Author Topic: Mikey Taylor and his Far Right Connections  (Read 13832 times)

backside_reacharound

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -215
Re: Mikey Taylor and his Far Right Connections
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2022, 11:46:44 AM »
Why does that matter. He doesn’t even skate anymore. Conservative people are everywhere and have always existed . It’s a part of democracy . Why are you guys like this

lol, is this a joke???

some of us don't want mikey taylor's of the world running shit... that's why

IpathCats

« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2022, 11:52:04 AM »
I do think that these companies buying up all the houses to rent them is a problem, but are ALL landlords bad? Am I an asshole if i decide to rent my current house out when/if i buy a new one? At what point does renting our properties become bad? Serious question. I see a lot of people who use the term "landlord" as a pejorative and I think i know what types of people they're referring to. I also know a handful of middle class people that are technically landlords that arent rich, still work full time jobs, and just rent their previous house out as an investment property. I just want to know where the line is drawn, or if the second you decide to rent out your old home you become an evil person.

again, these giant real estate conglomerates are a huge problem especially in conjunction with Zillow/air bnb, this shit needs to be addressed. I'm just genuinely curious about where/if a line is drawn between them and regular ass people trying to prepare for their future. Please keep in mind that markets are different everywhere and where i live you dont have to be a millionaire to buy property, even now.

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2022, 11:59:23 AM »
From his local paper. The more I look into this the more I see why UWK put him on blast. Bad look all around for MT.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 726
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2022, 12:02:51 PM »
Horse jokes very much aside, Useless_Wooden_Knowledge on IG is posting a very informative and reasoned series of stories on Mikey Taylor and how his church connections links him Charlie Kirk or Turning Point USA and Falwell Jr (nutshell - Christian Al Qaeda Trump die-hards). 

If anyone knows how to post stories, it’s worth a read.    Mikey Taylor is a fucking joke, but fucking jokes become problems if they aren’t taken seriously

Feel like I just watched Season 2 of True Detective reading through these posts

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2022, 12:07:49 PM »
I do think that these companies buying up all the houses to rent them is a problem, but are ALL landlords bad? Am I an asshole if i decide to rent my current house out when/if i buy a new one? At what point does renting our properties become bad? Serious question. I see a lot of people who use the term "landlord" as a pejorative and I think i know what types of people they're referring to. I also know a handful of middle class people that are technically landlords that arent rich, still work full time jobs, and just rent their previous house out as an investment property. I just want to know where the line is drawn, or if the second you decide to rent out your old home you become an evil person.

again, these giant real estate conglomerates are a huge problem especially in conjunction with Zillow/air bnb, this shit needs to be addressed. I'm just genuinely curious about where/if a line is drawn between them and regular ass people trying to prepare for their future. Please keep in mind that markets are different everywhere and where i live you dont have to be a millionaire to buy property, even now.

Renting a former property doesn't make you what Mikey and his likes do. Hell, even being on your third home renting the first two are still in okay territory. Its the people that are buying (residential) properties for the sole intention of being a (residential) landlord. Buying whole blocks and then price fixing the rent. I get that landlords will need to exist in some capacity because of the way the market is set up and the banks etc. But owning 10/15/25 properties is a bit much.

The landlord I had before buying my home was renting us her house she got in a divorce, she later met someone else and they moved into his place she rented her former residence for $150 more than what she was paying for the the mortgage she still owed. The additional money covered a maintenance/repair company she was keeping on retainer in the event something happened at or to the property. She was very transparent with all of this up front. She even gave us first chance at buying the property when she made the decision to sell. This is an example of a really good landlord and 90% are not this.

I get in the situation of renting a previously lived in property at some point might create profit/or at the very least some liquid income. But that is playing the long game.

