Author Topic: Pig wheels  (Read 1855 times)

dbvx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -4
Pig wheels
« on: August 04, 2013, 09:04:47 PM »
Anyone ever skate them? any good thoughts or comments about them?

Goldball5

Re: Pig wheels
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 09:11:42 PM »
 I had one set of the Pig Bigheads. The wheels felt the same as a Spitfire if that helps.

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 10:11:02 PM »
Yeah, they are pretty good wheels. I would definitely ride them again.

Cameron Hoegee

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 10:37:02 PM »
biggest piece of shit wheels ive ever ridden. I had them on board for i shit you not five fucking minutes before every wheel flat spotted. total waste, fuck this company

ToLiveaLie

• Rep: -1
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 01:05:14 AM »
I haven't had them for years and I've only had the classics, but I've liked every pair I've had and they last fucking forever,  but if you have a choice (which I'm sure you do) go with Bones.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 10:09:36 AM »
Every Pro model I've had was excellent, at least 6 sets.  Bigheads are okay.  Price point wheels suck like anything else.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

aaronagis

• Rep: -3
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 11:30:48 AM »
I once had a Orange set of pig wheels a couple years ago. They were great, they felt/ skated awesome, and never really had problems with flatspots. I would totally buy another set, but my local shop never has them.

tony volume

• Rep: -13
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 01:52:10 PM »
I've had a bunch of pig wheels before. I'm currently riding a green set right now. I've noticed the colored ones are great, but the white ones could be slick sometimes. Smooth ride for sure!

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 07:50:48 AM »
I've had a set where a huge chunk came out right near where the bearing seat of the wheel was. It was weird, not even sure how it happened. Besides that though every set of Pig wheels I've had has been real good.

Clownbaby

• Rep: -1
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2013, 11:25:14 AM »
think they're made at Creative Urethanes, so seems like they'd be decent

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2013, 01:06:39 PM »
Had a set back in the day, from what I remember they were good.. However it was almost impossible to get the bearings in and out, I almost broke my hand on those bitches

Captain Insano

• Rep: 2
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2013, 04:19:01 PM »
Haven't skated Pig wheels in a long time. But those Dan Lu pro models got me hyped again.

Whodogg

• Rep: 0
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2022, 03:26:13 AM »
Old thread, didn't see need for new one...

Just got a set of Pig C Line 54mm 97a.  I ride full conical FFs, but got a set of these because they are a bit softer for grip at a slippery indoor park.  Comparing the shape, they both have the same width and riding surface, but the Pig wheels have deeper cones.  Like more material near the bearing has been removed than the FFs.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2022, 04:53:00 AM »

Just got a set of Pig C Line 54mm 97a.  I ride full conical FFs, but got a set of these because they are a bit softer for grip at a slippery indoor park.  Comparing the shape, they both have the same width and riding surface, but the Pig wheels have deeper cones.  Like more material near the bearing has been removed than the FFs.

Right

How do they perform

Slide etc?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2022, 07:18:23 AM »
I don't skate as near as much as I should and these wheels went to shit and warped/coned after a few sessions. Most was on smooth ground. The asphalt ate these up like I've never seen. Would not recommend at all. Worse than spitfire bearings.

Whodogg

• Rep: 0
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2022, 03:11:29 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Right

How do they perform

Slide etc?

Finally got to use them yesterday, no complaints!  They feel a little smoother on rough ground than my F4 99a and have the same profile so grinds locked in nicely, they seemed just as fast on asphalt and I had no trouble with nose slides.  No flatspots, but just one day and I don't powerslide.

Haven't had a chance to try on indoor masonite/skatelite yet.  But, I will keep using these for riding street and use my F4s for the parks with smooth concrete.