Author Topic: THRASHER X LACOSTE  (Read 10470 times)

Malcolm Sex

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -89
Re: THRASHER X LACOSTE
« Reply #120 on: September 30, 2022, 07:04:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So for the Casual/ultra style: didn't palace did a Collab with Umbro or lotto? Definitely wit polo, their ad for it was awesome
[close]

Yes they did a collab with umbro which is quite fitting.
[close]

That jersey has been on my grail hunting list for years now, and I literally just got it given to me for free 2 days ago by a friend (it's a long story...).

I knew they go for crazy prices as it's pretty rare but then I went on eBay and saw it being sold for 1800$.  :o https://www.ebay.com/itm/114255345786?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=0oqndLMoTYW&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=aC70q_KZT2S&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
[close]

Thats a styler Shirt! Givin me some kind of Paul Gascoigne Vibes ;D

[close]

Well it's an re-design of an old England Jersey from 1990 so they were exactly aiming for that kind of nostalgia

It's the England shirt with the Palace logo where the three lions was. Non-Umbro version available here:

https://www.englandstore.com/en/league/soccer/team/england_national_team/category/default/browse/featuredproduct/11894552/england_national_team/o-31+t-3544+f-11894552?_s=GPA_CA-fastore-uk&cur=GBP&gclid=CjwKCAjwp9qZBhBkEiwAsYFsb7aAjrz-77P-Cfmgw4hQ3cY0ZzjHRjsDtGVDNAn_UV9_ZlYXcWbWNhoCUCAQAvD_BwE&loc=en-GB&sku=32179734&utm_medium=cse

Looks weird with a mesh trucker cap.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1065
« Reply #121 on: September 30, 2022, 07:11:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I skate alone now, because no one can gatekeep my love of skateboarding if no one is around.
[close]

This is a pretty dramatic reaction to a sweatshirt with an alligator on it.
[close]

I've been skating for 35 years now. I've been skating alone for the last 5.

If anything, I'd say this forum is the real impetus for it. ba dum dum!

did you just launch netflix?

Coldcut

• Rep: 34
« Reply #122 on: September 30, 2022, 07:18:43 AM »

Punch that laptop

• Rep: 4
« Reply #123 on: October 11, 2022, 10:13:54 AM »
If I wanted crocodile on my shirt I’d eat a crocodile sandwich.

and yes I’d tell them to….., make it snappy
I’m like the Riddler but I don’t makes sense so you always lose

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 970
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #124 on: October 11, 2022, 06:24:19 PM »
That hat shirt combo is fire. The character and the shirt match perfect. Excellent choice.

Usually I'm not ok with doubling down on brands. I'm a adidas socks with checkpoints type. This is good tho
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

ShyLow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #125 on: October 11, 2022, 06:51:57 PM »
sick now i can dress like someone who calls the cops on skaters while im skating

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #126 on: October 12, 2022, 05:31:48 PM »
Street wear is lame. “Hey guys I spent $1000” to look like an asshole 13 year old”

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3325
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #127 on: October 12, 2022, 05:47:33 PM »
I'm holding out for the Thrasher x Walmart collab.

This would actually be fully backable.

Stoopid

• Rep: -2
« Reply #128 on: October 13, 2022, 09:02:52 AM »
Did not read the full thread about this disaster of a collab but a few people mentionned that maybe it was due to the arrival of skate-related people in Lacoste, as brand manager for example.

From what I know this is totally plausible, for exemple their current global head of strategic planning used to be the marketing coordinator for the french market at Vans.

Sad to see

JawnMayir

• Rep: -3
« Reply #129 on: October 13, 2022, 04:28:07 PM »
Street wear is lame. “Hey guys I spent $1000” to look like an asshole 13 year old

Lol damn pretentious much.

Skateboard gear is streetwear?

And only really a small niche of hyped brands are really taxing like that.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #130 on: October 13, 2022, 04:32:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Street wear is lame. “Hey guys I spent $1000” to look like an asshole 13 year old
[close]

Apologist for all kinds of bullshit I see. Carry on enjoying garbage on all fronts.

JawnMayir

• Rep: -3
« Reply #131 on: October 13, 2022, 05:34:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Apologist for all kinds of bullshit I see.

Haha k.

I don't buy that shit, nor do I aspire to. And you thinking the gear lame is good with me.
I guess I was having a hard time seeing what aspect was intended to be constructive criticism.
Like the different parts in your example aren't mutually exclusive so it looks like an intentional non-sequitor which read as salty/boomerish

Like it was shitting on the clothing genre that skateboard gear falls under.

And talking down about 13 yrs old while on a message board titled Useless Wooden Toy [Banter].

Are you more mad at kids, or more mad at the price point, or dislike the type in of clothing in general?

I can understand the style of being distasteful to you Obviously not everyone that skates is rocking skate clothes (e.g. Nyjah).