At least for me if I were to buy a new house right now, I would likely need to sell my current house to unlock built up equity to have the resources to close on a new house/show a bank I am worth a larger mortgage.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 12:16:30 PM by arrbee »
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

IpathCats

« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2022, 12:18:29 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Renting a former property doesn't make you what Mikey and his likes do. Hell, even being on your third home renting the first two are still in okay territory. Its the people that are buying (residential) properties for the sole intention of being a (residential) landlord. Buying whole blocks and then price fixing the rent. I get that landlords will need to exist in some capacity because of the way the market is set up and the banks etc. But owning 10/15/25 properties is a bit much.

I get in the situation of renting a previously lived in property at some point might create profit/or at the very least some liquid income. But that is playing the long game.

At least for me if I were to buy a new house right now, I would likely need to sell my current house to unlock built up equity to have the resources to close on a new house/show a bank I am worth a larger mortgage.

ok this was good to hear haha. having a couple homes is basically my retirement plan and people were starting to make me feel like i was doing something wrong for planning that. fuck a 401k, fuck committing to this "market" which is basically just a tool the rich use to syphon money from the lower classes.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2022, 12:24:29 PM »
Landlords, airbnbs, vacation homes, Zillow, etc are all proof of a broken system which places a burden on the future of humans.

Houseless humans could all have homes but instead we displace them because we’ve deemed them useless without understand their own issues. Capitalist society works it’s media outlet to deem those who don’t comply, as not trying hard enough.

If you’ve ever had or know people that have certain mental health/social issues, shits hard enough as it is. I feel safe in assuming the people who made it out of nothing did it on the backs of others or are grossly exaggerating where they came from. Fuck our current systems in place
The chillest1

sacking rails

• Rep: -222
  • sacking rails
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2022, 12:32:14 PM »
i own a house does that make me part of the problem?

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2022, 12:34:17 PM »
Landlords, airbnbs, vacation homes, Zillow, etc are all proof of a broken system which places a burden on the future of humans.

Houseless humans could all have homes but instead we displace them because we’ve deemed them useless without understand their own issues. Capitalist society works it’s media outlet to deem those who don’t comply, as not trying hard enough.

If you’ve ever had or know people that have certain mental health/social issues, shits hard enough as it is. I feel safe in assuming the people who made it out of nothing did it on the backs of others or are grossly exaggerating where they came from. Fuck our current systems in place

There are plenty of unused houses in Baltimore City that could house thousands of houseless individuals.

No one wants to fund it. Literal whole blocks, both sides of the street 30+ homes. Large 4+ bedroom rowhomes, multiple blocks in a row, abandoned for as long as I can remember.

I agree fuck the current system. No one wants to fund fixing people because they don't see value in it.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 620
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2022, 12:37:48 PM »
Horsey Taylor has always been a sheep. I am not surprised that he is an idiot without his own opinion.

Always following what's cool or in trend at the time. From the clothes, to the haircut, to the tricks. The fs shuv front crooks was cool, but that was a million years ago and he hasn't left the stable for a long time.

And it doesn't seem like he even skates anymore. If you slam on the concrete, you stay humble and don't turn into whatever he wants to be now.
IG: @flowterspace

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2022, 12:39:43 PM »
From his local paper. The more I look into this the more I see why UWK put him on blast. Bad look all around for MT.

I see he's mastering the politician artform of saying so much but not saying anything at all.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 772
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2022, 01:16:03 PM »

nothing's been the since same

Goodcurbs

• Rep: -279
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2022, 01:17:05 PM »
FWIW UWK not alone here. These are from his election IG page most recent post. All posted before yesterdays UWK story blast.

Also FWIW his election website is currently down for me

EDIT:
This website opposing Mikey IS working, and has a much better URL IMO
http://mikeytaylorforcitycouncil.com/
This guy is pricing out the poor so their only option is renting storage lockers for their belongings. A huge percentage of the homeless population in Seattle live out of these storage spaces because rent is too high. It's disgusting. Mikey Taylor is a foul piece of shit. His children will inherit his Nazi legacy.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2022, 01:20:49 PM »
Mikey Taylor and his Far Right Circumcisions

sacking rails

• Rep: -222
  • sacking rails
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2022, 01:24:27 PM »
pros least likely to be far right/neo nazis

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 265
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2022, 01:43:26 PM »
seent dis old footy of ya mans

Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

323-BALM

• Rep: 46
« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2022, 01:54:03 PM »

Precisely, and I’d be willing to bet this “lady” and conversation didn’t even happen in real life. He just needed to find a way to bring up is age, silly name and lack of political experience in a cute 60 second video. His one ear bud dangling in the ear and pen in the hand are about as contrived as this whole video.

