Author Topic: THRASHER X LACOSTE  (Read 10513 times)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 966
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
Re: THRASHER X LACOSTE
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2022, 05:45:39 AM »
I'm about any colab that keeps the mag alive. I know it's just a bunch of paper but I love it. It's history. Power Edge was my shit tho.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

WideFeet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 82
« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2022, 07:11:46 AM »
We're assuming Lacoste paid Thrasher for this collabo, yes?

Yeah, that’s how it works. Lacoste pays royalties to Thrasher.

I’m honestly surprised a collab like this didn’t happen sooner.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2022, 07:34:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm definitely saying Lacoste is paying Thrasher.

That would be an Uber Bad Maneuver if it was the opposite. Skating has helped Lacoste in the past for sure.
I had the shoes once. They skate ok.

Honestly this should have happened around the time Paco came out. I was rocking mad Lacoste around that time.

It was kinda punk. Was like saying I can't afford Fred's or Ben's and I'm not rocking like Hilfiger or whatever.

I had the best Lacoste shit one could find at Marshalls too.

I'm getting out my collared shirt today. It's my homie's brand. I'll post one second.
(A)pl(E)

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 101
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2022, 07:44:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That would be an Uber Bad Maneuver if it was the opposite. Skating has helped Lacoste in the past for sure.

Honestly this should have happened around the time Paco came out. I was rocking mad Lacoste around that time.

It was kinda punk. Was like saying I can't afford Fred's or Ben's and I'm not rocking like Hilfiger or whatever.

I'm getting out my collared shirt today. It's my homie's brand. I'll post one second.

this is pretty funny from a French point of view man! out here Lacoste is the most unpunk thing you can imagine.... ;D
Goes to show context is everything I guess.

PS:
you just reminded me the framed and signed cover (Reategui) over my desk is a Poweredge issue! It's been there so long, totally forgot....
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 07:51:15 AM by OldieButFrenchie »

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2022, 08:10:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

this is pretty funny from a French point of view man! out here Lacoste is the most unpunk thing you can imagine.... ;D
Goes to show context is everything I guess.

PS:
you just reminded me the framed and signed cover (Reategui) over my desk is a Poweredge issue! It's been there so long, totally forgot....

Sick!!

Yeah I can see that. It's definitely about price. All ponks and skins had Marshalls Lacoste around here.

We then would walk over to TJ Max and get $25 docs too.

This is the era of the $20 airwalk at Marshalls
(A)pl(E)

Royce Lopez

• Rep: 8
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2022, 08:16:44 AM »
6-love 6-love 6-love…game set and match

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #96 on: September 29, 2022, 08:28:05 AM »
Didn't Dubs rock mad Lacoste? I kinda wanna say he and Carroll and Henry?

I could be reaching. They probably was rocking Abercrombie or something tho
(A)pl(E)

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 265
« Reply #97 on: September 29, 2022, 12:20:06 PM »
Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

WavyDavy

• Rep: 128
« Reply #98 on: September 29, 2022, 01:26:40 PM »
So for the Casual/ultra style: didn't palace did a Collab with Umbro or lotto? Definitely wit polo, their ad for it was awesome

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #99 on: September 29, 2022, 02:44:13 PM »
I wanted it but $200 for a sweater ? Nah . Last Lacoste pullover I bought I chased through 3 different states outlets to get for $38 instead of the original $130 . I back it though Lacoste always been cool and pretty quality. That’s probably the best made thrasher apparel you could ever buy. That said I’ll be stalking the outlets come January for the hoodie.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Roy Machine

• Rep: -5
« Reply #100 on: September 29, 2022, 02:52:46 PM »
So for the Casual/ultra style: didn't palace did a Collab with Umbro or lotto? Definitely wit polo, their ad for it was awesome

Yes they did a collab with umbro which is quite fitting.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #101 on: September 29, 2022, 05:37:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That jersey has been on my grail hunting list for years now, and I literally just got it given to me for free 2 days ago by a friend (it's a long story...).

I knew they go for crazy prices as it's pretty rare but then I went on eBay and saw it being sold for 1800$.  :o https://www.ebay.com/itm/114255345786?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=0oqndLMoTYW&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=aC70q_KZT2S&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #102 on: September 29, 2022, 05:40:25 PM »
wow that is an insane come up, that jersey has been one of my grails since it came out

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #103 on: September 29, 2022, 05:51:28 PM »
I also heard some rumours from friends mentioning that Lacoste been approaching some skaters to start a skate team...  (I heard Thaynan and Victor Campillo names being mentioned)
And yeah this Thrasher collab looks really fucking bad, like super tasteless which is a shame, but they also recently dropped a Civilist collab, so it looks like they really are dipping their toes in the skate territory.
it's not as offensive, some pieces look pretty clean actually:

I honestly really like Lacoste as brand as I dig the "French Chavy" look, ( I guess it reminds me of early days of Lucas Puig and him wearing the "girolle"), but I fear this might end up looking like a shit show if they dont get the right people to run it.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #104 on: September 29, 2022, 05:57:42 PM »
wow that is an insane come up, that jersey has been one of my grails since it came out

Long story short, a dude that we are friends in common was moving away and left behind a few boxes with my mates of stuff he didn't wanted. The plan was to share between our friends group, so when my mate was posting what they got in my friends group chat and I saw this Jersey being pulled from the box I almost fainted ahah.
I only took that, pretty sure they dont even know it was a valuable piece lol  ;D

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

TheDingus

« Reply #105 on: September 29, 2022, 07:25:59 PM »
Closer magazine stock skyrocketing after this abomination

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1224
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #106 on: September 29, 2022, 07:59:31 PM »
lacoste is great

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #107 on: September 29, 2022, 10:30:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That jersey has been on my grail hunting list for years now, and I literally just got it given to me for free 2 days ago by a friend (it's a long story...).