But the hating on kids for being kids or how much someone else paid for their clothes ain't it in my opinion.

Carry on enjoying garbage on all fronts.

Idk if I stated my taste in clothing, so not sure if I agree with this logic but I do admire the simplicity

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #132 on: October 13, 2022, 11:51:45 PM »
I bought a print issue of Thrasher this week for the first time in years....and seeing all the familiar features like Photograffiti, Something else etc, all that tradition, I thought of this collab again and it really left a pretty bad taste in my mouth.
On the other hand, maybe this shit helps keep the print version of the mag afloat....in which case I'm all for it!

sacking rails

• Rep: -222
  • sacking rails
« Reply #133 on: October 14, 2022, 04:08:04 AM »
if you come to the park wearing this im waxing the ground and ramps
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 05:28:50 AM by sacking rails »

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #134 on: October 14, 2022, 06:28:25 AM »
I bought a print issue of Thrasher this week for the first time in years....and seeing all the familiar features like Photograffiti, Something else etc, all that tradition, I thought of this collab again and it really left a pretty bad taste in my mouth.
On the other hand, maybe this shit helps keep the print version of the mag afloat....in which case I'm all for it!
The Louie Lopez cover in the summer inspired me to subscribe. Also been years for me. Best decision ever , so cheap , and feels amazing to flip through. Not gonna lie, the recent Lacoste collab stickers are amazing

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 970
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #135 on: October 14, 2022, 09:17:26 AM »

I'm honestly expecting drug dealers in Marseille to be rocking these 150 euros sweatpants next summer. With Versace sunglasses or some shit like that to complete the outfit.
I'll laugh so hard.
(when they're gone out of sight, I'm not stupid)

Edit:
as I was typing this I noticed the Element x Barley ad on Slap and clicked on it....it looks a 1000 times better and costs half of the Thrasher x Lacoste thing.....

I can't believe I miss that. If it comes in black I'm copping!!!

Thrash it up
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #136 on: October 14, 2022, 11:00:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Haha k.

I don't buy that shit, nor do I aspire to. And you thinking the gear lame is good with me.
I guess I was having a hard time seeing what aspect was intended to be constructive criticism.
Like the different parts in your example aren't mutually exclusive so it looks like an intentional non-sequitor which read as salty/boomerish

And talking down about 13 yrs old while on a message board titled Useless Wooden Toy [Banter].

Are you more mad at kids, or more mad at the price point, or dislike the type in of clothing in general?

I can understand the style of being distasteful to you Obviously not everyone that skates is rocking skate clothes (e.g. Nyjah).

But the hating on kids for being kids or how much someone else paid for their clothes ain't it in my opinion.

Expand Quote
[close]

Idk if I stated my taste in clothing, so not sure if I agree with this logic but I do admire the simplicity

Eh I was just having a bad day lashing out at a random on a skateboarding message board for no reason. Sorry.

And I guess it's the price point and forced exclusivity of a lot of it that bothers me.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #137 on: October 14, 2022, 11:15:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Haha k.

Expand Quote
[close]

Not talking down on 13 year olds. I guess I have to say “not all 13 year olds”. But some are assholes. And trying to dress like thirteen year old rich bullies when you’re Cab or whoever is silly. Didn’t know this was controversial or a reflection of ALL skate wear.

Lester Bullocks

• Rep: 18
« Reply #138 on: October 14, 2022, 11:43:06 AM »
My Mom tried to force me to wear lacoste and other preppie bullshit as a youth which I totally hated not to mention it was the uniform of the enemy as a young skater/punk rocker so obviously I think this collaboration sucks shit.  I'm sure others have expressed this sentiment already (didn't read the whole thread) but I've been scarred by lacoste so had to get it of my chest(cheaper than therapy), thanks for indulging me.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #139 on: October 15, 2022, 06:16:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
The Louie Lopez cover in the summer inspired me to subscribe. Also been years for me. Best decision ever , so cheap , and feels amazing to flip through. Not gonna lie, the recent Lacoste collab stickers are amazing

you made me think of actually subscribing again....but it's just way too expensive overseas (80 $ vs 20 or so in the US I think).

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1214
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #140 on: October 15, 2022, 10:59:16 PM »
oh my god shut the fuck up. bitching about shit you can’t control. lacoste wanted to collab with someone 5 years past their pinnacle and thrasher gets a bag to continue being the best print mag out. if they close their doors don’t come here complaining “oh no they continue afford to keep making mags because they were ‘too core’”

GungaLaGunga

• Rep: 0
  • Drive your car up on the lawn
« Reply #141 on: October 17, 2022, 09:18:56 PM »
Thrasher has scrubbed all evidence of the Lacoste colab from their site... product, photos clips... all of it.
Nice try, but you can't un-jump the shark.
"Isn't it just too dreamy?"