999 times out of 1000, when a politician tells you about someone who came up to them to tell them something, it did not happen.

doesn't even need a tell like Trump and his "he said, Sir" bit...they're just not true

this guy sucks.
You've clearly never smelled a cauliflower fart.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2022, 01:57:27 PM »
I don’t think Mikey is outright racist, or homophobic, but he’s silent about it because of his affiliates, which makes him a coward, and to me that’s worse.

Dude has always come across as spineless and will just say whatever he can to avoid conflict, and those people are the most susceptible to the far-right.

Money makes you weird. He’s hella suss. Fuck Mikey T
The chillest1

AxionCityStars

• Rep: -28
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2022, 02:10:58 PM »
Mikey Taylor is a gentrifier hands down and Prod is invested into it destroying black and brown communities.

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 167
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2022, 02:22:06 PM »
I wouldn’t trust Mikey to watch my board

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1399
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2022, 03:15:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

ok this was good to hear haha. having a couple homes is basically my retirement plan and people were starting to make me feel like i was doing something wrong for planning that. fuck a 401k, fuck committing to this "market" which is basically just a tool the rich use to syphon money from the lower classes.

What the hell do you think owning numerous rental properties from which you are able to "retire on" is doing? Profiting off of basic human needs so you can live the comfy life, right on, right on.

Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

work_lurker

• Rep: 80
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2022, 04:38:03 PM »
At most you can own 2 houses (or stables, in Mikey's case) without being a piece of shit. And you're straddling the line at that.
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

Lord Viper Scorpion

« Reply #82 on: September 29, 2022, 04:59:06 PM »
Why does that matter. He doesn’t even skate anymore. Conservative people are everywhere and have always existed . It’s a part of democracy . Why are you guys like this

why do you guys like beating a dead horse

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #83 on: September 29, 2022, 05:16:10 PM »
there’s a big difference between being a landlord with a few properties to rent out and horseman who buys up multiple buildings in low income neighborhoods, kicks the people out of their homes, renovates them into luxury apartments and raises the rent 6 times the amount. it’s fuckin evil

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 439
« Reply #84 on: September 29, 2022, 06:12:56 PM »
Man the more I read about this the more unsavoury he comes across. Someone please tell him it’s “Thousand Oaks”, not “Thousand Oats”, maybe he’ll lose interest 

sketchysenpai

• Rep: 5
« Reply #85 on: September 29, 2022, 06:56:40 PM »

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 656
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2022, 06:58:49 PM »

Brilliant, nothing like taking Riley's perspective of the world and thinking it is the right way to live your life. (Also, I saw Jeffwonsong in LA a few months ago. He did an inward heel-flip on every stair set in the park and went home. It was beyond weird.)

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

sketchysenpai

• Rep: 5
« Reply #87 on: September 29, 2022, 07:02:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Brilliant, nothing like taking Riley's perspective of the world and thinking it is the right way to live your life. (Also, I saw Jeffwonsong in LA a few months ago. He did an inward heel-flip on every stair set in the park and went home. It was beyond weird.)

Jeff of all people commenting that is probably my favorite thing to happen in skateboarding. I knew the comments on Mikey’s post were gonna be gold but I’m so glad I saw that.

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #88 on: September 29, 2022, 07:03:44 PM »
I wouldn’t trust Mikey to watch my board

HeapsCool

• Rep: -172
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #89 on: September 29, 2022, 07:36:02 PM »
In his response he said he had to look up right wing nationalism and fascism. And he is running for local government. This beyond un fucking believable.