Author Topic: HBO: The Last of Us Official Trailer  (Read 307 times)

GrayCellGreen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
HBO: The Last of Us Official Trailer
« on: September 27, 2022, 12:27:02 PM »
Huge fan of both games. Pretty stoked for this series despite my reservations about the actors they casted as Joel and Ellie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBRRDpQ0yc0

Thoughts?

Deputy Wendell

Re: HBO: The Last of Us Official Trailer
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2022, 12:54:52 PM »
this looks sterling. with how crazy things have been the past few years, and the varying degrees of precariousness we all feel in these unsure times, i'm just glad that someone has finally decided to produce some kind of apocalyptic vision of our world and the future--there is a dearth of material in this genre, so finally we'll get some catharsis

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2022, 01:08:27 PM »
Everyone gonna hate season 2.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2022, 02:21:07 PM »
An apocalypse happens during a Game of Thrones wrap party.   These two actors are the only survivors.   

Speaking of video game shows, there’s a Twisted Metal show that just wrapped filming

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2022, 05:24:53 AM »
this looks sterling. with how crazy things have been the past few years, and the varying degrees of precariousness we all feel in these unsure times, i'm just glad that someone has finally decided to produce some kind of apocalyptic vision of our world and the future--there is a dearth of material in this genre, so finally we'll get some catharsis

gotta say I'm surprised by your statement mate! as a an sf nerd I've read lots of post-apocalyptic novels, some of which really left a big impression on me. Off the top of my head:

Parable of the Sower, Octavia Butler
I Am Legend,  Richard Matheson
Malevil, Robert Merle
Earth abides, George R. Stewart.
Station Eleven, Emily St. John Mandel

at least 3 out of these have been made into a movie/series. I must have been 12 when I saw Malevil and that one really stayed with me.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 06:39:43 AM by OldieButFrenchie »