I knew they go for crazy prices as it's pretty rare but then I went on eBay and saw it being sold for 1800$.  :o https://www.ebay.com/itm/114255345786?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=0oqndLMoTYW&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=aC70q_KZT2S&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

All of this. The white version of that shirt is my personal grail.. but I gave up on it like 8 years ago when it was in the 400£ so yeah the figures you’re looking at now don’t surprise me haha.

All about that was so rad. The Joy Orbison tune, the pub, the original PWBC crew, it was genuine. It was probably among the first and last collab Palace did before it getting out of hand in all sorts of ways. Later V-Nice / Palasonic were the last things that made me love Palace.

Now Yardsale is the new early Palace. I dunno the Sergio Tacchini collab was badass. Hope they don’t sell out as well.

video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Ayanami

• Rep: 55
« Reply #108 on: September 30, 2022, 12:36:35 AM »
i like the tiny headed bear who says nice stuff to everyone.

Coldcut

• Rep: 34
« Reply #109 on: September 30, 2022, 12:49:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Thats a styler Shirt! Givin me some kind of Paul Gascoigne Vibes ;D

Roy Machine

« Reply #110 on: September 30, 2022, 12:51:16 AM »
I also heard some rumours from friends mentioning that Lacoste been approaching some skaters to start a skate team...  (I heard Thaynan and Victor Campillo names being mentioned)
And yeah this Thrasher collab looks really fucking bad, like super tasteless which is a shame, but they also recently dropped a Civilist collab, so it looks like they really are dipping their toes in the skate territory.

I honestly really like Lacoste as brand as I dig the "French Chavy" look, ( I guess it reminds me of early days of Lucas Puig and him wearing the "girolle"), but I fear this might end up looking like a shit show if they dont get the right people to run it.

Thanks for the Insights. A collab with civilist and approaching thaynan and Victor campillo....maybe Lacoste isnt as clueless as i thought.

The shirt is really nice. You are one lucky bug

Roy Machine

« Reply #111 on: September 30, 2022, 12:53:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Well it's an re-design of an old England Jersey from 1990 so they were exactly aiming for that kind of nostalgia

Coldcut

• Rep: 34
« Reply #112 on: September 30, 2022, 01:09:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Well it's an re-design of an old England Jersey from 1990 so they were exactly aiming for that kind of nostalgia

And this works very well!

Mmmmh, but for me, any kind of Lacoste Colab, is a kind of prissy....
Like a Colab with... Sergio Tacchini; Ellesse,Le Coq Sportif etc.

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #113 on: September 30, 2022, 03:35:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Long story short, a dude that we are friends in common was moving away and left behind a few boxes with my mates of stuff he didn't wanted. The plan was to share between our friends group, so when my mate was posting what they got in my friends group chat and I saw this Jersey being pulled from the box I almost fainted ahah.
I only took that, pretty sure they dont even know it was a valuable piece lol  ;D
man that is like dreams i have of finding rare video games at thrift stores and then waking up disappointed, except it really happened

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 771
« Reply #114 on: September 30, 2022, 03:59:20 AM »

i too like lacoste. we're both european though so that might be why lol

as for the skate team thing i saw vincent milou in a lacoste polo when they were streaming sls a month or two ago and i think he'd be a great fit. he's french too so i would be surprised if that was a coincidence
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
« Reply #115 on: September 30, 2022, 04:40:21 AM »

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
« Reply #116 on: September 30, 2022, 06:26:08 AM »
Am I the only one who likes it? I don't really know or care enough about fashion brands to have an opinion, but if I found those Thrasher/Lacoste sweatpants and hoodie at Nordstrom Rack for ~$40, I'd buy them in a heartbeat and wear them without a hint of irony.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

George Vallore

• Rep: 15
« Reply #117 on: September 30, 2022, 06:50:59 AM »
Am I the only one who likes it? I don't really know or care enough about fashion brands to have an opinion, but if I found those Thrasher/Lacoste sweatpants and hoodie at Nordstrom Rack for ~$40, I'd buy them in a heartbeat and wear them without a hint of irony.

You've got a modicum of free will, you can wear whatever you want.

The discussion here is basically about how a magazine that is considered a bastion of "core" skateboarding values collaborated with a Preppie clothing brand that has nothing to do with skateboarding...yet.

It's not about the item, it's about the principle.

Skateboarding is a weird thing. We built our own foundation, because the push and pull of mainstream acceptance has come and gone several times. We're entered a really, really new phase where skateboarding is now going to be seen as a "true sport."

There is always groups of outsiders wanting to ride the wave. This is an instance where Thrasher took the check, and it's having a real backlash.

But wear whatever you want. Wear a pasta strainer on your head and rainbow sandals while you skate, who cares.

There will always be gatekeeping, because there are people who truly love skateboarding as a culture and as a creative expression. It's personal to them when sharks come around looking for some cool points.

I skate alone now, because no one can gatekeep my love of skateboarding if no one is around.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
« Reply #118 on: September 30, 2022, 06:53:56 AM »
I skate alone now, because no one can gatekeep my love of skateboarding if no one is around.

This is a pretty dramatic reaction to a sweatshirt with an alligator on it.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

George Vallore

• Rep: 15
« Reply #119 on: September 30, 2022, 06:57:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This is a pretty dramatic reaction to a sweatshirt with an alligator on it.

I've been skating for 35 years now. I've been skating alone for the last 5.

If anything, I'd say this forum is the real impetus for it. ba dum dum!