Author Topic: THRASHER X LACOSTE  (Read 10474 times)

Dante Bichette

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
  • 10th Prestige
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
Re: THRASHER X LACOSTE
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2022, 10:11:31 AM »

FatGuy92

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 577
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2022, 10:36:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm holding out for the Thrasher x Walmart Kirkland Signature collab.
[close]
Yeah, me too.
[close]

Not gonna lie, those Kirkland Signature crew neck sweaters are hard AF. Its some dad core shit, but I dig it.
[close]

They had some dope pants going for a while.   5-pocket chino.  Rad material.   Most likely spandex for my fat ass?   But I can't find them there anymore.

Kirkland t shirts were great too. A little long but fit great otherwise and never had one rip on me.

mamba

• Rep: 142
  • Sucka free
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2022, 10:40:51 AM »
It’s funny cause thrasher has the most core pros wearing their shit but the people who actually wear it are far from being core. that being said i still rock a thrasher hoodie cause i don’t give a f

sacking rails

• Rep: -222
  • sacking rails

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -4
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2022, 11:13:17 AM »
Civilist skate shop in Berlin just had a collaboration with Lacoste as well, don’t know the specifics but wouldn’t be a stretch to think they’ve gained a new creative director or similar and they are trying to reach a new audience.

The whole collegiate preppy/ j.crew thing is big again so it makes sense to have a bit of brand awareness.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 403
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2022, 02:44:30 PM »
Thrasher x And1

“Siri, remind me when this goes live”

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2022, 03:19:53 PM »
Bucket list collabo's (Faboles shit)
THRASHER X GREAT VALUE

THRASHER X BOSLEY

and for all you real hell riders,
THRASHER X LIFESAFER

newguy

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2022, 03:49:00 PM »
Someone I know worked there for years and got out shortly after the whole supreme collaboration went down, from what they told me the brand has been rudderless for some time, zero creative direction, shitty ideas from shareholders getting priority over actual creatives… More globally the brand executives fucked up the brand image when they tried going streetwear and alienated their traditional customer base, but they also drove away streetwear people who disliked their new collabs and pieces. So now they’re in this awkward position and the suits are trying to milk the last dollars out before the brand dies.

R3dBullRox420

« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2022, 04:14:08 PM »
It’s funny cause thrasher has the most core pros wearing their shit but the people who actually wear it are far from being core. that being said i still rock a thrasher hoodie cause i don’t give a f

No

work_lurker

• Rep: 70
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2022, 05:01:22 PM »
This will Lacost em
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2022, 05:50:20 PM »
If I was rich I would wear all lacoste tracksuits all the time, I love it. Get most of my underwear and socks from them. Wanted this so bad but not worth the money

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 764
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2022, 08:17:39 PM »
If I was rich I would wear all lacoste tracksuits all the time, I love it. Get most of my underwear and socks from them. Wanted this so bad but not worth the money

Are you Torey Pudwill?

So far the signs point to yes. You wear Lacoste and your penis smells incredibly strong

nothing's been the since same

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2022, 08:55:17 PM »
this is the fabric version of a cup of aids

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2022, 09:55:16 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Are you Torey Pudwill?

So far the signs point to yes. You wear Lacoste and your penis smells incredibly strong

How do you know what Torey Pudwill’s penis smells like?

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2022, 11:34:23 PM »
I don’t even wanna know how much this Thrasher is gonna Lacoste..
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -299
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2022, 03:58:47 AM »

spacial_profiling

• Rep: -88
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2022, 05:03:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm holding out for the Thrasher x Walmart Kirkland Signature collab.
[close]
Yeah, me too.
[close]

Not gonna lie, those Kirkland Signature crew neck sweaters are hard AF. Its some dad core shit, but I dig it.
[close]

They had some dope pants going for a while.   5-pocket chino.  Rad material.   Most likely spandex for my fat ass?   But I can't find them there anymore.
[close]

Kirkland t shirts were great too. A little long but fit great otherwise and never had one rip on me.

My buddy told me Kirkland clothes are made at the same factory as Patagonia. At least some of them.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2022, 05:06:59 AM »
Wack

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2022, 08:11:14 AM »
sick now i can dress like someone who calls the cops on skaters while im skating

most like 12 year old sounding sentiment, Lacoste is dope
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2022, 08:52:55 AM »
I loved Lacoste back in the 80s and 90s.

Thrasher is too good for it though. Thrasher should be doing x Fred Perry imo. Perhaps Ben Sherman.

We need to take that shit back again. Y'all know why.

Then we could get a team together and I will be tm.
You know that would be glorious for whoever gets on.

I'd be the best TM in history because I truly give a shit about the skaters. Even if I didn't like someone in the van I'd make it work and make sure they was safe and paid.

Fred Perry team.

Ben K is on.  There's no way that could happen and he's not on. His Skinheadism is kinda watered down but a box of Fred's in every colour way but Black and Gold and a few trips to Bobby's of Boston for some vintage red line Levi and Boom!!!

Skinhead is back in fashion.

I honestly believe we can fix Skinheadism using skating and the right team.

Skinheadism It's like 60/40 rn today thanks to 80s talk shows and right winged tiki fools.

I guess I gotta incl.ude 1%ers. I fucking hate those guys. Lots of them think they skinhead but you and I know they are not.

They are in the bonehead section along side Nazi jail kooks.

