Author Topic: 2023 Skate/Trend Predictions  (Read 20053 times)

easymoneysniper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 40
Re: 2023 Skate/Trend Predictions
« Reply #300 on: July 19, 2023, 06:06:12 PM »
What y'all think?

I think 2023 will be the year of Jack O'Grady (wishful thinking).

so far, so good

switchfakie

« Reply #301 on: July 20, 2023, 01:18:32 PM »
the older i get the more i understand anti hero is the best company

Murray Hewitt

• Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #302 on: October 28, 2023, 08:53:13 AM »
I think Ish is off April. Gas Giants to become a board company with him, Dashawn and Blake Carpenter as lead pros.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #303 on: October 28, 2023, 11:25:50 AM »
I think Ish is off April. Gas Giants to become a board company with him, Dashawn and Blake Carpenter as lead pros.

That’s a pretty creative idea but I think that would be a terrible move for all of them.  Even Blake is better off without a board sponsor than running GG, and I mean that as no disrespect to Ish.

Murray Hewitt

• Rep: 56
« Reply #304 on: October 28, 2023, 01:12:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That’s a pretty creative idea but I think that would be a terrible move for all of them.  Even Blake is better off without a board sponsor than running GG, and I mean that as no disrespect to Ish.
I agree. It would be a bad idea.

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #305 on: October 28, 2023, 03:19:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Thirding that as a creative yet bad idea. Ish is not bad but is not interesting at all to me and Gas Giants has an air of cheese about it, would be a dead board company real quick.
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

prisoner223

« Reply #306 on: October 29, 2023, 03:04:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
Thirding that as a creative yet bad idea. Ish is not bad but is not interesting at all to me and Gas Giants has an air of cheese about it, would be a dead board company real quick.
I've not heard of Gas Giants until now, the name is really cool imo. Gonna avoid looking it up on purpose I think

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #307 on: October 29, 2023, 03:31:24 PM »
Gas Giants videos usually get between 40-100k views, similar to the Nine Club.  Them starting a board brand is definitely plausible, and any pro without a board sponsor would be lucky to get on.  Regardless of what the average Slap user thinks.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #308 on: October 29, 2023, 07:11:24 PM »
Gas Giants videos usually get between 40-100k views, similar to the Nine Club.  Them starting a board brand is definitely plausible, and any pro without a board sponsor would be lucky to get on.  Regardless of what the average Slap user thinks.

Genuine question - how many Chris Roberts boards do you see out there
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #309 on: October 30, 2023, 04:13:44 AM »
I mostly skate alone so the only boards I see out there are my own.  But he does have 7 boards on the Crailstore website, 5 of which are sold out, so I assume his minor level of internet celebrity translates to a few board sales.  Are you implying GG couldn’t be a board brand?  Not saying they’d be the next Primitive or FA.. but with their squad and following they’d easily be more successful than lots of other companies that manage to survive.