Author Topic: are political pros lame?  (Read 12627 times)

Eastcoastghostiii

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
Re: are political pros lame?
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2022, 09:28:28 AM »
I'm not very political but I do like when the pros unite us common folk with slappy edits along with clips of simple tricks at overlooked spots and/or DIY spots... it really ignites the stoke in me

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2022, 09:30:00 AM »
Did we ever get the back story on who gave this the thumbs up?

Aj was defendable before sandy hook
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

KinkyRailsRailed4u

• Rep: 87
  • Here For Friendship :)
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2022, 10:27:37 AM »

Bold stance to stan a xenophobic homophobe like Alex Jones there chump. BuT TaKe PoLiTiCs OuT oF SlAp. Guess what?! YOU SUCK! You're a brain worm infected no talent piece of shit. How dare you come into MY SLAP and post this.

I cannot believe how ignorant of Alex Jones you are. I mean head up asshole stupid. Dehydrated-rock-hard dumb. Stupid, so ignorant that it goes way beyond the stupid we know into a whole different dimension of stupid. Maybe if you and @Rawbertson were born a "political" race and gender you'd have more social awareness. You two aloof dinguses deserve each other.

I now pronounce you dipshit and dumbass.
Kids don't know about kindness these days.

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2022, 10:48:57 AM »
Tell ‘em Kinky

Tho I think the homie Dwyck is first gen Jamaican

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2022, 11:00:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Bold stance to stan a xenophobic homophobe like Alex Jones there chump. BuT TaKe PoLiTiCs OuT oF SlAp. Guess what?! YOU SUCK! You're a brain worm infected no talent piece of shit. How dare you come into MY SLAP and post this.

I cannot believe how ignorant of Alex Jones you are. I mean head up asshole stupid. Dehydrated-rock-hard dumb. Stupid, so ignorant that it goes way beyond the stupid we know into a whole different dimension of stupid. Maybe if you and @Rawbertson were born a "political" race and gender you'd have more social awareness. You two aloof dinguses deserve each other.

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2022, 11:01:29 AM »
Ya'll are asleep, woke people know that Alex Jones is a psyop and that he was let into bohemian Grove. Everything you know is a lie 

Johnny Lawrence

• Rep: 39
  • No Mercy
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2022, 11:03:19 AM »
A different political opinion than mine?

sipulikeksi

• Rep: -1
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2022, 11:15:31 AM »
Expand Quote
It's dope that Ryan lay is based. It's whack that sinner is cosplaying as one of Joe exotics side pieces
[close]

based on what
Boomers can not understand "based" since they remain rooted in an arborescent and hierarchial logic that something must be "based on" something else. The Zoomer conversely, grasps that the singularity is simply based, not "based on what?"

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2022, 11:16:21 AM »
Alex Jones looks like a shaved gorilla and has a steaming hot diaper for a brain. He's funny to laugh at, but I know a lot of people who treat his word like gospel which is insane.

Definitely does not deserve to be pro.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

sacking rails

• Rep: -221
  • sacking rails
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2022, 11:19:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It's dope that Ryan lay is based. It's whack that sinner is cosplaying as one of Joe exotics side pieces
[close]

based on what
[close]
Boomers can not understand "based" since they remain rooted in an arborescent and hierarchial logic that something must be "based on" something else. The Zoomer conversely, grasps that the singularity is simply based, not "based on what?"
based

Farto Sorry

• Rep: 1
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2022, 11:20:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

based on what
[close]

cky enthusiast

« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2022, 11:41:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I cannot believe how ignorant of Alex Jones you are. I mean head up asshole stupid. Dehydrated-rock hard dumb. Stupid, so ignorant that it goes way beyond the stupid we know into a whole different dimension of stupid. Maybe if you and @rawbertson were born a "political" race and gender you'd have more social awareness.
You two aloof dinguses deserve each other.

calling biopc and/or lgbtq people “political” is really really funny and really really stupid

work_lurker

• Rep: 61
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2022, 11:43:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don't think I would like you as a person. But, as a source of entertainment, I'm all for reading the shit you say.
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2022, 12:50:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I cannot believe how ignorant of Alex Jones you are. I mean head up asshole stupid. Dehydrated-rock-hard dumb. Stupid, so ignorant that it goes way beyond the stupid we know into a whole different dimension of stupid. Maybe if you and @rawbertson were born a "political" race and gender you'd have more social awareness. You two aloof dinguses deserve each other.