What we can do is cast spells of infinite infertility on all the black and gold shirts and have a 60% off sale and finish this war.

Skinheads ride skateboards in 2023 and are not associated with these above mentioned bonehead Clica.

I forgot to mention that I'm claiming dibs on TJ Rogers. I got a special box of collared ghetto gowns for the only guy in skating who currently can hold a candle to Lou.

TJ's recent parts make all the hairs on my body stand up like his name is PJ Ladd 2022

Also Tyson and Evan are on.

Henry frickin Sanchez is on anything If I ever do become a Brand Manager.

It's hurts me to hear that Stevie is the only other dude who knows that that our Rodney frickin Mullen.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

breezer

• Rep: -17
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2022, 09:02:51 AM »
not sure about USA but in Europe, and the UK, Lacoste is streetwear - and worn by kind of folks who are game for a punch-up after a bottle of bucky has been consumed. 

Goodcurbs

• Rep: -279
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2022, 09:08:09 AM »

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2022, 09:34:43 AM »
not sure about USA but in Europe, and the UK, Lacoste is streetwear - and worn by kind of folks who are game for a punch-up after a bottle of bucky has been consumed.
Kinda wish Bucky wasn't just Ireland and the UK. I'd love one right now.

Grrrreencans

• Rep: -85
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2022, 10:21:46 AM »
They should have discreetly mailed Bobby DK a box like 10 years ago, or to Mosaic-era Stefan like 20 years ago. Definitely never should have arranged a photo shoot with T-Puds. Lacoste is/was a dope brand, with a lot of history and if you've ever walked into a Lacoste store it's pretty clear they sell quality goods that they design and manufacture themselves, unlike walking into a Zumiez, Vans or PacSun where it's all the same cheap polyester shit from china with different logos printed on as an after thought. I have a few 'Made in France' shirts and sweaters from Lacoste and the quality is unparalleled. Probably going to be a hot take here but I think the downfall of Lacoste started when they started shifting towards a more... 'Unisex' vision for the company. If you've checked their website in the past 3-4 years you might assume they are preparing for some dystopian future Europe where testosterone and estrogen production has been outlawed. Great if that's the look you're going for. Not an image I'm going to spend money to 'project'. All that being said this colab looks like shit, with neither brand actually producing any of the product, and the logos look like they were produced in 90 seconds on an iPhone.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2230
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2022, 12:58:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Are you Torey Pudwill?

[close]

How do you know what Torey Pudwill’s penis smells like?

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 398
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2022, 02:13:41 PM »
Weird. Ralph Lauren and Tommy stuff was very common here in the skatescene back in the day. And recently I saw Ralph Lauren is sponsoring a bunch of Japanese kids now ...

Never saw lacoste once back in the day ...

newguy

« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2022, 02:44:52 PM »
Weird. Ralph Lauren and Tommy stuff was very common here in the skatescene back in the day. And recently I saw Ralph Lauren is sponsoring a bunch of Japanese kids now ...

Brand executives are complete morons without any direction, personally I expect the brand to suffer the fate of GAP.

They should have discreetly mailed Bobby DK a box like 10 years ago, or to Mosaic-era Stefan like 20 years ago. Definitely never should have arranged a photo shoot with T-Puds. Lacoste is/was a dope brand, with a lot of history and if you've ever walked into a Lacoste store it's pretty clear they sell quality goods that they design and manufacture themselves, unlike walking into a Zumiez, Vans or PacSun where it's all the same cheap polyester shit from china with different logos printed on as an after thought. I have a few 'Made in France' shirts and sweaters from Lacoste and the quality is unparalleled. Probably going to be a hot take here but I think the downfall of Lacoste started when they started shifting towards a more... 'Unisex' vision for the company. If you've checked their website in the past 3-4 years you might assume they are preparing for some dystopian future Europe where testosterone and estrogen production has been outlawed. Great if that's the look you're going for. Not an image I'm going to spend money to 'project'. All that being said this colab looks like shit, with neither brand actually producing any of the product, and the logos look like they were produced in 90 seconds on an iPhone.

The unisex look is mostly a french thing, Jacquemus and other brands with unisex looks are big here rn so they’re copying the trendy thing just like they tried to ride the skate fashion bullshit in 2018 (remember how fucking awful that was?). And since lacoste isn’t really an international brand (because they suck at actual business) well they’re often out of touch with the rest of the world, much like every western brand/person.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2193
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2022, 02:47:39 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Brand executives are complete morons without any direction, personally I expect the brand to suffer the fate of GAP.

Expand Quote
[close]

The unisex look is mostly a french thing, Jacquemus and other brands with unisex looks are big here rn so they’re copying the trendy thing just like they tried to ride the skate fashion bullshit in 2018 (remember how fucking awful that was?). And since lacoste isn’t really an international brand (because they suck at actual business) well they’re often out of touch with the rest of the world, much like every western brand/person.
Zing!
You nailed me: guilty as charged.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1096
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2022, 02:54:36 PM »
Someone I know worked there for years and got out shortly after the whole supreme collaboration went down, from what they told me the brand has been rudderless for some time, zero creative direction, shitty ideas from shareholders getting priority over actual creatives… More globally the brand executives fucked up the brand image when they tried going streetwear and alienated their traditional customer base, but they also drove away streetwear people who disliked their new collabs and pieces. So now they’re in this awkward position and the suits are trying to milk the last dollars out before the brand dies.

Which company are you talking about?
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"