventive but also able to do NBDs/push the bar on iconic spots.

How on earth are people remembering that that generic, background music ass song is ABD lol

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2022, 10:24:48 AM »
What does he have to do to win soty?  Is it just output like Mark or does he need to get more gnar for the mag

Rewatching the david gonz raw footy it seems like back in the day when transworld was still a factor thrasher had to differentiate themselves more, and Guy was more clean, tech, less thrasher oriented

Things have maybe changed now, but if Phelps were still making the call I think TFunk would be way out front of Louie right now
It didn't even used to be about being thrasher oriented it was literally how much you did for the mag. Dgonz wore thrasher shirts, shot all year gnarly shit for thrasher and had his part go up on the thrasher site (which was a newish thing at the time). Guy did everything for the skateboard mag. Thrasher have literally said the reasons muksa and Jamie Thomas never got soty is because they shot more for other mags.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2022, 10:33:42 AM »
man, he really is the best

anillusionofthepants

• Rep: 14
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2022, 10:39:35 AM »
song was also used in HBO's How to with John Wilson

Royce Lopez

• Rep: 8
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2022, 10:45:24 AM »
Louie is one of the best , but his footage does nothing to me.

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2022, 10:47:22 AM »
Louie is one of the best , but his footage does nothing to me.
if this were a few years ago I would have probably agreed with you but since he has gotten on FA his style and output has been really on point. seems like that was the legitimate push he needed to be taken seriously since everyone before that knew him as the child of Flip
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

sayjackson

• Rep: 1
« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2022, 10:49:06 AM »
song was also used in HBO's How to with John Wilson

fuck thank you i was wondering why i knew the little lead synth part was about to come in

fried

• Rep: 49
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2022, 11:09:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

call me crazy but that front shuv nosegrind will permanently be burned into my brain from now on

that was a great last trick. I guess just as a whole. This part will easily be forgotten.

Brown Thunder

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -66
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2022, 11:20:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

that was a great last trick. I guess just as a whole. This part will easily be forgotten.

Tough crowd

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2022, 11:28:50 AM »
definitely one of the best to watch skateboard. So much style with such a high gnar level.  That opening shot of LOUs face was too scary for me to like this part - I actually preferred the edit, song, and tricks on his honor role part much more. Seems like this could have been first part in the Hockey X video. Dare I say the video aesthetic felt a little stale.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2022, 11:31:42 AM »
This part was great in the same way most of the Primitive video was great.  T-Funks SOTY chances remain safe.

ohtight

• Rep: 19
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2022, 12:02:58 PM »
this video made me realize louie is almost always wearing hats or beanies in all of his clips - i counted one bail and one clip with no hat. seeing his hair confused me.

also no to the 50-50 bs flip out. everything else was neat. first half seemed like it was all easy for him though.
zzz

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2022, 12:26:31 PM »
I feel like T-FUNK don't really care about being soty

TheWineClub

• Rep: 38
« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2022, 12:56:27 PM »
Song was used in a McDonald’s commercial too, god dammit! Part doesn’t count now I guess

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 96
« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2022, 01:34:49 PM »
louie is the greatest, that bonk over the handrail was sick. only care about him going for soty because that will mean more footage

anillusionofthepants

• Rep: 14
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2022, 01:57:31 PM »
The first song was also ABD in the Chris Burt classic "Clip Town USA" from earlier this year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIgaFR-Ccy4&t=516s

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 416
« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2022, 02:21:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

farty take
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 66
« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2022, 02:27:28 PM »
pretty sure there's gonna be a cons vid by the end of the year. seems like louie, brian o'dwyer, erik herrera, sage, bdk, and ibu sanyang have been filming a shit ton. gonna be heavy

please dont play with my emotions like this

that is a flawless line up. Been wanting to see an Ibu part instead of scattered clips

Somehow Louie parts always leave me wanting more, so instead I just watch it again

Wondering if we watched the same part

While I do agree with the SOTY campaigning, if you follow Louie he seems like hes just always skating. Crazy to think hes the same kid from that claymation flip video

It didn't even used to be about being thrasher oriented it was literally how much you did for the mag. Dgonz wore thrasher shirts, shot all year gnarly shit for thrasher and had his part go up on the thrasher site (which was a newish thing at the time). Guy did everything for the skateboard mag. Thrasher have literally said the reasons muksa and Jamie Thomas never got soty is because they shot more for other mags.

I miss that. It was about dudes who threw down on Thrasher trips that you wouldnt even know about until the mag came and a random free dvd

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2022, 03:00:59 PM »
Love that ender. That's the shit I like to see these days.

Lessfillingtastegreat

• Rep: 54
« Reply #84 on: September 22, 2022, 03:05:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Tough crowd

Big Louie fanboy here.  But I agree.  He’s SOOO good we have to raise the expectations of him. His mess around footy on tours or contest, is as good as much of this.   He’s cursed with insanely high quality. I prefer to hold him to it because he’s good enough.

Also some of the camera work was shit.  And yes I too criticize the Dylan Jaeb soundtrack. 

This is LOUIE damnit. Put some respect on his name. 

8.1 Drift -  venture 5.6 , Jessup, SFF  54mm Swiss ceramics  -https://imgur.com/a/WlDgenx

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -377
« Reply #85 on: September 22, 2022, 03:36:01 PM »
Meh. Just because you put out a bunch of footage with good tricks and good style doesn't mean you're good at skating.

Flen

• Rep: 3
« Reply #86 on: September 22, 2022, 04:00:06 PM »
Meh. Just because you put out a bunch of footage with good tricks and good style doesn't mean you're good at skating.

Your saying this about a dude with countless nbd's.

CHAZMuska

• Rep: 10
« Reply #87 on: September 22, 2022, 04:18:36 PM »
If he makes stair sets cool again hand him SOTY for the next 3 years in a row.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
« Reply #88 on: September 22, 2022, 04:32:04 PM »

How would you define good skating outside of style and trick selection?

Clemskiba

• Rep: 50
  • almost canadian
« Reply #89 on: September 22, 2022, 04:36:55 PM »
the editing was top notch in this one and of course louie killed it as usual

We're all posting on a message board in 2022. We're all losers.