This is a dumb joke and you're going to run out of steam in a week man

I didnt say I'd defend him. AJ existed to shitcoat credible ideas with dumb bullshit masquerading as anti-authoritarian. He's just a right-wing pundit like any other, but he 'held' beliefs that pulled anybody who didn't think about it too long. He was a 9/11 truther, but he was a no-planer, which is just an op to make questioning 9/11 look stupid. He'd discuss Bill Clinton's ties to sex trafficking, for example, but he'd then go further and say they eat babies down at Bohemian Grove, or whatever. He'd say that a billionaire was in the basement of a B-List DC comedy club committing moral atrocities. (Why would they do that. Epstein had an island. Geffen has huge yachts.) You make it sound dumb enough that no sensible person's gonna believe the first thing, either, until credible news sources actually discuss it. Unless they're some kinda 'inquisitive thinker.' And life continues on, Jones made money, and US politics and living conditions just got worse.

It's understandable that the UFO heads over in Ohio would be down for Jones's schtick. In the mid-20s he hated Bush and questioned 9/11. He rallied against "globalists" before a skateboarder from Ohio might realize that's just anti-Semitic.   

The "crisis actors" thing was the irrevocable bullshit. It's in a subset of 'conspiracy theory' that only exists to line to pockets of the NRA. Ironically, using the murders of the blood of children, after basically refashioning the fucking blood libel against boring war criminal Democrats. Democrats with a cavalcade of awful stuff in their closets, and he trots around nonsensical shit last used to genocide people.

Anyway, he rode that, making money off partisan, elites-first movements that masquerade as populist, be they based on tangible lies (MAGA) or nonexistent fantasy (Q). Jones has only circled the drain in terms of credibility with 'curious thinkers' like Mike Hill as he's grown in popularity and harm to the public. Now tech companies can ban him and bat him around while everybody cheers, and no one notices when they do the same to leftwing shit.

Jones has long been a tool of the upper class to disenfranchise both marginalized people in general and the people who follow him. He just had an easier time flipping guys you think are cool 15 years ago
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2022, 12:55:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I cannot believe how ignorant of Alex Jones you are. I mean head up asshole stupid. Dehydrated-rock-hard dumb. Stupid, so ignorant that it goes way beyond the stupid we know into a whole different dimension of stupid. Maybe if you and @rawbertson were born a "political" race and gender you'd have more social awareness. You two aloof dinguses deserve each other.

so confused right now... dont care  ;D anyway i am hype for you to have a good weekend <3 whatever your political stance may be!
ONTARIO CANADA

sacking rails

• Rep: -221
  • sacking rails
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2022, 12:57:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

wait was this supposed to be funny?

Eastcoastghostiii

• Rep: 2
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2022, 01:11:09 PM »
Can we get back to the topic of the grassroots movement of slappys and DIY parks? This cultural revolution of bringing stoke nationwide and furthering the global expansion of simple buttery clips is what will unite the common folk on boards.

work_lurker

• Rep: 61
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2022, 01:18:17 PM »
Can we get back to the topic of the grassroots movement of slappys and DIY parks? This cultural revolution of bringing stoke nationwide and furthering the global expansion of simple buttery clips is what will unite the common folk on boards.

"I can't believe these clips aren't buttery"
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

mamba

• Rep: 134
  • Sucka free
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2022, 01:20:51 PM »
Political pros suck. Paul Hart is a good example. There is no reason to bring politics into skating unless you want someone to hate on you for that. Leave that shit out of it. Let me just see some sick tre flips

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2022, 01:57:43 PM »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2022, 02:21:47 PM »
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Maurice46

• Rep: 9
« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2022, 02:27:04 PM »
If they’re using politics as a cover to be racist, sexist, homo/transphobic, etc, then yes they absolutely are.

Exactly. It's really not that complex of an issue.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2022, 03:25:57 PM »
Letting pro skaters determine your political convictions is lame.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

newguy

« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2022, 03:40:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
if there's some woke/fashion loser it's irritating and I kind of only want to watch their slams... if on the other hand they're based and have the courage to go against the Zeitgeist I love that s***
[close]

As soon as someone uses the word "woke" as pejorative, it tells me all I need to know about them.

Honestly, it shouldn't bother anyone to see pros advocating for things like basic human rights (such as LGBTQ rights, immigrant rights, and anti-colonialism).  I take issue with pros who are posting whacky conspiracy theories and other right wing shit like QAnon because that stuff actively causes real life harm.
[close]

anti-colonialism is just anti-white, no one gives a fuck when non-white countries colonise each other

focus please

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2022, 03:44:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
if there's some woke/fashion loser it's irritating and I kind of only want to watch their slams... if on the other hand they're based and have the courage to go against the Zeitgeist I love that s***
[close]

As soon as someone uses the word "woke" as pejorative, it tells me all I need to know about them.

Honestly, it shouldn't bother anyone to see pros advocating for things like basic human rights (such as LGBTQ rights, immigrant rights, and anti-colonialism).  I take issue with pros who are posting whacky conspiracy theories and other right wing shit like QAnon because that stuff actively causes real life harm.
[close]

anti-colonialism is just anti-white, no one gives a fuck when non-white countries colonise each other
Gulf War I, the Korean War and Vietnam were all fought because one non-white country invaded another non-white country. So… somebody gives a fuck.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 456
« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2022, 03:47:35 PM »
Expand Quote

Look up how vague his issues page is. It doesn't really say anything of substance.

Addressing the tough issues like making sure Thousand Oaks stays a safe, affluent and 80% white community. I looked it up too that is an accurate statistic...

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2022, 03:56:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

"actually it's racist against white people for countries to have their own self determination"

Shut the fuck up

Tight Pants Big Wheels

• Rep: -8
« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2022, 03:59:53 PM »
Political discussion on social media goes nowhere with people going straight for ad hominem attacks instead of even trying for productive counterpoints. Too many people lump everyone into one of two groups and then sling pejoratives at the opposing 'side' as if that 'side' were all of the same mind.

KinkyRailsRailed4u

• Rep: 87
  • Here For Friendship :)
« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2022, 06:23:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

This is a dumb joke and you're going to run out of steam in a week man

I didnt say I'd defend him. AJ existed to shitcoat credible ideas with dumb bullshit masquerading as anti-authoritarian. He's just a right-wing pundit like any other, but he 'held' beliefs that pulled anybody who didn't think about it too long. He was a 9/11 truther, but he was a no-planer, which is just an op to make questioning 9/11 look stupid. He'd discuss Bill Clinton's ties to sex trafficking, for example, but he'd then go further and say they eat babies down at Bohemian Grove, or whatever. He'd say that a billionaire was in the basement of a B-List DC comedy club committing moral atrocities. (Why would they do that. Epstein had an island. Geffen has huge yachts.) You make it sound dumb enough that no sensible person's gonna believe the first thing, either, until credible news sources actually discuss it. Unless they're some kinda 'inquisitive thinker.' And life continues on, Jones made money, and US politics and living conditions just got worse.

It's understandable that the UFO heads over in Ohio would be down for Jones's schtick. In the mid-20s he hated Bush and questioned 9/11. He rallied against "globalists" before a skateboarder from Ohio might realize that's just anti-Semitic.   

The "crisis actors" thing was the irrevocable bullshit. It's in a subset of 'conspiracy theory' that only exists to line to pockets of the NRA. Ironically, using the murders of the blood of children, after basically refashioning the fucking blood libel against boring war criminal Democrats. Democrats with a cavalcade of awful stuff in their closets, and he trots around nonsensical shit last used to genocide people.

Anyway, he rode that, making money off partisan, elites-first movements that masquerade as populist, be they based on tangible lies (MAGA) or nonexistent fantasy (Q). Jones has only circled the drain in terms of credibility with 'curious thinkers' like Mike Hill as he's grown in popularity and harm to the public. Now tech companies can ban him and bat him around while everybody cheers, and no one notices when they do the same to leftwing shit.

Jones has long been a tool of the upper class to disenfranchise both marginalized people in general and the people who follow him. He just had an easier time flipping guys you think are cool 15 years ago

Hi @Dwyck. I owe you an apology, I read your post and you're right about Alex Jones. I was wrong and you're completely absolutely correct. Your reply was the first genuine human connection since my SO left me. I'm a little flustered. Geez, excuse me. Am I blushing? I'll buy you coffee sometime.

Hi @Rawbertson you're right about keeping politics out of skating. You're also right about there being no politics in regard to DMing brand managers' daughters. Once again sorry. And you're ugly, REALLY ugly. You need to get plastic surgery like yesterday. Seriously I can't believe everyone's been humoring you for this long.  >:( But don't stop DMing those messages where you namedrop pros in the Street Fighters scene.
Kids don't know about kindness these days.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2022, 07:22:18 PM »
i can’t believe your SO left you, what were they thinking